Larry's LG Monitor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It could be a map to the song, so Larry doesn't get lost, similar to how Bono has a teleprompter so if he forgets a lyric, he can get back on track.

If Bono messes up a lyric or puts a wrong verse in, it's easily fixable. If Larry misses a cue or goes to the wrong section of the song, it can mess the whole band up.

Bono has had the teleprompter for years. Still he's very .... flexible and dynamic with the lyrics :D I guess it's there mainly to give him some confidence and security. What Larry's monitor is for, I don't know. Maybe he can watch sports or something when Bono is doing a longer speech.

Yes.

I think it's for when he is rotated towards the back.

I have seen no evidence of Bono using a teleprompter on this tour.

Have been watching the YouTube videos.

Still not seen this teleprompter. Only things in front of stage are audio monitors.

Have been watching the YouTube videos.

Still not seen this teleprompter. Only things in front of stage are audio monitors.

I'm pretty sure all those monitors are fake; they've been obsoleted by IEMs since ZooTV. At any rate, at least since Vertigo, they've stuck a teleprompter in one of Bono's "monitor" cases. You can see it clearly on the Vertigo Honolulu footage; if you have the high-definition three-cam mix, you can generally even read what the teleprompter says. I'll see if I can grab a screenshot.

Here's a shot of Vertigo Honolulu with the teleprompter clearly visible (where my arrow is). I can't easily read it, but I know there are some places in the Honolulu footage where I can (I just can't remember where they are!).

92259943.png

Thanks for highlighting that.

PS How do you grab a screenshot ??

If you have a PC, press the PrtSc button at the top-right area of your keyboard, load paint, and just paste it in. If you have a Mac, there's a keyboard shortcut but I forget it, unless you're using Windows on that Mac, in which case you'll need to use the on-screen keyboard, or Linux on that Mac, in which case you'll need to use the Screenshot app.

IEMs do not replace floor monitors completely. Those are kept for lower frequencies. Bono also sometimes pulls his ear monitors out and goes commando.

Back
Top Bottom