More Europe dates in 2011, album out in late 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well at least they said something at the journalists lunch in South Africa about wanting to help Ireland. One of the most effective ways might be to play 3 shows at Aviva Stadium or something.

U2-Glastonbury was announced last time round in late November. That's crazy early, and I assume was only because the Glastonbury people were a bit beside themselves. They never do that.

Even getting confirmation of the headliners in February is pretty early, it's usually not till April-ish that they formally confirm that kind of thing. I think in this case, the artists got ahead of the festival. It was 'announced' by the Holy Moly gossip site that it was definitely U2/Coldplay/Beyonce, and then Coldplay and Beyonce's people confirmed. U2 haven't, even though everyone 'knows' its U2 - its the worst kept secret ever.

So why didn't they follow and confirm? Easy thing to do, and its nothing surprising, they wouldn't be pissing anyone off. I think its probably more evidence that they are, in fact, up to something, and they're just holding fire on any/all publicity?

On its own, U2-Glastonbury isn't news - it was essentially confirmed when U2.com advertised the ticketing info. But they can properly confirm it now, or... its another nice bullet point alongside other news to come?

That may be a possibility, perhaps they are waiting to announce them all together and not in dribs and drabs, hope so any way!

:hmm: we waiting and hope for good news..........

U2009: Paris I/II - Berlin - Amsterdam I/II - Gelsenkirchen - London I
U2010: Frankfurt - Hannover - Paris - Brussel I/II
U2011: ?

Also wondering what they will do between 7 - 17 June.. a rare gap of 10 days. Or they will go over to celebrate a week of vacation in Edge's house? Or Bonnaroo? Or Pinkpop? Just dreaming...

It's supposed to mean that a crew member implied there are dates yet that had not been announced that would end the tour, and from that statement it sounds like the crew is (or was at that time) under the impression the tour was ending in Dublin.

(hi Alicia! :reject:)

:shifty:

they are going to play dublin right after boston

:skips out of thread giggling:

This August/September marks 10 years since Slane (dunno where the last decade has gone!) so a Dublin date would be perfect.

lifted from the ukmix forums...

i believe that the poster is mailb who is a regular and knowledgable contributor to the Peeling Off Dollar Bills forum

Mulvanaghty
Manager

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:55 am
No word yet on whether U2's 360 tour will continue beyond July, but if it does, here is what I think they will do:

Tel Aviv
Bucharist
Prague
Oslo
Amsterdam
Paris
Marseille
London
Manchester
Belfast
Dublin
Tokyo

Can't see Prague and Bucharest. one or the other
Or Manchester and London. London only
Belfast - venue?
Tokyo - i don't think Asia will happen, costs will outweigh demand

lifted from the ukmix forums...

i believe that the poster is mailb who is a regular and knowledgable contributor to the Peeling Off Dollar Bills forum

Mulvanaghty
Manager

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:55 am
No word yet on whether U2's 360 tour will continue beyond July, but if it does, here is what I think they will do:

Tel Aviv
Bucharist
Prague
Oslo
Amsterdam
Paris
Marseille
London
Manchester
Belfast
Dublin
Tokyo

Can't see Prague and Bucharest. one or the other
Or Manchester and London. London only
Belfast - venue?
Tokyo - i don't think Asia will happen, costs will outweigh demand

Prague and Bucharest I can see - they are a two day drive or more than 800 miles apart.

I can also see Manchester and London (remember they played 4 UK mainland venues in 09 so I don't see any problem with 2 this time)

Tokyo I would never consider except for someone relating McGuinness talking of the tour ending in Asia (may have been Eire!) It seems a hell of a long way to go to play one venue only - so would expect other Asian gigs if so.

Tel Aviv seems unlikely on commercial grounds but may happen given some key people may be interested in having a show there.

Just looked back and saw that in the second week of February LAST year we got this - With rumors flying about shows in Dublin and Israel, U2 has announced that all U2 360 European shows in 2010 have been announced. U2.com quotes tour promoter Arthur Fogel: "Recent rumours, like Dublin and Tel Aviv, are unfounded."

I guess it is encouraging that THIS year's rumours have not been announced as unfounded. :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom