In the pit or front row outside of it? What's the verdict?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im thinking inner circle but not centre more to the side it will be less crushed and easier to move and dance about a bit.
what position u thinking of Ladywithspinning head

Similar to that, I think.

I guess it will really depend where I am in the line though - if I'm in the first couple hundred then I'll probably go for rail anywhere in the inner circle; if not, then perhaps rail in the outer circle. I like rail, so much more comfortable, better views and you don't really feel it when people are pushing and shoving. You can also sit down beside the rail while waiting for the support act which I like, too :up:

Outside Of The Pit !!!!!!

Without a doubt

& I was Inside Pit Adam's Side six rows back from FOS

Got the hell outta there right before One started went Outside Rail Adam's Side & had plenty of room :up::up:

I was 2nd row in front of Bono's mic inside the pit. There is no other type of atmosphere. Even though u had to look up to see the screen, there is no other place like it. And surprisingly I was not squished at all. I actually don't even remember touching anyone. Yes, it was very crowded but not like everyone pushed together. My friends decided that they wanted to be in the pit but they were on Edge's side and got food when they wanted.

During the entire concert Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam were ALL in my sight. The only time when they were not is when they were walking to the stage or behind the drum set. Even though we couldnt see them coming in, we heard the roar of the crowd and everyone went crazy when B ran to the mic.

I was 200 something in line and still got 2nd row. If I were to do it all over again, I wouldn't even change spaces. The bridges next went over me, actually, they I was in the middle of them when they came up, which meant that I was surrounded by them when they went on them. The energy was amazing the entire time, plus even though the band went on the catwalk a lot, the majority of the time they were on the main stage, and when they weren't the pit was still going crazy.

Best night ever.

I was 2nd row in front of Bono's mic inside the pit. There is no other type of atmosphere. Even though u had to look up to see the screen, there is no other place like it. And surprisingly I was not squished at all. I actually don't even remember touching anyone. Yes, it was very crowded but not like everyone pushed together. My friends decided that they wanted to be in the pit but they were on Edge's side and got food when they wanted.

During the entire concert Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam were ALL in my sight. The only time when they were not is when they were walking to the stage or behind the drum set. Even though we couldnt see them coming in, we heard the roar of the crowd and everyone went crazy when B ran to the mic.

I was 200 something in line and still got 2nd row. If I were to do it all over again, I wouldn't even change spaces. The bridges next went over me, actually, they I was in the middle of them when they came up, which meant that I was surrounded by them when they went on them. The energy was amazing the entire time, plus even though the band went on the catwalk a lot, the majority of the time they were on the main stage, and when they weren't the pit was still going crazy.

Best night ever.

That is where I was for Dublin 3 and it was awesome. It was a little squished though and some of the people around me sat down on the ground

Best night ever.

We was the same in Sheffield. I was at the front and I couldnt see the band coming out, but I heard the roar from the back of the stage during the last few moments of Kingdom.
It was incredible seeing them and hearing them coming out one by one. Everyone went crazy when Bono jumped to his mic.

I'd seriously do the pit again given the chance! :rockon:

Glad you had a great time! :)

The pit in Chicago was packed full and quite disgusting compared to the previous tours. I left the pit and went and got a beer. the beer vendor was behind the best $250 section in soldier field. Security let me stay there the entire show. the best view in the house for the price of a GA ticket.

what time did you que up????? inner circle!!!!!

Hi Guys what time did you que up in line for the inner circle ???
was it easy to get settled in early or was there a special time the stadium allowed people to line up ???
also how many spots in the inner circle ?500?- 1000 +
CONCERNED BECAUSE IM BRINGING A NUBIE MY DAUGHTER RHIANNA 11 YEARS OLD REALLY EXCITED TO HAVE HER EXPERIENCE WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN LOVING FOR YEARS !!
Thanks
Regards to all !!!!! THE BOYZ ARE BACK !!!!!

was it easy to get settled in early or was there a special time the stadium allowed people to line up ???
CONCERNED BECAUSE IM BRINGING A NUBIE MY DAUGHTER RHIANNA 11 YEARS OLD REALLY EXCITED TO HAVE HER EXPERIENCE WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN LOVING FOR YEARS !!
Thanks

They let 2,700 people into the inner circle. This is nearly 10 times bigger than the inner circles on Elevation and Vertigo. For Elevation and Vertigo, you needed to be in the top 300 to get into the circle, for 360, being in the top 300 could get you 1st or 2nd row center inside the inner circle based on what some have said in this thread.

pardon me for asking, but those of you who were outside rail and had "plenty of room"
how is that even remotely possible?

i was like 8 feet back from outer rail and it was sardine city. i bailed and went to soundboard for more room (so much for waiting from 2pm for close spot)

what am i missing here?

