Las Vegas Presale/General Sale Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea. If you get the presale emails though there will be a link there that should take you to wherever they're supposed to be on sale lol.

Sam_Boyd_Stadium.jpg

I've been there for sporting events and, IMO, it sucked. I'm doing Boston, NY and Vegas instead. I'm not saying I won't cave later but for now, I prefer the other venues. Plus, I'm channeling the crap seats I had for PopMart at the LA Coliseum so filtering LA stadiums through that bad experience.

And, personally, I'm not so inspired by the spectacle of it all. I just want to hear good music (sound quality) and not have to watch the band on a big screen. But I'm old and have been to lots of shows. It's taken me a while to get to this mindset.

Hey, we're going to the same exact shows. Very cool! See ya there!

Questions:

(1) Ticketmaster indicates that you can buy a U2.com membership and buy presale tickets in the same transaction, but only on the day after the Boots presale. However, U2.com doesn't seem to indicate any difference between Boots members. Thoughts?

(2) Is there any chance I can score GAs in the presale under a new membership? Perhaps most people have used their codes?

Thanks!

1) I believe if you were previously a U2.com member and re-sign up now, you will be a Boots code. I did this with my wife's account due to getting shut out of Chicago 1's general sale. But, if you were not, you will probably be last in the presale.

2) Scoring GAs? Probably can happen all through the presales, but who knows. I'd have a back-up plan. If no GAs come up for you in the presale, get some decent seats and either use them or try and trade them for GAs.

Mark

Would getting tickets in the presale prevent you from getting tickets in the general sale? For instance, if there is a 4-ticket first hour limit (like there was for the Rose Bowl), wouldn't it be "surpassing ticket limits" to purchase 4 tickets in the general on-sale if you had 4 presale tickets already ordered?

EDIT: I just looked at the Rose Bowl purchase page again, and the first day limit was 8 tickets.

hey peeps:wave:

i just spoke with a UNLV ticket rep on the phone who was very nice and told me that at this time they still are not sure if they are going to handle the presale for the fan club members. he said that they have done this in the past and are capable, but it is up to the promoters of the tour as to if they go thru UNLV or TM.

he confirmed that the general onsale will be handled ONLY thru UNLV, not TM!

he said he thinks they will handle the presale but they haven't confirmed it at this time.

i just went to TM, and the new presale dates are up, but vegas is not on there. :scratch: soooooo....i'm guessing because of that it will probably be UNLV. :shrug:

just an fyi....:wink:

i just went to TM, and the new presale dates are up, but vegas is not on there. :scratch: soooooo....i'm guessing because of that it will probably be UNLV. :shrug:

just an fyi....:wink:

Yeah neither is Dallas or Phoenix.. but I know I saw all the dates listed there somewhere, I think under one of the Red Zone auction info tabs. It might just not be up yet.

So I'm thinking about bagging out on Vegas. When I told Mr.Z that Muse was opening in Dallas he got all excited and said he'd rather do that. And if I can get out of standing through BEP's for one of these shows I'm all for it.

thats so cool!! i wouldve seen muse as far as OK but id have to fly to TX and i would not be able to pull it off $$$ i hope you love it! maybe the west will have better opening band luck in 2010

1) I believe if you were previously a U2.com member and re-sign up now, you will be a Boots code. I did this with my wife's account due to getting shut out of Chicago 1's general sale. But, if you were not, you will probably be last in the presale.

Boots IS last in the presale. You're sure your wife's account got boots? You can boots even if you sign up today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom