Locations in the GA ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2zoobaby

Acrobat
Can someone offer up a description of the GA geography??

Ive never done GA so although I have heard all the terminology (ie. inner circle, side rail, outer rail, red zone, ground zero,etc). Itd be nice to get a brief rundown of where these areas are and the pros & cons of them. Btw, Im short 5'3 so keep that in mind. :sexywink:

thanks!!!!!!

Inner Circle - the portion closest to the stage. The two bridges cross over. If you're short, this may not be the best place for you. The stage is very high (about 12 feet), so you don't want to be really close (i.e., right on the rail), as you'll likely have difficulty seeing Larry and you'll miss the Claw and screen.

You might want to consider going to the back rail if you're in the inner circle, as you'll be able to stand an inch or two higher due to the partitions. You'll also be able to see part of the screen.

Outer Rail - It's the rail in the main GA area, right along the catwalk. If you're short, aim for this spot. You'll get a great view of the band and the screen. The sound quality in the middle of the outer rail is excellent. Definitely my favourite spot in GA.

Red Zone - There are two red zones, both on the outside of the stage but on the other side of the catwalk. These tickets were auctioned off and all proceeds go to fund the purchase of AIDS and malaria drugs.

So, you only get wristbands if you are on the inside of the pit, right? So if you want to get outer rail, it's up to the mercy of those nearby that you can leave to go to the bathroom, etc.???

So, you only get wristbands if you are on the inside of the pit, right? So if you want to get outer rail, it's up to the mercy of those nearby that you can leave to go to the bathroom, etc.???

Every stadium has a different policy. I never got a wristband inside the pit.

Once inside the pit, it can be very difficult to get out. As such, just before entering the stadium, go to the bathroom right away. In some places, you could probably grab your spot and have a friend hold that spot for you inside the pit. Then go to the bathroom immediately. Don't expect to go to the bathroom from 6:30 onwards as the pit will be full.

Moderate your drinking throughout the day and during the show. Bring a bottle of water with you, however, into the pit, as it could get hot. Avoid drinking any alcoholic or high-caffeine beverages that may cause you to go to the bathroom or require you to digest more liquids.

Back
Top Bottom