Is 5 shows in 1 week too much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beershack

War Child
While booking my flight from the US-Dublin for the Croke Park shows, I inquired to the airline to see how much more it would be to do US-Amsterdam-Dublin-US.

Surprisingly, it was just about the same price.

Would it be overkill to catch 5 shows in a week. Im definitely hitting the 3 Croke Park gigs regardless, just wanted to get opinions on whether people would try to hit all 5 shows.

I was about to say yes, but I remember seeing Depeche Mode 3 times in one week.

So......knock yourself out.

Ha, you obviously don't know the lengths that people on this site will go to! I saw them 6 times in 10 days last tour, all 4 Toronto shows, and then right on to Chicago for the next two.

Your answer? Do it! You won't regret it, I had a blast!

I caught five shows in a row (over eight days) at one point during Vertigo, I would have to say it was just enough...not for the whole tour but for the month. :wink:

i've been to a lot of shows, but the most i've ever seen in a row is 3. that being said, i say go for it! you may not want to do GA for every show though-- it can get exhausting.

Edit: No wait, on Elevation I saw 5 shows in one week. It was exhausting but so rad!! All GA. But then again, I was 8 years younger back then... :wink:

Next time an application comes up to be part of the U2 road crew a lot of people here would be highly qualified for the job :)

I'm leaning towards doing it, I just hope they mix up the set list more than 2 or 3 songs a nite.

I've made a fairly big run before (6 times in 2 weeks during Zoo TV from Lakeland Florida up to Boston on St. Patrick's Day 1992)

I should be getting close to my 50th show by the time the US stadium shows roll around

Beershack, I'll be at the same 5 shows as you!

United we stand or together we fall!!! :doh:

I saw 8 out of 9 NYC shows last tour... and I had a ticket to the one I missed, but I was so tired, I gave up one of the shows to another fan....

Oct 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 14

I gave up the 8 because 3 shows in a row was TOO MUCH and I felt it take away from my experience.

But 5 shows in 9 days was AWESOME. Of course I live in NYC so walking to and from MSG was a breeze...

If I had to wait in traffic in a huge stadium 5 times in a row, I'd go crazy...

If its not an easy trip, I think any more than 2 shows in a few days would drive you mad... the show would be fine, but it is tiring.

5 shows in a week? Go for it!
U2 might not tour again for a long time.

I did it when I was younger. Wouldn't do it again, because I think it's too exhausting. At some point I felt that almost all of my energy had gone and I couldn't enjoy the last shows as much as I did enjoy the first ones. I think, two or three shows a week are fine for me, and maybe a mixture of GA and seats.

I'm doing Amsterdam and Dublin. Can't fucking wait. I shall be rather dead by the end of the week, but it'll be worth it.

go for it

when we saw them each night in Toronto for Vertigo;
we would sleep late, get a massage, dance our brains out, then come back to the hotel and put ice packs on our backs and knees!
next day - repeat!!

remember in the words of a great band:
..."too much is not enough..."

While booking my flight from the US-Dublin for the Croke Park shows, I inquired to the airline to see how much more it would be to do US-Amsterdam-Dublin-US.

Surprisingly, it was just about the same price.

Would it be overkill to catch 5 shows in a week. Im definitely hitting the 3 Croke Park gigs regardless, just wanted to get opinions on whether people would try to hit all 5 shows.

It would definately be too much.

:wink: I'm doing both A'dam and Dublin shows already, hoping to get tickets for show no. 5 tomorrow.

I'm doing Amsterdam and Dublin. Can't fucking wait. I shall be rather dead by the end of the week, but it'll be worth it.

At least we'll be dead together! :hi5:

i've been to a lot of shows, but the most i've ever seen in a row is 3. that being said, i say go for it! you may not want to do GA for every show though-- it can get exhausting.

Edit: No wait, on Elevation I saw 5 shows in one week. It was exhausting but so rad!! All GA. But then again, I was 8 years younger back then... :wink:

Ally, I could've sworn you did all five of the October MSG Vertigo shows like I did. :) I would agree though to either have seats for a couple of shows or if the OP does have all standing to be OK with getting there late and hanging back because "competitive queueing" (I just made that phrase up :D ) can be really tiring, plus you will be in these new cities and you should see some of them rather than be in a queue all day. :)

Ally, I could've sworn you did all five of the October MSG Vertigo shows like I did. :) I would agree though to either have seats for a couple of shows or if the OP does have all standing to be OK with getting there late and hanging back because "competitive queueing" (I just made that phrase up :D ) can be really tiring, plus you will be in these new cities and you should see some of them rather than be in a queue all day. :)

Im in Red Zone for Dublin 1/2 (probably do it for 3 as well). Not interested in queuing all day while on vacation. Rather pub crawl all day and saunter to my spot nearer to showtime.

:wave: i did 10/7, 10/8, and 10/14. (missed 10/10 and 10/11 b/c i was on a work trip.)

If you have the means to do so, go for it. People like me with a family and constrained finances can only afford to see one show this tour, so if I was you, I wouldn't waste time canvassing opinions on this thread and just make it happen. I envy you!:up:

Do it, it's a great chance to really throw yourself in to the tour. You will be exhausted by the end of it but it's well worth it. Wouldn't go much past 5 or 6 though, did that last time in Europe and was totally burnt out in Cardiff (last of 8) and the last of 6 nights in the US. Wouldn't trade the experiences for anything though but quite happy this time that all the 7 I'm planning to go to are well spread out :D

Back
Top Bottom