Is this tour the begining of the end?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brilliant post this. Sums it up perfectly. I agree with all you're saying 'ZOOTVTOURist' and you've put it very eloquently with great thought and consideration to all your words.

You're entitled to your thoughts and will always be flamed by those who worship the 'church of U2.'

Keep posting:applaud:

so if i like the 360 Tour, that means that U2 is my religion? i really want to like the show, but i'm not sure i'm ready for that kind of commitment. could you please clarify because whether or not i go to the Chicago is pretty much hinging on what you meant here.

thank you.

It only took 40 mins to get 2 'bites'...nothing better than a spot of fishing on a bank holiday:D:D:D

Guys, between you, you have an average of 5.5 posts on this forum per day since you've joined. Now, if you spent that much time engaged in some kind of 'religious' activity you would then be deemed to be almost fanatical about that 'religion.' By engaging in your obvious and documented activity on these forums, you are characterising some of the fundamental behavioural traits of religion...rituals, belief systems and behaviours to name but three. QED...you are subscribing to a 'faith' and a 'belief system' that you feel compelled to defend if someone even dares to question what you believe.

I'll see you at future U2 shows. I'll be dressed as the Roman Governor of Judaea.

you are subscribing to a 'faith' and a 'belief system' that you feel compelled to defend if someone even dares to question what you believe.
I also feel compelled to defend Belgian beer, Irish whiskey, cricket and a couple hundred other things when I read a lot of nonsense posted about them

Brilliant post this. Sums it up perfectly. I agree with all you're saying 'ZOOTVTOURist' and you've put it very eloquently with great thought and consideration to all your words.

You're entitled to your thoughts and will always be flamed by those who worship the 'church of U2.'

Keep posting:applaud:

Thanx for your thoughts, mate, too!:wave:

It only took 40 mins to get 2 'bites'...nothing better than a spot of fishing on a bank holiday:D:D:D

Guys, between you, you have an average of 5.5 posts on this forum per day since you've joined. Now, if you spent that much time engaged in some kind of 'religious' activity you would then be deemed to be almost fanatical about that 'religion.' By engaging in your obvious and documented activity on these forums, you are characterising some of the fundamental behavioural traits of religion...rituals, belief systems and behaviours to name but three. QED...you are subscribing to a 'faith' and a 'belief system' that you feel compelled to defend if someone even dares to question what you believe.

I'll see you at future U2 shows. I'll be dressed as the Roman Governor of Judaea.

5.5 posts per day? If that's fanatical, then Axver must be Osama bin Laden.

Nice try, but epic fail, being that a majority of my posts are not even band related, but I bet you didn't take that into consideration... You just look at someone's post count and then assume from there, very faulty logic, but then again that's very well documented as well if anyone just takes a look at some of your posts.

I guess it helps to divert attention? Fish away...

5.5 posts per day? If that's fanatical, then Axver must be Osama bin Laden.

And yet the funny thing is, my overall opinion on the tour is not quite glowing ... I wonder when I'll be cast out of the Church Of U2 for my heresy?

I haven't seen a show yet. I'm a bit disappointed w/ the setlist, but this is nothing new. They say similar things every tour.."we're gonna play old songs, blah, blah", "edge is on fire". I truly think people are WAY overhyping this album, it is mediocre at best, but live is where they live & I like the new songs live so far. They always do the greatest hits thing. I think they feel compelled to do this as it is a U2 show, not a NLOTH show. Not everyone in arenas and especially stadiums are hardcore like us. They want to please the casual audience, the bloke with only one cd or who like a few songs or the reporter covering the show. This is the problem with big venues!!

From the clips, I have seen some brave things like highlighting the plight of the Iranians (but then again this is classic U2) and the dance remix of crazy--that's kind of brave (or stupid) depending on your view. Sure the visuals are lacking a bit but this is a whole new concept, although not entirely 360. And if anyone could do this well and go out on a limb it's our boys! Some said it is more like 270 degree or something. I'd be pissed had I bought "behind" the stage tix. I'm sure I'll have a great time a the 3 shows on U2 soil. And of course, I'm hoping they go off setlist autopilot for a bit, but it's unlikely. They have worked out their transitions & segues and the set list will be very similar to Europe. This I am sure of! I pray they will play Drowning Man. Outside is America! :love:

I'm curious to know what yall think about hese thoughts...

I'd be pissed had I bought "behind" the stage tix. I'm sure I'll have a great time a the 3 shows on U2 soil.

From 8 shows, I did half GA and half seated. In Cardiff I was behind the stage and it was WELL WORTH the money - better views and sound than the other three shows. If you can handle not having the guys face you for 4/5 of the show, then there is great experience to be had there.

They always do the greatest hits thing. I think they feel compelled to do this as it is a U2 show, not a NLOTH show.

What do you mean it's not a NLOTH show? There's really only one song they aren't playing that would work in a stadium, which I'm not too torn up about, which is SUC. The only other song they MAY have worked is Being Born, but really only as an intro...

I think this is as much a NLOTH show as previous tours were for those albums...

And yet the funny thing is, my overall opinion on the tour is not quite glowing ... I wonder when I'll be cast out of the Church Of U2 for my heresy?

Well, mainstream Islam generally casts Osama out because he is batshit insane and rarely uses doctrine that follows that Qur'an.

