Let's give the Tour's ginormous tent-thing a name! - The Claw...it's official

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What should the ginormous tent-thing be called?

• Total voters
eth1c7.gif

Can someone vouch for the diary posting's posting on March 4th? I didn't see it. I suspect that it was added today and backdated.

seriously, they didnt release the tour plans until the 8th, someone would have definitely mentioned a diary entry if it had been posted on the 4th.

i call shennanigans

It was posted today...it shows the date as March 10....though the entry covers a wek or so of the diary including March 4th

Ok I just looked again. The dates to each entry are like March 3, March 4, March 5, but I guess at the top in very small print it says Willie's Diary: 'Trapped in Paradise'
10 March 2009'

Still no awards :angry: But, good call regardless. :wink:

It was posted today...it shows the date as March 10....though the entry covers a wek or so of the diary including March 4th

There you go, indesputable proof. No less than 3 of our suggestions finding their way into Willie's diary... all very coincidentally-timed with the momentum of our thread.

Aw, don't worry, ZooMac! The Guantaflope would still be a GREAT name for Sicy's Bonocrab monster! :D

EDIT: Blog is members-only. Could some kind soul post a full transcript? Pwetty pwease? :bow:

I think they probably read my post about vibes... how the crab vibe was a negative one... how a more positive name would enhance ticket sales and the experience. Seriously, when I thought of the Crab, I thought of smelly fish (crab smell), STDs, and scary animals. I think we'll just have to be the silent heroes on this one.

Change - Yes. We. Can

Aw, don't worry, ZooMac! The Guantaflope would still be a GREAT name for Sicy's Bonocrab monster! :D

As I said earlier, I'm just happy that democracy ruled. I really think that, once brought to their attention, the "The Crab" was out... what came in #2, "The Claw". I really think that those that weren't pre-influenced, catalyzed change (I'm referring to those that voted for "The Claw", here). Willie's diary with 3 of our names, the timing of it, and their knowledge that our Poll could effect change convinces me that they saw heard our footsteps, and they moved.

See, "The Claw" was a winner all along...

Let me explain...

When the Poll first started, "The Claw" had a strong showing but "The Crab" was still winning. At the time, to the best of our knowledge "The Crab" was the going name. I think some people were influenced by this knowledge. Still, many brave individuals voted for "The Claw" (coming in at No. 2). Willie et al., I assume, realizing "The Crab" name connoted negativity, saw our suggestions, saw our reasoning, circumvented our process. His post appeared AFTER our thread/Poll and his post included no less than 3 of our names. This means we should pat ourselves on the back.

Now, now that "The Claw" is the going name, it's overtaken "The Crab" to No. 1 position. Thus proving my initial hypothesis that people are influenced by the going name.

So "The Claw" was the winner from the start, "The Crab" was out... now "The Claw" is just benefitting from the influenced vote.

Member Sign In

Hi, the content you are after is exclusive to the U2.Com Subscribers Site.
If you're not a U2.Com Subscriber please check out some of the other content on our free site.
Subscribe here

If you're already a Subscriber, please login below - but remember:
For users that had a login name that contained a space, & $ ! @ # : ; or ?
Please replace with an '_' to login correctly. e.g. 'login name' becomes 'login_name'

* Login Name:

* Password :

Χ

✓Submit

Forgot your Password? Click here.

Member Sign In

Hi, the content you are after is exclusive to the U2.Com Subscribers Site.
If you're not a U2.Com Subscriber please check out some of the other content on our free site.
Subscribe here

If you're already a Subscriber, please login below - but remember:
For users that had a login name that contained a space, & $ ! @ # : ; or ?
Please replace with an '_' to login correctly. e.g. 'login name' becomes 'login_name'

* Login Name:

* Password :

Χ

✓Submit

Forgot your Password? Click here.

Sry :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom