More Europe dates in 2011, album out in late 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I spoke with Bono at the hotel tonight before the show, and he was non-committal about Moncton being the last show.

He did ask me if I thought fans would be up for an arena tour with just B-sides / rareities, that would fucking rule.

He also mentioned that the band is working with NASA, possibly a space shuttle vid during the US leg?

I'll post some pics from the hotel when I get back to the US on Saturday.

Nice work!

This is now going to be the foundation of months more speculation and analysis. You need to remember precisely what Bono said, as it's gonna be turned over for clues on fan forums all around the world.

beershack said:
He did ask me if I thought fans would be up for an arena tour with just B-sides / rareities, that would fucking rule.

...how incredibly cruel of him. Our dreams are not a joke!

Bono says all kinds of things.

They told at least twice that there are x more shows to go... x being the number of the remaining shows up to Moncton at the time when they said that.

I spoke with Bono at the hotel tonight before the show, and he was non-committal about Moncton being the last show.

He also mentioned that the band is working with NASA, possibly a space shuttle vid during the US leg?

Erm no offense but was this in a dream? :)

That keeps me going. I said before, that Edge interview was so weird him being so non-committal about the tour ending and so on. I have a suspicion something is the works. We'll see before too long.

Yeah but he did say he thinks it would end with Moncton. If he knew something was going on why didn't he say something like 'I don't know' etc?

Yeah but he presumably knows something might be going on or else why not say Moncton is the end. I think they are wanting the element of surprise here - otherwise the business-side of the band would declare Moncton the defintitive end point in order to drive ticket sales for the final North American shows.

That might sound a bit conspiratorial but just remember how many 'final' dates we've already had for the North American leg !

I wonder just in whose hands the decision finally rests?

That is so cool. I hope you told him the NASA video was fine, as long as it didn't involve IALW. Damn, why does the US have to get stuck with this literal space shit.

Thanks for this. Sounds interesting. Just need to hear something similar from Mr Mullen so we can get our hopes up. Its like Bono is a soaring kite and Larry is the post he's tethered to on the ground.

That is so cool. I hope you told him the NASA video was fine, as long as it didn't involve IALW. Damn, why does the US have to get stuck with this literal space shit.

I agree. I always found the astronauts on the space station bit a poor fit with the show - their voices sounded quite robotic and it all feels a bit nerdy high school science project. They could use Nasa for something a bit more fitting like aerial views of the world or something but the band pretending to talk to the astronauts just seemed a bit of an indulgence.

Yes - IALW just seemed a bit corny. It might have been better if it was a live link-up and maybe fine if I'd only seen it one time, but to repeatedly watch Bono watch a pre-recorded clip of a guy in a space suit got a bit tiresome. The rest of the show all bore repetitive viewing very well but the spaceman part...

beershack said:

shoulda said club tour...

WHAT?!?!?!?! Please, tell us the exact words Bono said!! You are the last hope for european fans!! :lol:

Ive just realised why I am so keen for the 360 crab to keep criss-crossing the globe. There is so little positive energy around in the world right now - so much just does not feel right or is not going right that the beacon of light that the 360 tour is brings so much joy to the places it visits I just don't want or see why it should stop.

Give the people of Hungary and the Czech Republic a turn with it, send it back to UK and Ireland, let it set sail for Japan for some desperately needed uplift there. Whatever just don't kill it yet please.

It might sound sappy but I was just looking through some of the video snips from different parts of the world where the tour rolled into town and the positivity that it brought is tangible. It is a much more constructive head-in-the-sand moment of escapism than sitting watching American Idol or somesuch on the TV - it is a truly social phenomenon attending this show. Heck here in Switzerland I've never seen the normally very reserved folk react in such a way as they did the wet in that wonderful second concert in Zurich last September.

I'm going on the assumption that beershack was being very sarcastic.

Well I think Bono sometimes just says what people want him to say!!!! He knew you were a diehard fan and the ultimate dream for most diehards is to see those rare tracks live (Acrobat, Lady with the spinning head, drowning man etc.) .

As unbelievably hard as it would be to fairly give out tickets, the ONLY solution to something like that would be a few small to medium size shows by invite only to die hard fans based on a combination of (sorry but I have to say it…) membership of u2 world service,propaganda,u2.com) . there's no other way to do it without most people bullshitting AND the ticket scalpers getting them all first.

They will never do a whole tour of b-sides and rarities. Sorry to burst your bubble but it won;t happen. If Larry doesn't ever want them to do a greatest hits tour, the chances of a b-sides and rarities tour is less than zero!!!!

The best we can hope for is nuggets like Zooropa and Boy Falls from the Sky (if and when they ever play it again) being interspersed during the show.

it's Bono, i.e. you should never, ever believe a word he says lol!!

WHAT?!?!?!?! Please, tell us the exact words Bono said!! You are the last hope for european fans!! :lol:

This occurred in the lobby of the Hyatt Morumbi on Wednesday afternoon after Bono signed some stuff for me (Im going from memory after a 12 hour flight home, but it's more or less what was said)

Beershack Thanks very much, I really appreciate it. I flew all the way from DC for the show

Bono Not fecking way. What do you do up there?

Beershack I work for Xe, my wife works at NASA

Bono NASA? we're working with NASA on some really cool new stuff

Beershack Thats cool - we're looking forward to seeing you play at the Baltimore show, it's right near Goddard Space Flight Center

Bono Youre catching a lot of shows, what was your favorite so far in SP?

Beershack Sunday - Zooropa fucking ruled :drool:

Bono (smiles) you liked that eh? Do you think fans would be up for it if we did a smaller arena tour and just did rarities & b-sides ?

Beershack Oh hell yeah - so there will be more shows after Moncton?

Bono We'll see

other people in the lobby come over around that time for autographs & photos, thus ending my conversation

Back
Top Bottom