I'm scared I won't be able to get good tickets (never been to a U2 concert)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I've dreamt (literally) of going to a U2 concert for years and I'm not going to let anything get in the way of me seeing them this tour. I'm just scared I won't be able to get good tickets for a good price. I've never had to try to get the best seats for a super popular band.

How do I know when to buy? Will there be an announcment of when the tickets will go on sale? I'm counting on a 2010 concert because they aren't visiting Seattle this leg (I'm nervous about that too).

As long as I can get my hands on one ticket I'll be a happy man.

Um...seriously?? Honestly, if someone missed the ticket buying announcements this time around, my first question would be 'which desert island were you stranded on??'

Or have I misunderstood the question?

I don't know. I'm clueless. I know almost nothing about these things.

I guess I'm just asking what's the best thing to do to insure that I get good 2010 tickets

Well...I'd say just stick around here and U2.com. Are you registered on U2.com? You'll get emails. There's also atu2, zootopia, ticketmaster, and many other sites you could enrol in for updates. :shrug:

You've been bashing following this band in here for awhile, how is it you haven't seen them before, or know when tickets go on sale?

Um...seriously?? Honestly, if someone missed the ticket buying announcements this time around, my first question would be 'which desert island were you stranded on??'

Or have I misunderstood the question?

I think you didn't read quite far enough. 2010 is when the OP is planning on going to see the band, and as far I as know right now, no show dates and certainly no tickets on sale dates have been announced for 2010 dates yet.

Shart -- I've never bought U2 tickets, so I'm obviously not the best person to give advice on this (but I will anyway! ...and hope someone who knows better will also answer), but I think if you keep checking this site over the next several months you would have an excellent chance of finding out the schedule and also ticket sale dates. It has seemed to me there isn't a great deal of time between when the dates are officially announced and when tickets go on sale, so be prepared to buy when you hear about the show you want.

Also if you aren't able to buy the tickets you want when they go on sale (they go pretty quick), do not despair. Often people will have tickets they can't use and are willing to sell to other fans. There is a place on this site (I'm not quite sure where) that allows fans to post what they have (or what they want) and then people work out the details via PM or email. You may have to scramble a bit, but you should be able to get the tickets you want at a reasonable price.

Good luck!

make sure you're a member of U2.com. The last presale went smoothly as far as I know (worked fine for me), so that should make getting tickets less stressful.

Shart, as a fellow Washingtonian, I feel your pain about the 2010 leg. Although I'm seeing them this fall, so I don't feel your entire pain. ;)

For the Vertigo tour, I was not a member of U2.com was successful getting tickets through Ticketmaster for the Seattle show, and for the rest of the shows I got, I had great luck through both eBay, Craigslist and randomly buying a ticket from someone in England.

This tour, I went the U2.com route and had very smooth experiences buying tickets in the pre-sales. If you can afford the subscription cost, I would recommend it.

Good luck! Try not to stress about it too much. :)

you'll get big warning, i know in my position last tour, there were announcements on tv, radio and the papers weeks in advance of the tickets going on sale. then i would say the best thing to do is buy them in person, line up well before they go on sale, because the phone will be engaged and the website could crash. that's what i'd do anyway. my dad got tickets and i was up in the nosebleeds, but it's still one of the best experiences of my life so far. hope this helps:)

^YAY FOR NOSEBLEEDS!
I srsly don't give a fuck anymore...at least I'm gunna be there!

Seriously - it seems the most stressing out I see is from fans who insist that it's GA or nothing. If you're not hell-bent on GA, you should have no problem getting tickets.

If you only want GAs, then I highly recommend getting a U2.com membership. Get one early, in case they do the tiered-sales like they did this time around. It seems that some people who got stuck buying pre-sale tix on the third day of the sale didn't always get what they wanted. But some did, so you never know.

I think you didn't read quite far enough. 2010 is when the OP is planning on going to see the band, and as far I as know right now, no show dates and certainly no tickets on sale dates have been announced for 2010 dates yet.

Nah, I fully understood the 2010 part. My point is that I think it would be nearly impossible to be a regular on any of these forums and miss this next round of ticket announcements. Just stay connected and you'll be fine, either via official channels or from fellow fans. :up:

Back
Top Bottom