Missing tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galeongirl

Galeonbroad
As many people here do, I too had extra tickets bought that I sold to people here. Every time it went fine, until this time. For some reason I couldn't get a tracking number anymore at the post office, they don't do that for letters or some bull like that. I had a nagging feeling about it, and guess what? The buyer hasn't received anything. I sent the tickets 2 fridays ago, so that's 7 business days ago now. Estimated shipping time is 3-4 days.

Now my question for everyone here: What are my options? Can I contact Eventim, tell them the tickets were stolen(would they even buy it?) and have them cancel the current ones and give me new GA's? Or am I just completely fucked over by this? :( I can't find anything in Eventim's clauses on tickets lost in the mail. And I'm completely aware that you're not supposed to send them to other people.

I feel sorry for the guy who bought them from me, told him to hang on a few more days but if the tickets aren't there by this friday I will pay him his money back. I just hope I haven't just thrown 200 euros down the drain by not going for super safe shipping shizzle.

So anyone here with experience on this type of situation?

ETA just found this in the FAQ:
Can I cancel or re-book tickets?
Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate this request from customers. At the moment of booking, your tickets are immediately and irrevocably removed from the booking system and can no longer be returned to the system afterwards. This rules out re-selling any such tickets to other customers via our system. For this reason, you are explicitly reminded of the binding nature of your order during the ordering procedure.

Naturally, you are absolutely free to re-sell your tickets to friends and acquaintances, as they are not personalised.
So that's pretty much me being owned.S Should I try contacting anyway or am I screwed completely?

1. I would wait at least one more week: Sometimes things happen and the mail takes more than a week to ship stuff.

2. Eventim can do nothing about it. It's the mail's fault. If you have sent the tickets per registered mail, you can start a research at your local post office and they'll try to track the shipment down. If the tickets were really stolen and they cannot find anything, they'll pay you a certain percentage of the money that was spent on the tickets (about 50 % I think). If you have sent the tickets per regular mail, not registered, there's nothing you can do.

I know that because tickets were stolen from me in the mail :|

I'd hold out hope they will arrive just fine for a little longer. Sometimes things do take a whole lot longer than they should in the mail. I just had a package take over two weeks to get to me when it usually takes no more than one. It showed up just when I was going to contact the sender.

As many people here do, I too had extra tickets bought that I sold to people here. Every time it went fine, until this time. For some reason I couldn't get a tracking number anymore at the post office, they don't do that for letters or some bull like that. I had a nagging feeling about it, and guess what? The buyer hasn't received anything. I sent the tickets 2 fridays ago, so that's 7 business days ago now. Estimated shipping time is 3-4 days.

Now my question for everyone here: What are my options? Can I contact Eventim, tell them the tickets were stolen(would they even buy it?) and have them cancel the current ones and give me new GA's? Or am I just completely fucked over by this? :( I can't find anything in Eventim's clauses on tickets lost in the mail. And I'm completely aware that you're not supposed to send them to other people.

I feel sorry for the guy who bought them from me, told him to hang on a few more days but if the tickets aren't there by this friday I will pay him his money back. I just hope I haven't just thrown 200 euros down the drain by not going for super safe shipping shizzle.

So that's pretty much me being owned.S Should I try contacting anyway or am I screwed completely?

If the tix don't arrive, it cannot hurt to call Eventim, I know Ticketmaster normally doesn't reprint GAs, but I was able to get a supervisor to do it once when my ex-roommate threw out my Incubus tix. The key is to be polite and ask for a supervisor.

No experience here, but you can still ask for a *copy*. That's different than having it back into the system for resale.

1. I would wait at least one more week: Sometimes things happen and the mail takes more than a week to ship stuff.

2. Eventim can do nothing about it. It's the mail's fault. If you have sent the tickets per registered mail, you can start a research at your local post office and they'll try to track the shipment down. If the tickets were really stolen and they cannot find anything, they'll pay you a certain percentage of the money that was spent on the tickets (about 50 % I think). If you have sent the tickets per regular mail, not registered, there's nothing you can do.

I know that because tickets were stolen from me in the mail :|
I used regular mail because they said that was the only available option. Yesterday I checked the mail systems website and you CAN send letters by registered. Like wtf, why did the mail office dude tell me it wasn't possible? :huh:

If the tix don't arrive, it cannot hurt to call Eventim, I know Ticketmaster normally doesn't reprint GAs, but I was able to get a supervisor to do it once when my ex-roommate threw out my Incubus tix. The key is to be polite and ask for a supervisor.
How did you manage to have them agree with you to reprint them? Didn't they just bluntly say no?

No experience here, but you can still ask for a *copy*. That's different than having it back into the system for resale.

Well Eventim states that you can only get in via original tickets, holograms and special paper printed bla bla bla stuff. I guess it can't hurt to try..

Well Eventim states that you can only get in via original tickets, holograms and special paper printed bla bla bla stuff. I guess it can't hurt to try..

What they would do though is just void the code on the original tickets issued so they can't be used, and send you new ones. They're not copies per se, they're a brand new set of tickets. You're not asking for them to be put back into the system, you're just asking them to issue a replacement pair. They can easily do this, if they want to be nice about it.

Good luck!

How did you manage to have them agree with you to reprint them? Didn't they just bluntly say no?

I explained the situation that the tix were accidentally thrown away. The person answering the call was unable to reprint because they were General Admission. I politely asked to speak with a supervisor who was then able to override the system to print new tickets. They were just like the originals, but they were able to deactivate the originals. The catch was they were will call only, but it was close to the show.

I have had success with this with Ticketmaster. Once, tickets that they had sent were lost in the mail, so they reissued new ones. Another time, better seats came up right after I bought mine, and the girl on the phone switched them for me. Can't hurt to give it a try.:up:

I would tell them the tickets were stolen so they would issue new ones.

Thanks for the advice guys. I haven't heard from the guy who was supposed to receive the tickets, so I will send Eventim an email tomorrow. I hope this can be resolved soon as I'm leaving for holidays on wednesday.
Even if they can't get me new tickets, I can at least have the three sent ones cancelled(can they cancel 3 tickets of a batch of 4? Wouldn't want my own ticket to be cancelled!) so nobody can abuse those.

Back
Top Bottom