So if I'm short and I want a great view of the stage/band, where do I stand for GA?

In London I was right up front The Edge's side rail in the pit. The stage was too high and I could only see Edge and Bono.

I want to see the whole band.

has anyone gotten into the pit by having the management give out extra wristbands in the back of the field? i know this happened often on Vertigo... was seeing if it was continuing.

i have off both days for the Giants Stadium shows... so i could sit outside all day and assure myself a pit spot, but i really don't wanna.

also looking like it could be in the 40's thursday night.

has anyone gotten into the pit by having the management give out extra wristbands in the back of the field? i know this happened often on Vertigo... was seeing if it was continuing.

i have off both days for the Giants Stadium shows... so i could sit outside all day and assure myself a pit spot, but i really don't wanna.

also looking like it could be in the 40's thursday night.

This happened to me in Paris, and I didn't even really try: someone just walked up to me and said "do you want a wristband" and I was so happy that someone was speaking to me in English that I said "yes" not knowing for sure what the wristband was for. I split my time that show from inside the pit and then back outside when it got a tad too crowded.

right right... i didn't mean actually trying to search out paul mcguinness, although i'm sure people have done this. i mean just actually chilling back there in hopes that it does happen.

it reminds me of when me and Tony from UF bumped into McGuinness on the floor at Continental Airlines during Vertigo... he stopped and talked, er, slurred words to us for a little while, then drunkenly handed us wristbands and told us to "go into the heart" and the wristbands were the wrong ones and we got denied by security. drunk paul mcguinness forgets what tour it is and gives us the wrong wristbands. good times, good times.

p1000786.jpg

where am I going someone tell me, my first GA! :hmm:

Verry good idea this, jcos!!! :applaud::hyper::hyper:

It's MY FIRST GA
, too --
after 26 years of TRYING to get close up
IN CONCERT to them!!!

WHICH IS HWY I'm looking at this thread!!! :hyper::lol::hyper:

So if I'm short and I want a great view of the stage/band, where do I stand for GA?

I need to know this as well. I can only go to one show, and I want to make sure I'm in the perfect spot.

What percentage of the time are they on the main stage compared to when they are on the catwalks, etc? In other words, if I am inside the pit on the front rail, right next to the main stage, will I not be able to see the band when they are on the outside part?

Thanks

BonoVoxx:wave:

6p.m. got us inner circle six rows back Adam's side

Alot more than 1,000 people in that area

Be advised if Rhianna is not tall her view may be obstructed by taller people in front of her my wife & I saw a young boy to the right of us who was approximately 10 y/o he could see nothing & kept looking at his watch the whole night if I was his father I would have had him outside rail so at least he could see.... it will just depend on if those in front of her are considerate to not have a six foot tall guy standing right in front of her

pardon me for asking, but those of you who were outside rail and had "plenty of room"
how is that even remotely possible?

i was like 8 feet back from outer rail and it was sardine city. i bailed and went to soundboard for more room (so much for waiting from 2pm for close spot)

what am i missing here?

ClawGrabber:wave:

Right before One started we moved from inner circle/pit six rows back from Adam's side to Outside Rail Adam's Side we stood right by the walkway to our right that may be why we had "plenty of room" ...... again we were a tad off to the right side

right right... i didn't mean actually trying to search out paul mcguinness, although i'm sure people have done this. i mean just actually chilling back there in hopes that it does happen.

Well, the reason I mentioned not trying is that the people giving out wristbands were easily identifiable and were getting completely mobbed by begging atendees. I just sort of watched it all and still got one.

nice vid Tony, this helps figure out where I'd like to be ideally. Looks like the view of the screen is decent as well.

my friends (while i was 2nd row in front of bono) wanted to go get food and chill out so they moved from inside the pit and outside to get different views and they both agreed that the outside had no comparison to the inside. there is something about the energy inside the pit.

i had a perfect view of all band members when they were on the stage and i could see the band fairly well when they were on the catwalk.

Back
Top Bottom