Inner Circle policy from Baja @ U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootopia

At this time, the official word on how the floor procedure will work HAS NOT BEEN MADE. The concert promoter and Management have to speak to the local venue, and follow security protocols and ALL local/state ordinances, before determining the procedure. Then it has to be approved by the Fire Marshall of the locality, so don't expect an announcement until we are much closer to the show dates, as it could vary by location. Please check back before your show.

As soon as I am told the procedure, I shall post the information.

In other news:

Signatures network has added [at the request of U2.com] more resources [techs] in order to handle subscribers with problems. I have been requested to direct you to the CONTACT US form on the HELP PAGE (<= link) and to use the form to report access, login, presale code, webmail, not receiving emails and any other technical or customer service difficulty you might be experiencing.

Baja

03/31/2009 12:31:40

<apologies if this info is a dupe, I hadn't seen it yet. link can be found here:http://community.u2.com/topic/5178

Last edited:
yeah, i doubt we'll really know much until the first show takes place.

either way, i plan on showing up around 7pm for GA. not really concerned with how close i am. i've seen the band close up enough times. if i get beeped in the inner circle, cool. if not, i'll hang towards the back and take it all in.

Wow---I admire you're Zen like attitude!!

lol, i could say i've been in arms length of the band more times than i could ever imagine, so if i don't get close up this time, i would only hope that someone seeing them for the first time gets the opportunity.

glad to see your not a STALKER like alot of people here are.

on a side note this is how the Springsteen ga is run. The fire marshall pretty much decides how many people get into the "pit" area in front of the stage. I've seen 300-500 depending on the venue. everyone else is on the floor from the rail back.

The fact that things might vary from venue to venue could be a disaster depending on the quality of communication. They really need to just pick one and go with it.

Ahhh gotcha....I'm sure that there will be one standard policy or maybe one for Europe and one for NA. I would suspect the issues are stuff that we as fans wouldn't even notice...Like number of people allowed in the ellipse of a specific venue if a Fire Marshall is involved.

i think it would add to the excitement if the Fire Marshall makes his decision in front of all the fans camping out with his fire hat on.

lol, i could say i've been in arms length of the band more times than i could ever imagine, so if i don't get close up this time, i would only hope that someone seeing them for the first time gets the opportunity.

:applaud:

glad to see your not a STALKER like alot of people here are.

on a side note this is how the Springsteen ga is run. The fire marshall pretty much decides how many people get into the "pit" area in front of the stage. I've seen 300-500 depending on the venue. everyone else is on the floor from the rail back.

They're underselling the GAs now and then after they get a sense of how crowded it really is after a few shows (and the fire marshall's input) then I'm sure LOTS of GA's will be released to ticketmaster as the show nears, if not, then certainly day of the show. That's why I'm not stressing about GA's now and won't waste my shot trying to get them w/ ticketmaster now -- just pick best available now and it'll all sort itself out. Don't understand why people get so stressed now w/ so many months until showtime.

tell me something for toronto GA on the 17 i got GA13 what does that mean i suspect it means entry from gate 13 which is the back left side of Rogers centre. can i run around then and move to the front? what gives someone help

Havent seen that yet, thanks. But not much info, as usual. HAHA.

:lol:

Thanks for the info.

The fact that things might vary from venue to venue could be a disaster depending on the quality of communication. They really need to just pick one and go with it.

Yeah it would be alot better to have one policy and stick with it.

By the first couple of shows hopefully everything will be sorted out and we'll know how the system works

Siren First

I want the Fire Marshall to sound his siren. :applaud:

Maybe it'll scare everyone but *us* out of the GA line. :hyper:

Ughhhh... I've had too much coffee.

i think it would add to the excitement if the Fire Marshall makes his decision in front of all the fans camping out with his fire hat on.

What I'm hoping to learn before the show is whether the "center circle" is going to be first come, first served or whether it will be a lottery like Vertigo...and what time they will allow fans to begin lining up for the show. Also would like to know if the field is sectioned off in any way...in some of the diagrams it appears there is a rail of storts about 1/3 of the way back on the field. Is that a break in the crowd, or is that jsut part of the stage diagram?

**So many questions!** :lol: :doh: :D

BTW, I saw Dave Matthews Band at their concert in Central Park about 5 years ago and thought the plan was brilliant. From what I remember, they opened the gates at 3pm and had one entrance along 5th Ave. We all walked/ran to the Great Lawn where the concert was being held and there were "corrals" set up. Once you were in your corral, you were set. There were Porto Potties, etc, and that way we were not
smashed from behind by 100,000 people who showed up at 7pm. That was a GREAT show and very well handled.

Having worked at several sports arenas in my career...EVERY ONE OF THEM will have a different policy for how GA works, how early the doors will open, how many places you can enter from, etc. It's a combo of the legal issues for the arena/stadium/city/state and the policies already in place for the stadium/arena. There is generally a team of full time Operations staff that work M-F 9-5 for the venue to plan these things, and then a slew of event folks who carry the plans out. They will vary state to state, country to country. EVERY area/stadium will be different.

I want the Fire Marshall to sound his siren. :applaud:

Maybe it'll scare everyone but *us* out of the GA line. :hyper:

Ughhhh... I've had too much coffee.

maybe it's firemarshalll bill :hmm:

fire-marshall-bill.jpg

:lol:

Maybe Allison, the lady with the bullhorn on the last tour is being replaced with Fire Marshall Bill.

yeah, i doubt we'll really know much until the first show takes place.

either way, i plan on showing up around 7pm for GA. not really concerned with how close i am. i've seen the band close up enough times. if i get beeped in the inner circle, cool. if not, i'll hang towards the back and take it all in.

i could not agree more- that is the right attitude- i got into the circle on vertigo 2 times out of 2 by showing up at 7 with a PMA and got beeped in- much better than all the times i waited in line all day the tour before

also, for dublin, too much to see and do to waste the day in line- there are a lot of pubs to catch before the shows- no way will i miss a day in dublin to sit outside croker

Same here, and I feel no stress at all. :)

Back
Top Bottom