More Europe dates in 2011, album out in late 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't mind if it were 2010, because then it's off the table for me and I wouldn't have to stress about changing my vacation plans for it. :reject:

You would have a blast if you make your trip during the shows. Dublin when U2 shows are happening is fantastic.

If it's October, it might end up being a no-go. Sounds like it's pushing it, weather-wise. I don't want to spend my two-plus-week trip in the rain or something just to arrange it around U2.

I mean, I love this band, but this trip is supposed to be about me, not U2. :wink:

On the other hand, I'd hate to end up hating myself if I didn't do it.

You're going to hate yourself. :wink:

It rains in Ireland all the time. It rained when I was there during during an October and it rained when I was there during July. Don't think you're going to get around the rain.

I'm from Seattle, I can handle some rain. :wink:

I've been told by reliable sources that weather-wise and tourist-season wise, September is a great time to go. Weather is still mostly reliable and the summer holidays are over.

If they announce dates for September, I'm in. If they announce for August, I'll probably do it, but will not be thrilled to change my plans to be in the height of travel season. If it's October ... I don't know.

FUCK. It's stressing me out already. :grumpy:

(It's also entirely possible I'm just way overthinking this.)

I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure that Eno can work on two projects at once.

I have no clue if he has worked with U2 on the side, and we haven't heard anything to that effect, but the idea that just because he's working with Coldplay (whose album has no set release date either) precludes him from working with other artists seems ridiculous.

Eno does a week or two on one project and week or two on other projects. Lots of past u2 albums have gone way over schedule and Eno was booked to work with other bans so he alternated his time.

Has the band popularity really declined that much in the UK?I remember they did 4 nights at the old wembley stadium on Zoo TV in '93.

The final London night sold out. It was night 3 that struggled. Plus they split the shows(weekends?) and went elsewhere during the week to give local fans a bit of breathing room and desire to see more shows.

That said, this rumour does not mention any South American shows.

Asia/South America/Mexico/Hawaii must be between Australia and US.

Is Glastonbury the only chance of u2 playing a festival anywhere in the world?

Curious if they may play elsewhere in Europe at a festival with or without the Claw.

Aviva in October?? Damn I don't know if I can pass that up. I was hoping they'd do Dublin in 2011 so I wouldn't have to wait until next tour, but I'm going to be suuuuuuuuuuper broke if this actually happens.

That said, as much as I believe U2 could sell out shows there in a matter of weeks, it wouldn't make any sense to do so.

Maybe they mean that U2 will announce in October extra European shows (such as Ireland) to take place next year? I hope so cos I would love to go but just couldn't do it for this October! Also they sold tickets for this year's European shows about one year in advance so that announcement schedule fits in with their past record.

U2 for Glastonbury 2011 woohoo!!! How could it not mean them?!? :D

My guess is U2, Coldplay, Radiohead.

Now just need to get tickets :wink:

The Glastonbury song will be old by the time the band actually gets to perform at the festival next year. Maybe they'll write Glastonbury part 2 :lol:

I keep my fingers crossed that it's true and that it will actually happen this time.

:crack: Wtf. 200 quid for a Glastonbury ticket? Well that's not gonna happen for me then.

My bets are
U2
Muse
as much as I hate them, prolly CP.

:crack: Wtf. 200 quid for a Glastonbury ticket? Well that's not gonna happen for me then.

Tell me about it! And that doesn't include car parking/ tent pitching fees etc.

Have you read all the terms & conditions - its like applying to join the intelligence service - You have to provide a photograph which will be imposed on your ticket so it is non-transferable, you have to pay in 2 different stages, there is a point at which you can request a partial refund but sounds like you're stuffed it you fall ill the month of the show etc.

I'll stick to seeing U2 (and other bands) in more easy-going circumstances!

I bet one of the other headliners will be the Rolling Stones, don't know for the third though.

They are not gonna have a same band 2 years in a row.So no Muse for sure.

Eavis says "the 3 biggest bands in the world".So it has to be U2 on Friday,Coldplay on Sunday and either The Stones,Metallica or maybe Arcade Fire for Saturday's slot.

Umm, there's no way in hell Arcade Fire are amongst the biggest bands in the world.

Eavis mangles his words. 'Bands' might mean 'acts'. He has said before that one of the headliners is a solo act from the US that they've wanted 'forever'. So a major old-school solo act who hasn't performed there before. Prince is the hot front runner, but Madonna and Bob Dylan have been thrown around (and shot down). Or of course something could have changed. Highly, highly, highly doubt it will be the Rolling Stones. Coldplay almost a lock - will have an album out in between now and then.

Tell me about it! And that doesn't include car parking/ tent pitching fees etc.

Have you read all the terms & conditions - its like applying to join the intelligence service - You have to provide a photograph which will be imposed on your ticket so it is non-transferable, you have to pay in 2 different stages, there is a point at which you can request a partial refund but sounds like you're stuffed it you fall ill the month of the show etc.

I'll stick to seeing U2 (and other bands) in more easy-going circumstances!

I bet one of the other headliners will be the Rolling Stones, don't know for the third though.

Geez. A friend of mine asked if I wanted to come with her, but reading all this put me off for good. :crack: What a mafia.

U2
Rolling Stones
AC/DC

there is no way coldplay, muse, arcade fire and whoever else are bigger than AC/DC or the Stones or u2 for that matter..lol

AC/DC wrapped up a tour that grossed around $450 million to 5 million people. coldplay could never do this.

But of course in Glastonbury's opinion it just might be Lady Gaga, Justin Beiber, and Miley Cyrus!

lol can't be bothered with the likes of Norah? :wink:

That would have been perfect nap time. It just seems so grueling, especially if you are like me a wannabe rail skank. It just seems easier to hang out in a GA line for 12+ hours on an inflatable raft rather than listening to bands you don't really care about to get to the one or two you do.

Back
Top Bottom