More Europe dates in 2011, album out in late 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This occurred in the lobby of the Hyatt Morumbi on Wednesday afternoon after Bono signed some stuff for me (Im going from memory after a 12 hour flight home, but it's more or less what was said)

Beershack Thanks very much, I really appreciate it. I flew all the way from DC for the show

Bono Not fecking way. What do you do up there?

Beershack I work for Xe, my wife works at NASA

Bono NASA? we're working with NASA on some really cool new stuff

Beershack Thats cool - we're looking forward to seeing you play at the Baltimore show, it's right near Goddard Space Flight Center

Bono Youre catching a lot of shows, what was your favorite so far in SP?

Beershack Sunday - Zooropa fucking ruled :drool:

Bono (smiles) you liked that eh? Do you think fans would be up for it if we did a smaller arena tour and just did rarities & b-sides ?

Beershack Oh hell yeah - so there will be more shows after Moncton?

Bono We'll see

other people in the lobby come over around that time for autographs & photos, thus ending my conversation

Very cool conversation!!! Although you weren't very quick on your feet. It was critical after he said they were working on cool NASA stuff to say "very cool, as long as IALW is not involved" :wink:

OMG! This is great!:wink:
I like the reaction when he asks "Do you think that would be a good idea?":up:

From 0:27 - 0:58 of this video, Bono basically says the same thing he said to Beershack about the next tour being indoors w/ more rarities and B-Sides....

YouTube - Bono atendendo aos fãs no Hyatt (3)

Great find!! Oh Bono why do you tease us like this. I think everyone that talks to him from now on has to say, "Hey Bono, we heard you confirmed an indoor tour with B-sides and rarities. Can't wait!!"

And if you have an opportunity to speak with any other band member you say, "Hey, we heard Bono confirmed an indoor tour where you're planning to play B-sides and rarities. Bono has such great ideas!!!"

Make sure you get a picture of Larry's face after you say it.

I think everyone that talks to him from now on has to say, "Hey Bono, we heard you confirmed an indoor tour with B-sides and rarities. Can't wait!!"

And if you have an opportunity to speak with any other band member you say, "Hey, we heard Bono confirmed an indoor tour where you're planning to play B-sides and rarities. Bono has such great ideas!!!"

Seriously, everybody, DO THIS.

If I were going to any subsequent shows, I'd make a point of meeting the band just to tell them how much I love Spanish Eyes and Love Comes Tumbling and Treasure and Luminous Times and Lady With The Spinning Head and Slug and and and ... and ...

:lmao:

Yapping about the next tour when this one's still far from over and a new album has yet to surface.

Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves Bono.

Bono Youre catching a lot of shows, what was your favorite so far in SP?

Beershack Sunday - Zooropa fucking ruled :drool:

Bono (smiles) you liked that eh? Do you think fans would be up for it if we did a smaller arena tour and just did rarities & b-sides ?
:hyper::hyper::hyper:
Beershack Oh hell yeah - so there will be more shows after Moncton?

Bono We'll see
:|
Well, that's unfortunate. As a veteran of the new album speculation threads over on WTAHNN, I know "we'll see" is a better synonym for "no" than the word "no" is. *sigh*
x-files-believe-796806.jpg

Great find!! Oh Bono why do you tease us like this. I think everyone that talks to him from now on has to say, "Hey Bono, we heard you confirmed an indoor tour with B-sides and rarities. Can't wait!!"

^
:lol:

:lmao::love:

:lol:

he is such a tease!

still not renewing my lapsed subscription to U2 dot com though :D

Might be old news, but in case not...

...this is U2's Tour Director Craig Evans talking to the media before the Santiago show last month:

YouTube - U2CHILE.NET | CONFERENCIA DE PRENSA CRAIG EVANS CONCIERTO U2360 EN CHILE

He says that the tour will have "over 110 shows", and that the Santiago show will be #76.

Assuming Craig is correct that Santiago was show #76, and based on the 360 Tour schedule at U2.com, the remaining announced shows after Santiago comes to a tour total of only 107 concerts.

That leaves at least three more concerts to be announced....

I'm guessing it's just Bono's Grand Idea Of The Day. Likely directly due to the online response to Zooropa. He should get a blog, or at least a Twitter account, and just blast this stuff out as it comes to him. "We're going to record an album underwater!" "We're going to tour out of the back of a 1982 Toyota!" "We're recording six albums and we're going to release them all as sheet music!"

I'm guessing it's just Bono's Grand Idea Of The Day. Likely directly due to the online response to Zooropa. He should get a blog, or at least a Twitter account, and just blast this stuff out as it comes to him. "We're going to record an album underwater!" "We're going to tour out of the back of a 1982 Toyota!" "We're recording six albums and we're going to release them all as sheet music!"

So true!!!! :hyper:

That B-Sides tour will never happen... I like his childlike enthusiasm, now that I've got used to the fact that 99% of stuff that comes out of his mouth about future plans are just stream of consciousness ramblings... It's actually quite endearing... Oh, and the tour will end in Moncton.

Well, if its not just an idea he had while he was taking a dump right then, just before walking outside and meeting fans, and it is something that has been floated and discussed... it's a good one that I suppose could possibly get somewhere within the U2 camp?

Its a great idea for *us* for obvious reasons, but it might very well be something they would consider at the moment. They surely must have a keen sense of their own mortality as a band these days. And they would obviously know the limitations of their touring. Just as there are a bunch of songs we'd all murder children for a chance to hear live again, but realistically think we maybe never will hear again, there surely would be a bunch that they must have a similar feeling towards. If we only have one or two BIG U2 TOUR's left in us, and they naturally lean toward Greatest Hits or at the very least a certain size or type of song... have we played 'Love is Blindness' for the last time? Ever? Twenty years ago?

It doesn't have to be a 'tour'. It could just be a decent run in four or five cities. NYC, London, Dublin, Paris... or something. Five arena dates in each city. A month out of their lives. Sold as what it is: b-sides, rarities, that's it. The Where The Streets Gets No Play Tour. Give a bunch of songs one more chance to shine.

I doubt it would happen, but it might very well be something they are giving some thought to. They have been dropping some of those kind of songs on this tour, and they would be noticing the miss-match between the reaction inside the stadium, and the reaction outside the stadium. They want to play them, there's a market for it, it's just not at BIG U2 TOUR gigs.

Personally I'd love to see them play all over the world, no elaborate stage production, wild setlists, four months on eight months off or something. The idea of them becoming a "dinosaur band" doesn't bother me like it does others.

Back
Top Bottom