More Europe dates in 2011, album out in late 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorin Oprescu: U2 ar putea cânta ÎN SEPTEMBRIE pe Stadionul Naţional - Gandul

I used Google to translate ..but I didn understand the part about Tunisia...:hmm:

Thanks!

It does seem odd but that is what it says - "Before the period September, U2 is somewhere in Tunisia". Maybe they are looking to play North African dates. Maybe they are heading back to Morocco as well? Would be quite something if true. Maybe they want to be the first big act to play in the new Tunisia - and they've done such a thing before with e.g. Sarajevo.

Also interesting that they talk about the possibility of a Romanian gig in October if not September - suggesting the possibility of a protracted further leg to this amazing tour!

Best of all the mayor apparently said that it is a case of when (September or October) not if U2 play - "The desire to come is resolved"... his words not mine.

Oh then I'd go crazy. I don't think it's a concert by the way. Maybe they're planning to go back there to work on the new album.... :crack:

Edit:

All right, googled it too - I don't think with the current events they'd go to Tunisia for any reason.

Oh then I'd go crazy. I don't think it's a concert by the way. Maybe the're planning to go back there to work on the new album.... :crack:

As long as it is the next new album (and not the one that is supposed to be materialising in May!)

That would make some sense - sort of try to capture the energy of a historic moment - like how they descended on Berlin for Achtung Baby.

What the hell is an air bridge anyway?
I guess 6 747s like they needed to get from NZ to Australia in time. Which implies that the 360 stage itself is going to Tunisia - as it wouldn't take an Air Bridge to get the four lads over.

I see they have a 45,000 seater stadium in Tunisia Stade El Menzah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
where Michael Jackson, Sting and Mariah Carey have played before - on separate occasions.

I'm increasingly getting the feeling we are entering a new phase of exciting developments from the world of U2 - new sound on a new album and never previously visited concert locations, or maybe my imagination is just running wild...

Ah I wish it went there because it probably wouldn't be the only North African date :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Anyway it would be just to good to be true. I think that Mayor guy isn't supposed to chat about U2's unconfirmed plans :hmm:

Anyway it would be just to good to be true. I think that Mayor guy isn't supposed to chat about U2's unconfirmed plans :hmm:

I bet you're right. I also bet he isn't the kind of guy who's used to being told to keep his mouth shut.

Well yeah maybe :D

Btw, there are music festivals in Tunisia in August. Another thing is that I doubt they'd go there with the stage and everything :)

I wonder whether this mayor of Bucharest is just 'talking up' the possibility of a show for an ulterior motive? Is he up for re-election anytime soon? Or trying to justify the increase of costs for this stadium? Its sort of what happens when they have the vote for president at Real Madrid. "If you vote for me then I promise I will sign Messi, etc...."

I wonder whether this mayor of Bucharest is just 'talking up' the possibility of a show for an ulterior motive? Is he up for re-election anytime soon? Or trying to justify the increase of costs for this stadium? Its sort of what happens when they have the vote for president at Real Madrid. "If you vote for me then I promise I will sign Messi, etc...."

That must be it. The guy running against him was offering a papal visit, gladiatorial chariot races and a special one-off guest appearance reincarnation of Michael Jackson so our man thinks to himself "shit, I'd better tell the punters I'll get U2"

That must be it. The guy running against him was offering a papal visit, gladiatorial chariot races and a special one-off guest appearance reincarnation of Michael Jackson so our man thinks to himself "shit, I'd better tell the punters I'll get U2"

and in my book he would win against that dross :)

:lol::lol:

edit again:

it's there, a link towards the end of the article - it's the same one on the Chilean site that robbrecon posted.

I don't think it means anything.

110 shows up to and including Moncton, but not counting the dress rehearsal (which is why the U2gigs count shows 111) or Glastonbury.

I'm starting to think Moncton may be the end. Sweet fuck-all of substance has been heard on the Europe front for ages.

Me? I just want a new album and a NEW tour.

I've actually turned the corner into hoping Dublin doesn't happen, because that'll make my Ireland plans much less convoluted. :lol:

Ranging from about $1100 to $1300 depending on the day I leave and if I fly in one place and out of the other. It's gone up a little since I first started looking, but then today a bunch of flights under $1000 popped up.

I'm budgeting for about $1300 on the generous side, and so far that's looking reasonable.

I never figured Minneapolis would be the flight giving me so much gol-danged trouble!

This time tomorrow we might actually know something new...

The Edge Interview

Michelle Doherty caught up with the legendary U2 man to talk about plans for a new album, bringing the 360 tour to a close, finally getting to play Glastonbury, and the many ways the lads like to slag Bono. Don’t miss it – this Friday at 12.30!

http://www.phantom.ie/ [A Dublin radio station]

I can't imagine why an Irish radio station would be interested if there was no new album coming and if the tour was to end in Moncton.

This time tomorrow we might actually know something new...

The Edge Interview

Michelle Doherty caught up with the legendary U2 man to talk about plans for a new album, bringing the 360 tour to a close, finally getting to play Glastonbury, and the many ways the lads like to slag Bono. Don’t miss it – this Friday at 12.30!

http://www.phantom.ie/ [A Dublin radio station]

I can't imagine why an Irish radio station would be interested if there was no new album coming and if the tour was to end in Moncton.

:up::up::up:

Back
Top Bottom