Interpol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh Uprising is fun live too. :D And there's a hillarious video of the band playing it on Italian tv, but they switched around and are playing along to the recording! The drummer is the bassist, the bassplayer the guitarist and the singer the drummer. And they fell for it in the studio!

Saw them live tonight. They sounded incredibly strong. People are insane.
Troof.

I'll make sure to make up for the unenthused crowd in Minneapolis.

I'll be the crazy person up in the stands jumping around and yelling like it was the first time I was hearing Zooropa in concert. :wink:
Like so?

‪Cool guy during Interpol / U2 360° Brussels‬‏ - YouTube

I definitely agree with this.
:|

Well then, my opinion is that NSW just ruined this thread with his presence. :tsk:
QFT. :|

Geez. They weren't THAT bad...

Seriously.

Interpol = suck? No. Interpol = not everyone's cuppa tea? Fair enough.

C'mon. You want bad? I sat through Black Eyed Peas twice. TWICE. :depressed:

//end thread.

Okay...I love that guy. :lol: :love:

I would have loved to see Interpol. They were scheduled as the opening act for the show that would have happened last year, but the rescheduling gave us Florence + The Machine instead. I enjoyed them, but I was bummed to miss Interpol.

It's like what happened with me and Jay Z, once you work out when the song starts and ends, it becomes a little easier to listen to! But they're ok, they definately enjoy playing their music and that's the main thing!

And really, I'd rather take anyone or any band boring or not on stage over just standing their listening to music over the PA instead, it gives you something to focus on..:up:

The one that starts off with a solo bassline is fairly good

They are WAY better live than in studio, just one of those bands that lives live.

Totally. Muse don't sound great on their CDs for some reason, crappy producers, I guess. Live Muse is far better

My tinny videos don't do them justice, but....

Opening for U2 in Sao Paulo last April (with riffs from AC/DC and "The Fly" at the end):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLnNj5gacE8

I have all Interpol albums, but when I saw them in Rome opening for U2 I was disappointed how boring they were, though I somehow expected it. I guess playing in a stadium environment isn't for everyone. They may be a good band if you see them in a club or small arena. I cannot tell because I haven't been able to check them out. I wasn't exactly overwhelmed with most opening acts I saw for the 360 tour. The only ones I really liked were Snow Patrol, I still love them a lot, and I was also surprised to find out One Republic put on quite a good show that had the audience going. Not a fan of their music, but at least they brought some energy.

Looking back on Interpol's set Thursday they definitely were not mixed that well. I still enjoyed many of their performances, I really loved Obstacle 1, Slow Hands, and Evil, but I think if they had been mixed a little better that I'd have enjoyed Interpol's set a lot more.

They're critically acclaimed and hip, so it must be our poor taste?

I find them bland and generic. Nothing special about them at all. I played with my phone last night when they were on.

Something we can agree on!! :hug: :D

I found them pretty boring in Philly. And every song DID sound the same....

Interpol were not good at all.

I saw them in Montreal and Philly.

My aunt has seen U2 shows since 1980 and said they were one of the worst openers she's seen. No one in the crowd seemed to really care about them.(Montreal)

My girlfriend ignored everything I said about them in Montreal and tried to like them, genuinely, and couldn't. No one in the crowd seemed in a hurry to even get to their seats. Boring and monotonous and painful and terribly mixed. It's clear from their performance and crowd interactions that they know U2 crowds don't care for them on the whole. My assessment: hipster tools who can stay in that scene.(Philadelphia)

When will we just realize that most openers will suck

Keane 2005=Excellent.

Snow Patrol 2009=Excellent.

Jay-Z would've been awesome, as would Muse or Florence and The Machine.

Lenny Kravitz and The Fray, I've seen and enjoyed both.

One Republic I could see being alright.

Go through U2 history- Steven Van Zandt, Lone Justice, The Pogues, Rage Against The Machine, The Coors, etc, etc.

Interpol just is not good. Sorry

I absolutely do NOT believe that you actually sat during BEP.

Not. Physically. Possible.

No, I didn't literally sit, I stood. I even bopped my head a bit the first night. The second night I prayed for it to be over.

Keane 2005=Excellent.

Snow Patrol 2009=Excellent.

Lenny Kravitz and The Fray, I've seen and enjoyed both.

Rage Against The Machine, The Coors, etc, etc.

Interpol just is not good. Sorry

'nuff said

No, JT, they're clearly hipster tools, and so are you and I for even attempting to defend them.

Banks does have a poor choice of style, though.

Banks does have a poor choice of style, though.

win-butler-arcade-fire-450x298.jpg

Back
Top Bottom