My public apology. I am sorry.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
Then he kept talking.

I think I agree with ya. The intentions seemed honorable in post 1.

And then he kept talking.

Frankly Im surprised at the reactions of people here - some of whom I know are parents even - to the elbowing story. When you actually map out the physical logistics of it, not only is it a ridiculously weak crutch, it completly glosses over the fact that it was he, by his own admission, who actually initiated the physical contact and escalated the entire thing. Disgusted doesnt even begin to describe my feelings on it.

Apparently it's only the US and Canada where this happened. Everywhere else, you showed up in line, you were in line. No secret locations, no secret lists three days in advance.

THIS IS WHY THEY HATE US!

Sorry, Canada. You're going to have to put up with getting lumped in with us on this one. :wink:

yeah, having only been to concerts in Europe, i seriously cannot get my head around this whole line list thing... i wouldn't be good in such a situation lol :D

Jive Turkey said:
This isn't meant as a dig at you U2BROTHR, because by all accounts, you're the nicest dude going, but the irony in this combination of words made me laugh for real :wink:

No women or children were harmed in the making of The Mirrorball Man 2.0 Experience.

:wink:

Frankly Im surprised at the reactions of people here - some of whom I know are parents even - to the elbowing story. When you actually map out the physical logistics of it, not only is it a ridiculously weak crutch, it completly glosses over the fact that it was he, by his own admission, who actually initiated the physical contact and escalated the entire thing. Disgusted doesnt even begin to describe my feelings on it.

i'm not defending or vilifying anyone because i don't know the full story, but if someone was harassing/elbowing my child in such a situation, yes i would go absolutely ballistic... however, if my 15-year-old child initiated the aggression and was the one elbowing and being a brat, i would also go ballistic... plus, if they were saving the spot for me and i arrived afterwards, i would just accept the fact that i got there late and would stand behind my child - no way would i push my way in! it's not such a big deal is it? :shrug:

Precisely. None of us do. But he clearly initiated the aggression by pushing up on her. Thats the huge point everyone defending this guy is missing. And he initiated it on the easiest target he could find.

bingo

You're quite the asshole, huh?

Thanks. Coming from you, that's a compliment.

bulltproof -- this thread illustrates why you should never, ever apologise.

:rolleyes: :lol:

I agree. Never admit you are human...

This!

There's no real apology happening here to be honest. It's all another attempt at playing the victim....
*sigh* I regret thinking you are sorry. You really aren't.
Hopefully next tour Bulltproof, you'll just do us all a favour and get seats.
What victim? I'm not a victim (unless you count some bullying by line Nazi, and Interference.com users).

I have the original LIST from Pittsburgh. Over 100 people were PLUS 1's in the first 450 people. I wasn't a victim then either.

The exact same thread on atu2.com was locked while it was on the 1st page. Hopefully, the mods do the same to this one soon.

I was the one that locked the thread atu2.com. It gives the OP that option. SO take your insinuations and direct them elsewhere.

I locked it because locked it because I didn't want to see it turn into a clusterfuck the way this one has.

And why do you want it locked? Some self serving agenda? Don't want people to know that YOU are the catalyst for this "apology" in the first place?

I don't know, "sympathy" didn't seem like the right word, either.

Then he kept talking.

And Interferencer's kept talking. So I had to defend myself. And it spiraled from there.

See above.

Precisely. None of us do. But he clearly initiated the aggression by pushing up on her. Thats the huge point everyone defending this guy is missing. And he initiated it on the easiest target he could find.

You are delusional. I didn't push a girl. She elbowed me. YOU weren't there! The people in question didn't chime in!

No. I'm not, and never have been a member of "The Facebook page".

It's so funny that you people make up your own assumptions, and others feed off that. It continues, and the assumptions become truth somehow.

