If you could change just ONE thing about this tour....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youarenotimmune

Refugee
Note: This is NOT a bitching thread. I think we have more than enough of those goin around already! :wink:

Doesn't have to be specific to the set....can be about the production of the tour, the band's wardrobe, or anything which you'd really like to see done differently

For me it has to be the missing chorus from The Unforgettable Fire. TUF is my favourite album (by any artist), and the title song spent waaayyyy too much time on the bench. Now that it's finally back, I really wish Bono would sing the chorus properly, because he's singing the rest of the song so well! The rest of the band is in top form during TUF as well, plus the visuals are just bloody brilliant!

What would you guys change, if you could change just ONE single thing?

i'd say that i'd like the 90's to be featured a lot more. it seems like we've been saying that the last 3 tours though. this one isn't done yet, so who knows if all of a sudden, they'll get the itch to play Mofo or something like that.

Add something from Zooropa or Pop. All the show is missing is a :

-Gone
-Mofo
-Discotheque
-Lemon
-Daddy's Gonna Pay..
-HMTMKMKM

Just play one U2.

Open with "No Line On The Horizon" and not "Breathe". Its the first time ever for me that the opening song works only in a mediocre way. Just about every other tour the opening song(s) have been great and fit the tour perfectly. Just not the case this time for me. :shrug:

Play the rest of NLOTH! SUC and FEZ-BB deserve to be played! And they should at least try out Cedars of Lebanon and White As Snow....

But HMTMKMKM would be awesome....

For the love of god, no.

Just generally speaking play the 23 songs all with great effort. Instead of : just one chord progression to start Streets, the blown chorus in UF, the WOWY monologue, the abrupt ending to Pride right when the crowd gets involved. I don't care what songs they play, try to just play them really well.

But I secretly wish for an Achtung Medley for the encore:
EBTTRT, WGRYWH, UV...........never happen though

Arenas instead of stadiums.

:wink:

This tour would need a whole new concept that its semi-avoiding by putting on the spectacle, in the round is basically how they did the last two arena tours, as awesome as it is, and as focused I think they've made the sets, beyond 'breaking down the space between them and the crowd' with their 'space'ship, it doesn't have the same amount of reason for the spectacle as their 90's tours did. Technically impressive and matched by honesty with the music, but you can't really even excuse the excess this time to others as them missing the concept haha.

some people can't seem to cope without having the band in their lap, for whatever reason.

fuck that, i want a show! if it takes a stadium to get something like what i saw last weekend, keep them in stadiums.

Actually, I'd probably take a good theatre over a club. The atmosphere of some theatres simply cannot be beaten.

Good theatre > club > average theatre >>>>> arena >>>>>>>> stadium.

I simply like being able to see the band while having a stress-free concert experience.

Actually, I'd probably take a good theatre over a club. The atmosphere of some theatres simply cannot be beaten.

Good theatre > club > average theatre >>>>> arena >>>>>>>> stadium.

I simply like being able to see the band while having a stress-free concert experience.

A man after my heart! :love:

Concert DVD?

Seriously, but most of the arena shows I went to were more stressful than the stadium shows. I hate arenas, at least most of them. U2 in a stadium environment is fine, just like it's meant to be. I wouldn't want to miss the current stage setup.

For me, I'd say: I wish they played Stand Up Comedy. I have been looking forward very much to the song and I'm a bit disappointed they're not even trying to play it.

Back
Top Bottom