More Europe dates in 2011, album out in late 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really really hope they will end their tour in Europe next year! I had my final show two weeks ago in Brussels (7th and last one :( on the 360 tour) and all i want is to go to a concert, I really can slap myself for not buying tix for the Rome concert tomorrow. It's an addiction really ( a good one:drool:)

Me too! If there are any shows in Europe next year I have to go. Brussels was last for me as well, and thinking that I might not see them anytime soon is driving me mad. I don't feel like going to North American shows - so I am praying for some European dates to finish it all of.

Perhaps they wait till after the NZ/Aussie tour. For the '09 leg the dates were announced around the time NLOTH came out.. late feb/early march or so. Roughly half a year in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_xtQaDoU6s

Irish TV Station TV3 is reporting that U2 have just signed a deal to end their phenomenally successful 360 tour at the brand new Aviva Stadium in Dublin.
The Irish superstars would be the first band to play at the 50,000 capacity stadium, due to open later this year. It is designed to mainly host sporting events

Hate to bring the bad news :evil:

Wow, this 3 year tour stretch is getting rough to follow around. By the end of 2011 U2 would have spent 6 of 10 years touring.

:yippie: Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

60k isn't that much, it'll be tricky. I'll be resubscribing early this year!!!!

Yes but if we work out how many people of our crowd want to go and normally you can get up to 4 tickets.......should be easy and some people will still have presale codes left for possible UK shows...:hyper:

Yes but if we work out how many people of our crowd want to go and normally you can get up to 4 tickets.......should be easy and some people will still have presale codes left for possible UK shows...:hyper:

I will get four tickets with a presale code anyway. So a trade sounds good.

Bugger , I only looked at the views and expected it to be new...

Freud ... You see what you want to see.

I doubt they'll be going back to Europe- other than the U.K. and Ireland, which I still have my reservations about.

They've already toured the entirety of Europe twice.

No they pretty much skipped several countries!

The entirety of Europe? Twice? lol, good joke bro.

I apologize. Word vomit.:reject:

I meant to say that they've cross-crossed Europe twice. Is there enough demand to warrant more European shows (especially in yet-to-be-U2-rocked places like Romania)? Have those Split rumors from long ago ever been confirmed?

I apologize. Word vomit.:reject:

I meant to say that they've cross-crossed Europe twice. Is there enough demand to warrant more European shows (especially in yet-to-be-U2-rocked places like Romania)? Have those Split rumors from long ago ever been confirmed?

Of course there is more than enough demand for further U2 shows in Europe!

Split?? Was it rumoured during this tour?? That would be great!

Split was rumored in Fall 2009 for the 2010 dates, has nothing to do with the 2011 rumors which I'm personally very sceptical about. Those rumors started in October but since then have died down quite alot except for this Bucharest rumor, which to be is nothing more than alot of tabloid blabla.

Without a new album, I can't see U2 touring Europe a third time this tour. And since I highly doubt we'll see an album before May (would mean promo starting latest February?) I don't think it's realistic to say they'll be back to Europe. When could that happen anyway? They're touring the US May - July and supposedly want to end the tour in Asia (another rumor). Regardless of the last bit, August/September is the only time they could tour Europe and then again it's good luck on finding the right locations to play without football/soccer getting in the way. This won't be a problem at Wembley, but pretty much any other location.

Short: I can't see them tour Europe a third time.

Split was rumored in Fall 2009 for the 2010 dates, has nothing to do with the 2011 rumors which I'm personally very sceptical about. Those rumors started in October but since then have died down quite alot except for this Bucharest rumor, which to be is nothing more than alot of tabloid blabla.

Without a new album, I can't see U2 touring Europe a third time this tour. And since I highly doubt we'll see an album before May (would mean promo starting latest February?) I don't think it's realistic to say they'll be back to Europe. When could that happen anyway? They're touring the US May - July and supposedly want to end the tour in Asia (another rumor). Regardless of the last bit, August/September is the only time they could tour Europe and then again it's good luck on finding the right locations to play without football/soccer getting in the way. This won't be a problem at Wembley, but pretty much any other location.

Short: I can't see them tour Europe a third time.

Not that I want to argue with you but even if the new album is not out before May it doesn't mean that they couldn't do some European shows to support it.

I don't think the Bucharest thing is just a tabloid blabla. I think they'd really like to get U2 go there - it depends if they can pay enough and if U2 are coming back to Europe of course.

I think also some sort of 're-packaging' of the tour may help for any other Euro dates. Many casual on lookers will see "U2 360" and may presume it is the same show

The only way to "repackage" would be to have a new concept (= new stage), and there's no way that's gonna happen. Personally I don't see how else they'd go around it without a new album. I think the last thing U2 wants is to have the "Greatest Hits" Tour label on them.

The only way to "repackage" would be to have a new concept (= new stage), and there's no way that's gonna happen. Personally I don't see how else they'd go around it without a new album. I think the last thing U2 wants is to have the "Greatest Hits" Tour label on them.

but why are you saying that there will be no new album?

Not that I want to argue with you but even if the new album is not out before May it doesn't mean that they couldn't do some European shows to support it.

It's a forum, I hope people argue here! :)

Of course that wouldn't mean they couldn't, it's just a question if they would tour without an album. U2 could tour 5 straight years without a new album and I doubt you'd have to worry about empty arenas. But, as mentioned above, they've always been careful not to be labeled as the "Greatest Hits" Tour band and playing Europe a third time without a new album would bring them a whole step closer to that scenario, regardless of playing unreleased songs or not. They did that in 2010 (1-2/Show) and cut out a whole bunch of NLOTH songs...if we're objective, except a few songs in the setlist it is very best-of like. Which is not a criticism, it's just that they have an insane back catalogue and some of their best songs are the "greatest hits" classics. They faced the same scenario in 2006: They cut some HTDAAB songs and played some more common songs. As soon as you do that, you're a step closer to a "Greatest Hits" show because you're not supporting an album anymore, but just playing a concert for the sake of putting on a show. That's my whole argument. :)

I don't think the Bucharest thing is just a tabloid blabla. I think they'd really like to get U2 go there - it depends if they can pay enough and if U2 are coming back to Europe of course.

I'm not doubting that they want to see U2, but the rumor just goes as far as that: "We'd like to see U2"...there's no real word of negotiations of any sort. And as said, it's the first rumor about a Europe tour in months.

I hope I'm wrong.

but why are you saying that there will be no new album?

I don't know, I just don't see it happening. We've heard this thing with "new album between tour" since the Elevation Tour and it's never happened. Fact is that U2 would never release a spontaneous album anymore nowadays like in the 90's, especially with Bono being aware that NLOTH wasn't as great of hit that they would have liked it to be. They'll take their time and carefully consider a worthy album to be released to be "back in the game." And if you wanna record an album like that, you're not just gonna play around some tracks with Danger Mouse and release it in the midst of a tour. I just don't see that happening. Bono's well aware that the next album will have to be a massive hit with a great lead single. Not that we expect that from them (I would love to have a quick raw album), but it's their own expectation of themselves to be up there with the best.

Back
Top Bottom