There are more parallels, too... Osama wants to re-establish the Umayyad Caliphate, which we could call "80s U2". 90s U2 is the Abbasid Caliphate, and 2000s U2 is the Ottoman Empire.

I haven't seen a show yet. I'm a bit disappointed w/ the setlist, but this is nothing new. They say similar things every tour.."we're gonna play old songs, blah, blah", "edge is on fire". I truly think people are WAY overhyping this album, it is mediocre at best, but live is where they live & I like the new songs live so far. They always do the greatest hits thing. I think they feel compelled to do this as it is a U2 show, not a NLOTH show. Not everyone in arenas and especially stadiums are hardcore like us. They want to please the casual audience, the bloke with only one cd or who like a few songs or the reporter covering the show. This is the problem with big venues!!

From the clips, I have seen some brave things like highlighting the plight of the Iranians (but then again this is classic U2) and the dance remix of crazy--that's kind of brave (or stupid) depending on your view. Sure the visuals are lacking a bit but this is a whole new concept, although not entirely 360. And if anyone could do this well and go out on a limb it's our boys! Some said it is more like 270 degree or something. I'd be pissed had I bought "behind" the stage tix. I'm sure I'll have a great time a the 3 shows on U2 soil. And of course, I'm hoping they go off setlist autopilot for a bit, but it's unlikely. They have worked out their transitions & segues and the set list will be very similar to Europe. This I am sure of! I pray they will play Drowning Man. Outside is America! :love:

I'm curious to know what yall think about hese thoughts...

another classic example of someone criticising it without having seen it....

there are some venues where they can't play 360 degrees- Croke Park simply wouldn't allow it.

I mate of mine saw the show in Cardiff and compared the visuals to Pink Floyd (and they never under did anything in that department)

Setlist- "amazingly" they play a show that they think will appeal to the widest possible audience- so yeah I'd love to hear Love is Blindness but am pretty sure that 90% of the audience would prefer to hear Pride, Streets, Elevation etc-

and if hearing 80,000 people sing ISHFWILF word for word doesn't move you then you don't have a soul

as for Drowning Man- I heard it when they sound checked in Dublin and firmly believe that it would kill the momentum of the show- an obscure ballad from back in the dark ages isn't going to work in a stadium

have been lucky enough to see the show 7 times and always felt the band gave it their all each night and didn't come away disappointed from any show- and Crazy Tonight remix is just brilliant- one my highlights of the show.

another classic example of someone criticising it without having seen it....

there are some venues where they can't play 360 degrees- Croke Park simply wouldn't allow it.

I mate of mine saw the show in Cardiff and compared the visuals to Pink Floyd (and they never under did anything in that department)

Setlist- "amazingly" they play a show that they think will appeal to the widest possible audience- so yeah I'd love to hear Love is Blindness but am pretty sure that 90% of the audience would prefer to hear Pride, Streets, Elevation etc-

and if hearing 80,000 people sing ISHFWILF word for word doesn't move you then you don't have a soul

as for Drowning Man- I heard it when they sound checked in Dublin and firmly believe that it would kill the momentum of the show- an obscure ballad from back in the dark ages isn't going to work in a stadium

have been lucky enough to see the show 7 times and always felt the band gave it their all each night and didn't come away disappointed from any show- and Crazy Tonight remix is just brilliant- one my highlights of the show.

hah! I just said flatout that I hadn't seen the show as a disclaimer to my post. One doesnt need to attend a single show to read a setlist, but as I mentioned I'm sure I'll have a blast.

DM could fit quite nicely somewhere in the encore--think creatively!
You think it won't fit? How about an even more obscure song called "You Blue Room".
Watch them pull it off, even if they aren't the ones performing it. The boys can pull off DM....

Hearing 80,000 people sing ISHFWILF is on my to-do list when the tour starts where it matters ;) cheers mate

hah! I just said flatout that I hadn't seen the show as a disclaimer to my post. One doesnt need to attend a single show to read a setlist, but as I mentioned I'm sure I'll have a blast.DM could fit quite nicely somewhere in the encore--think creatively!You think it won't fit? How about an even more obscure song called "You Blue Room". Watch them pull it off, even if they aren't the ones performing it. The boys can pull off DM....Hearing 80,000 people sing ISHFWILF is on my to-do list when the tour starts where it matters ;) cheers mate

sorry- didn't mean to offend. On paper the setlist doesn't necessarily look great- it is different in person.

mmmm well I don't see DM or YBR working in a stadium setting, maybe in an arena which is a bit more intimate, Even Ultraviolet was a bit hit and miss with the crowd and would say that's more well known. However I'm happy to be corrected if they play DM in the US and it blows the top off the Claw

– if it is SBS (will be interesting, if U2 at least have the courage to show the 'Radio Teheran' performance in the USA – I doubt it!)

Why wouldn't they show it? We're all about freedom from oppression. It was terrible what happened to those people during the elections and the injustices they continue to suffer at the hands of leaders like Ahmadinejad and his government.

Why wouldn't they show it? We're all about freedom from oppression. It was terrible what happened to those people during the elections and the injustices they continue to suffer at the hands of leaders like Ahmadinejad and his government.

Absolutely right – and we will see ...:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom