More Europe dates in 2011, album out in late 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May be when the new album is out they will release the dates?! Hope so any way! Might be wishful thinking on my part!

That's what I'm thinking. If in fact the album comes out in May, and there aren't any new dates announced by early June, I don't think there will be any more dates this year.

andyuk said:
I doubt that very much since the have signed a 15 year agreement with Live Nation! Live Nation will want $$$$$$$ that means more stadium shows

What are you doubting exactly? I know they signed that deal with livenation that's why I'm saying there will be more tour dates but I just think 360 is their last stadium tour concept that's all.

There was some press conference today in Johannesburg?

Only found an Italian article about what they were talking about, rough translation is:

As for the new album, The Edge said: "We were thinking of writing an album that was the natural continuation of the last, but we realized that it would be a process too long. Only one or two pieces may be associated with the previous one. "

---> meaning: it's not even close to be finished and we still have to wait aaaages for the album to be released?

Instead, Bono added: "It 's great that people will think it's incredible the inclusion of as many as 17 new songs. It 's like a box of cornflakes they compounded more delicious. "

17 songs on one album????? :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Adam instead said: "In the field of music we live with the myth that going to get older lose their approach to writing the most beautiful songs. Well, I think for U2 this is not true, because we're better musicians now than when we started. "

All right dear but we really would like to see some proof of that at last :crack:

PS: I know there's a new album topic I just gave up reading it... :(

There was some press conference today in Johannesburg?

Only found an Italian article about what they were talking about, rough translation is:

As for the new album, The Edge said: "We were thinking of writing an album that was the natural continuation of the last, but we realized that it would be a process too long. Only one or two pieces may be associated with the previous one. "

---> meaning: it's not even close to be finished and we still have to wait aaaages for the album to be released?

I would interpret that as saying they were thinking of writing an extension of NLOTH, to continue it - likely Songs of Ascent - and they decided it'd take too long.

Whatever the new album is, only one or two songs look to spawn from the NLOTH sessions. At least that's how I read that.

As for the cornflakes thing and 17 songs, that's Bono saying that NLOTH had too many songs and that people (artists) try to pack too much into one box. There's an article around about it somewhere, but I'd expect the new album to have 10 or fewer songs, not 17.

I'm getting really impatient. Why can't they just saaaaaaaaaaaaay something definite. :crack::crack::crack::crack::crack::crack:

Maybe I'd better give up waiting and don't expect anything ever again. Eh.

Then at least I'd be surprised when something does come out.

I think it was like that with No Line. I didn't really watch the news about the band (was pretty disappointed with Atomic Bomb) and then one day 'What?? A new U2 album???'

Last edited:
I need a Bowie fan to help me:lol:

c8515ea4-6a36-4b97-8012-6ab6337cc091.jpg

This is a snip of an interview from yesterday, I wonder what it
means ?

"They are troubled by the pain in their own country, Ireland, after it succumbed to the recession, and they say they're going to reconnect and get more involved there later this year."

Odessa said:
This is a snip of an interview from yesterday, I wonder what it
means ?

"They are troubled by the pain in their own country, Ireland, after it succumbed to the recession, and they say they're going to reconnect and get more involved there later this year."

Many Irish are cynical about U2's tax avoidance schemes, I wonder if playing a couple of benefit concerts at Aviva Stadium will placate the haters.

Coldplay and Beyonce officially confirmed for Glastonbury, still no sign of U2.

Could the reason be that they want to wait to announce Glastonbury along with new European Dates?

Last year we knew about Glastonbury in January..

anjarw said:
Coldplay and Beyonce officially confirmed for Glastonbury, still no sign of U2.

Could the reason be that they want to wait to announce Glastonbury along with new European Dates?

Last year we knew about Glastonbury in January..

Maybe U2 aren't playing Glastonbury :hide:

Maybe playing Glastonbury would take away business from their own UK shows this year? Grasping at straws, I am!

I don't think so. Glastonbury is sold out and the ticket is just way too expensive anyway, I'm sure they'd fill several stadiums even if they played Glastonbury too this year.

Back
Top Bottom