Let's Speculate on Tour Schedules / U2 at Croke Next Year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well thats some pretty cool news. It also says alot too. The band wouldn't announce a tour before revealing info about a new single/album.

I mean how crazy would it be to plan a world tour before an album is finished???

:hmm: Ahhhh yeeeeah...they already did that with POP. Baaad Idea!

For all we know, the album has been finished for some time now.

For all we know, the album has been finished for some time now.

especially if they're just mixing it these next 10 days in London. i'm sure they want to get the tour rolling and aren't going to sit on their thumbs in terms of planning it, designing it, building it, etc...

I still don't see them starting the tour in spring, with an album coming out possibly in March, it seems like too little time between the album release and the tour start.

And I'm all for more intimate settings and arenas, but I'm already getting a nervous breakdown thinking about how to get tickets for those shows.

i'm sure they want to get the tour rolling and aren't going to sit on their thumbs in terms of planning it, designing it, building it, etc...

And I'm sure Willie Williams said a couple of months ago that they already have started planning this tour two years ago, right?

I think you will be quite pleased when you see what we are planning for the next tour. We have been working on the idea for two years already.
- Willie Williams

U2 Achtung | News, Actualit?

And I'm sure Willie Williams said a couple of months ago that they already have started planning this tour two years ago, right?

The director of U2:3D (Owens) was talking about they were already in the planning stages of the tour design. This was around last year during the movies promotion.

I don't know if Kings of Leon would tour the US again. I definitely see them touring the UK w/ U2 selling out stadiums. KOL are huge in Europe and are actually playing arenas next summer. So close U2 fans :drool:

I Need Logical Estimates of Tour Dates !

I realize there is no way of knowing tour dates when we don't have confirmed info. about the album release or tour start date. However, I have to finalize setting some immovable time scheduling for myself in the next couple of weeks. This will lock me into some dates in spring and summer which I cannot get out of. I want to go to Dublin and see U2 in their hometown next year, but I am at a loss when this will be. With my luck, I will schedule my appointments during this time. I am soliciting you knowledgeable U2 fans who can theorize an approximate range of time we could expect U2 to schedule their Dublin concerts.

I realize this is grasping at straws, but I want to make an educated guess and hope for the best. Right now I am thinking of leaving the last half of July and all of August open for a possible trip to Dublin during this time, but I want other opinions on this matter. Thanks in advance and let the wild speculations flow forth..........

INSIDE INFO:-

1st Album - Mid Feb 09
USA indoor tour April/May 09
Europe indoor tour July/August 09

2nd Album - Mid Nov 09
Aus/Japan/South America Outdoor tour Jan/Feb 10
USA Outdoor tour May/June 10
Europe Outdoor tour August/September 10

1st Album - Mid Feb 09

2nd Album - Mid Nov 09

Is this for real?

1st Album - Mid Feb 09

2nd Album - Mid Nov 09

Who's the source ?

Europe indoor? :no:

Please not. I want to be able to get tickets for at least a couple of shows.

And what's that 2 albums theory?

Who says they have to wait to start rehearsing until after the official album drop? They could already be rehearsing for an April arena tour in the states.

OR- even better, I like the idea of a St Patricks Day release and a free stadium show! That would generate some publicity.

Since all signs point to a finished album, it would make a lot of sense that they will be plowing ahead with rehearsals as early as January. By the time the album drops about 2 months later, they'd be ready to do some warm-up gigs with new songs for sure.

Im guessing its a challenge to rehearse while simultaneously doing all the international promotion necessary when the album actually drops. Which is why they used to drop in Nov, rehearse in Jan and Feb and start the tour in March. So I guess we'll have to see if they multi-task with promo and rehearsals this time.

Bono is in Paris today, he has just received a Nobel humanitarian award , and....

made this statement during his speech at Paris City Hall :

he will be back in Paris this summer, with the rest of his band.."being afraid that it might get loud" (speaking to Paris Mayor Bertrand Delanoe)

rumors are for a 3 night run in Stade de France: July 17, 18, 20th, to be confirmed

but the fact that there will be Concert(s) in Paris this summer is almost official, so is the European Summer Tour, as you can guess
Report about the speech

:yippie:

wow.

wonder if the European leg will be the 1st leg or if they'll warm up and do a quick leg in America first. :hmm:

Yes, quick arena leg in US&Canada and then outdoors in Europe. That's make more sense to me. In other words, Vertigo Tour calendar & format, part II :D

Vox

the fact that it's a Bono quote could very well be taken etheir as "almost official" as i said or "with a grain of salt"
remember the man was pretty specific on an album release in 2006 so well...

with the video shooting done for 'Get on Your Boots' and officialy announced, iam optimistic
i don't see the point for the Bman, to bsh*ting us with such a level of anticipation going on

Back
Top Bottom