See you all in the GA line next tour. :wave:

Policies and Rules

Is posting private emails, Private Messages (PMs), chat logs, or Instant Message logs ok?
ONLY if you have the consent of the other party(s) involved in the communication in question. Posting of private communications without the consent of the other party(s) involved is reason to possibly have your forum membership terminated and to be suspended or banned from the forum. This also applies to any private communications which are to or from the site's staff whether they be posted here or elsewhere. In some places, posting of such communications without consent is considered illegal.

another point people seem to be missing: comparatively, to other cities, this line was a pretty good experience. Yeah, the couple of people running it did not cross some of their friends off when they should have. And I did hear a few stories about cutters a few hundred people back on the afternoon of the day of the show (both of these things happened in other cities I went to as well.... AND A GREAT REASON TO BE AT THE FRONT OF THE LINE). But I didn't think the rest of the experience was stressful, at all. Arguing was kept to a minimum and between just a small handful of people.

Some people on here don't like the rules of that line (which were pretty much identical to Seattle, Anaheim 1 and 2, Oakland and Chicago (that I know of for sure because I was there). One; no one complained at the time, except for Bulltproof (and only online. he did not identify himself in line. In fact, I don't remember him being in the Pittsburgh line at all until the afternoon of the show, after he posted what shirt he would be wearing). Two, I'm sure most people will go along with whatever rules the person who starts the list comes up with. In Montreal, for example, check-ins were required every three or four hours.

And finally, the whole idea of calling the people that ran the Pittsburgh line "nazis" has kind of irked me. I didn't agree with a lot of how they did it, but they were definitely not strict leaders. I believe the term line nazi originated with the people who basically forced you to show up and spend most of your time in line without leaving. But because the people that ran the line in Pittsburgh (and the different people that ran the lines in Seattle, and Oakland, and Anaheim and Chicago) gave others the ability to leave at any time and show up only once a day until the day of the show... they are the complete opposite of line nazis.

And why do you want it locked? Some self serving agenda? Don't want people to know that YOU are the catalyst for this "apology" in the first place?

Self serving agenda. That's goofy. I'm trying to save you from yourself my man. The large hole of crap you are digging yourself deeper in. To me, I'm past the +1s and the GA and the list issues. I don't care and I'm not addressing General Admission stuff.

What I'm addressing here Bulltproof is your behaviour on this board. Period.

I have nothing to hide. If your apology was indeed sincere and true, then yes. I would be pleased as punch to be the "catalyst" for the apology. But because this apology is NOT of that nature, then I refuse to be included in your trivial trolling games on this board and others. Don't blame me because you did this because I told you to and then it backfires on you......because you really didn't mean it in the first place.

The fact that you have taken a private message that I sent you and made it public in fact shows exactly the kind of person you are for everyone to see which is in violation of the rules.

Despite the fact that the message I sent to you privately is now public. The other members can see why I and others wish to distance themselves from you. I stand by what I have written privately and publicly.

Be thankful it wasn't my daughter you harassed at the U2 show. In fact....count your lucky stars......

People join the lines and get on the lists because they know that's the way it is. And how fortunate for them that they know the system. If you're a fan who isn't participating in an online forum or who has other U2 fan friends who might know, and you show up at 5 am thinking you're going to be right up front? Too bad for you, bub.

But starting the line days in advance with check-ins and lists is still shitty on multiple levels, no matter how smooth it seems to go when it's all said and done.

It's gotten to the point where starting the line/list the day before the show (like in Seattle) sounds reasonable. Starting a list multiple days in advance? Fuck that.

And yeah, I'm just talking generalities now. I'm not even bothering with bullet guy anymore, lest I get dragged down with him into the ever-deepening hole he keeps digging.

Don't want people to know that YOU are the catalyst for this "apology" in the first place?
97531025.jpg

He would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids

another point people seem to be missing: comparatively, to other cities, this line was a pretty good experience.

I do despise what the GA line experience has become for a very loud and irritating minority (ie: an excuse for insecure, weak individuals to exercise control over others with a red marker and a piece of paper/prove their worth as a human being fandom by always being #1 for once goddammit), but I have to laugh that Pittsburgh of all places is being singled out. Chicago was so much worse before the line even formed.

Much like the original thread, it's a damn shame that this is argument is being handled so poorly. Was Bulletproof part of the Casey Anthony prosecution team?

PhilsFan said:
That's real fucking low, dude. I'm sorry your private words are being thrown around, Mark.

It really is a shame that he thinks that he can post my private message on one board and cut and paste it publicly here. The mods have since removed it.

I dont see any reason to let this thread continue at this point. It's time to put all this in the past and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom