''Kiss the Future'' Tour (now named U2 360° Tour)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My speculation with some fairly strong knowledge:

September 15ish (and before) - Chicago
September 17ish - Toronto
September 18/19/20/21ish - Boston
September 22 - Montreal
They may then come back to NY for a string of dates
October 3ish - Charlotte
October 6ish - Atlanta
A nice string in Florida
October 9ish - Tampa
Miami maybe after or before Tampa
October 17 - Houston
October 19 - Oklahoma City (????)
October 22 - Phoenix
October 24 - Vegas
October 27 - Vancouver or Seattle
Probably a string of LA dates thrown in around October 20th and October 31.

It would be unfortunate (almost unbelievable) if there were no Bay Area dates.

Are you a badger?

I am a Badger! I think you're the first one to recognize my avatar. I was actually born in Chicago and grew up in OC, but I went to med school at UW. I'm back home in OC now, cheering on Bucky Badger from afar . . . .

But I digress. I'm debating whether to fly to see U2 at Soldier Field (I'm a firm believer that Chicago is The Greatest City in America when the weather is nice), but I think I'll try for Vegas and LA instead (according to your info, it looks like Vegas would be on a Saturday night).

Something occured to me after reading this story:

Exclusive: Wayne Coyne Tears Apart Arcade Fire! : Rolling Stone

Maybe if U2 plays OKC, it would be due to a friendship with the Lips? Wayne did call Edge "the fucking sweetest guy ever."

On, Wisconsin!

I'd pitch an even fatter fit if they skip the Bay Area, don't even joke about that

Now that I look at zonelistener's dates a little closer, there are a number of big cities missing:

Philadelphia
Washington, DC
Denver
San Francisco
San Diego
Dallas
St. Louis
Detroit

The sad reality is that a short, 6 week-long tour almost guarantees that U2 will be skipping some major cities on this leg of the tour, although hopefully not all of these cities.

(I'm a firm believer that Chicago is The Greatest City in America when the weather is nice)

On, Wisconsin!

I agree with you on the first point. It truly is a GREAT city.

I love that Wisconsin emblem. And I will be in Madison tomorrow night.

As for the bay area...the info I have has A LOT of open dates while they are on the west coast. And all the stuff I have is from a tentative schedule from about 10 days ago.

I'd pitch an even fatter fit if they skip the Bay Area, don't even joke about that

You live in the Bay Area right? San Fran?

My best estimate...Oakland Coliseum around early November...:up:

See you there Sicy...:yes:

:hyper: I will be so happy if its at the coliseum and not the stadium.. seriously I saw them at Oakland stadium in 1987 and that place is HUGE. :crack:

You live in the Bay Area right? San Fran?

:hyper: I will be so happy if its at the coliseum and not the stadium.. seriously I saw them at Oakland stadium in 1987 and that place is HUGE. :crack:

I'm confused.

I think "Oakland Coliseum" refers to the stadium, and the arena is now called "The Oracle Arena." I don't think there's any chance they're playing the arena :(

Oh. :( I thought there was the coliseum, and then the stadium right next to it. However, its probably been years since I've been in that area since I'm about 25-30 miles away from it.

If it’s a true “lottery”, why should it matter when you show up? With Vertigo tour they seemed to fill the ellipse, then close it off early on even though people with GA’s were still coming in.

In Vegas I skipped the opening act, walked in about 8:45 PM without a line, and got scanned into the ellipse.:D

So it was possible to come in late and still get inside the ellipse? Hopefully this is how the new tour will work. If you have a "winning lotto ticket", why would it matter when you lined up?

It's not just a matter of getting into the heart/ellipse. It's also a matter of time and price.

Why pay a scalper $250 for a GA, wait outside all day and wind up either far back or be pushed and shoved (because you didn't get into the ellipse) when I can pay $250 for a "luxury" seat, be just as close to the band, not have to wait outside all day and always have your seat reserved? You leave your GA spot for drinks or bathroom and good luck getting it back. Leave your seat - it's there waiting for you.

Now, if waiting outside all day meant getting into the heart, as it did on the Elevation tour, then yeah, I'm willing to do that. Inside the heart, I wasn't pushed or shoved, I had a great time and I was even able to leave to use the bathroom or get a drink. I was even there at the famous Elevation show where one of our members lifted up Bono on stage. But my Vertigo experiences made GA not worthwhile at all. The concert was good, but I could enjoy the concert just as much for a cheaper seat.

In a perfect world this sounds so nice. Just bite the bullet, pay $250 and get great seats. But, really, unless they split the field half you aren't going to be that close in the stands. And I have a pretty awful feeling that almost the entire lower bowl will be $250 and in a stadium, there are going to be plenty of top-priced tickets that aren't worth it. And the ones that are? Awarded to scalpers who will then go minimum $500 a pop. Ugh. Ugh. At least I got in the ellipse a couple times last time around.

So it was possible to come in late and still get inside the ellipse? Hopefully this is how the new tour will work. If you have a "winning lotto ticket", why would it matter when you lined up?

I believe it was random up until it was full. So if 90 percent of the crowd got there early and you came late you didn't have a chance. It wasn't based upon your ticket, it was just based on when you got buzzed in.

Very excited!!!!

But it seems they won't play that many different places.... if they play big cities 2 or 3 times, it leaves just a few dates for other medium cities / countries.... I need to save some money to fly around europe this summer :hyper:

It's been the general consensus (including me) that the floor tickets (most likely GA) would be $55, and the $30 tickets would be the nosebleeds. This may be true, but after re-reading the Billboard article this morning, I noticed it says this:

"The top ticket price will be slightly higher than last time and the bottom price will be lower, with the floor seats -- the closest to the stage -- the lowest priced."

That sentence implies that the $30 tickets will be the closest to the stage. Although it also says field level will be $55 - kind of a contradiction.:hmm:

"The top ticket price will be slightly higher than last time and the bottom price will be lower, with the floor seats -- the closest to the stage -- the lowest priced."

Thats a.. mouthful of words.. Maybe the $30 tickets will be available in the u2.com presale. Oh look, they lowered the price of tickets! -- Oh look, they raised the membership to the fan club :huh:

Yeah I am aware, sorry about that. I've sent an email to the site owner to fix the problem.

they've already release a picture of what the stage will look like

kiss_live.jpg

imagine if that's right, that would make my day :drool:

just so you know, the most expensive tickets for the show in Chile in 2006, were around $300 ... I just checked. Those were like the first to go

$250 is a joke... and $55 (possibly $30) for GA?... HOLY SHIT!!! :applaud: :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom