Let's give the Tour's ginormous tent-thing a name! - The Claw...it's official

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What should the ginormous tent-thing be called?

• Total voters
The Thing From Outer Space!

well it's meant to be a spaceship innit? hah

I think only premium members can make polls. Maybe Sicy would set one up for us?

who cares... whatever we decide to call it somebody's just gonna come up with some dumb acronym to abreivate it useleslly :madspit:

I disagree:

The new name is the abbreviation. Instead of calling it the "giant metallic Tent under which U2 performs", we call it the:

Guantaflope
Claw
GaZooboo
Lunar Lander
Zoolander

Guantaflope might itself be abbreviated to Guanta, but I'm cool with that... it's not like we're going to go from the Guantaflope to "G"... that works for song titles. Besides, short song titles, don't get abbreviated anyway... Ultraviolet does not equal "U"

Sicy,

Can you make a poll, please?

I disagree:

The new name is the abbreviation. Instead of calling it the "giant metallic Tent under which U2 performs", we call it the:

Guantaflope
Claw
GaZooboo
Lunar Lander
Zoolander

Guantaflope might itself be abbreviated to Guanta, but I'm cool with that... it's not like we're going to go from the Guantaflope to "G"... that works for song titles. Besides, short song titles, don't get abbreviated anyway... Ultraviolet does not equal "U"

Sicy,

where is CRAB? :waiting:

No.

Ocypode_quadrata_(Martinique).jpg

It's either crab or U2 and I walk away from this whole thing.

I disagree:

Guantaflope
Claw
GaZooboo
Lunar Lander
Zoolander

Sicy,

Why do you leave out Big Jim? :(

Why do you leave out Big Jim? :(

It's cool Bro, just a mild oversight... any legit names shall be accepted for the Poll. I just didn't have time to review the thread names... so, following the proper procedure:

1. I propose "Big Jim" be added to the Poll

2. I'm going to go ahead and assume that Jive Turkey is going to second my motion

3. Motion accepted

The revised list of names to be included in the Poll is:

Guantaflope
Claw
GaZooboo
Lunar Lander
Zoolander
Big Jim

I hope Sicy sees this soon, time is of the essence...

I think this is what he have:
Guantaflope
Claw
GaZooboo
Lunar Lander
Zoolander
Big Jim Burly (Big Jim for short)

Any amendments before it goes to the poll?

I think this is what he have:
Guantaflope
Claw
GaZooboo
Lunar Lander
ZooLander
Big Jim Burly (Big Jim for short)

Any amendments before it goes to the poll?

I reviewed the thread and this was what I came up with:

Guantaflope
Claw
Lunar Module or Lunar Lander
Gazebo or GaZoobo
Zoolander
Spider
Crab
Big Jim

We've got the same bases covered... that's pretty democratic.

Sicy,

Perhaps we could wait until 20.00 Dublin time at which point, you could use the list that Jive Turkey and I constructed in addition to any new names which, at your sole discretion, are worthy of inclusion.

Back
Top Bottom