If you could change just ONE thing about this tour....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono within reach

I'd love for the stage to be setup so that Bono can reach into the crowd like he has in the past. No wild climbing, jumping, suicidal stuff, just the calmer things like in the Vertigo DVD.

(Oh, and SF, I do prefer him in long hair):applaud:

Birdlover

MOFO.

Simple as.

Great idea!!

I'd not end the show with MOS, put it in to close the first part of the set instead. I'd also like to see FEZ in the show somewhere and add The FLY or HMTMKMKM. All in all though I'm very happy with the show, especially YBR, TUF and Ultraviolet.

I'd love for the stage to be setup so that Bono can reach into the crowd like he has in the past. No wild climbing, jumping, suicidal stuff, just the calmer things like in the Vertigo DVD.

(Oh, and SF, I do prefer him in long hair):applaud:

Birdlover

Yeah a little more crowd interaction couldn't hurt! I mean he traveled around the audience a lot, but those damn barriers were just so far from the stage/catwalk!

Oh and a little bit more energy and enthousiasm in "Walk On" and "One." Those two songs are some of my absolute favorites, but they sorta seemed a little half-hearted during the concert. Maybe put them earlier so his voice isn't tired?

Hm, I like MOS ending the show.

Those who dont- what would you suggest instead?

The setlist vary so it's hard to say, but if I could assume the Chicago 2 setlist was what it would be, then I would drop One in favor of something crazier, like I Will Follow, HMTMKMKM, or The Fly (like on Elevation Boston).

I'd have Bono stop neglecting the catwalks. This is rather sad but its annoying me now to continually see Bono reach the end of the bridge only to turn back again. :lol:

I saw the first night in Milan and he used it fairly often, but come the next show I saw at Hampden he properly went on it once - during City of Blinding Lights. I dont know about the rest of the shows but is that the only time he goes out onto it now?

Its cool that Edge, Adam and even Larry have been using it but for some reason its just not the same as seeing Bono out on it.

Gonna echo everyone on this thread who wants more Pop tunes.

Yes, first and foremost... MOFO!

PopMart was my first U2 show, and in my mind, it was still the best concert I've ever been to (40 foot Lemon Mirrorball Spaceships FTW!).

U2 360 is ridiculous... but not ridiculous enough! PopMart was over the top.

A little late to the tour but even with the 360 stage, does the band move around as much as the last 2 tours?

I've heard that they don't & basically just stay on stage & facing front - just trying to substantiate.

I think BD is pretty weak on this tour. I'd prefer Mofo ... or IWF or some other kicker

I agree on it sounding weak. Lacks that energy of the elevation tour, i think its on a Wembley clip of the song where you cant even here edges guitar on the touch me part, and them special effects edge uses on his voice just before the chorus arnt there, and they add alot to the song imo. On the other hand, it will probably never be dropped on every tour in the future until they retire.

Lol no way they'd drop Beautiful Day for Mofo or even I Will Follow.

I'd change the lack of Electrical Storm. Only 3 performances of this song is a damn shame. As much as I loved Your Blue Room, I'd choose to hear ES if I had to pick.

Remove WOWY as a regular, and replace it with either "Bad", "Out of Control" or "One Tree Hill".

Also, I love MOS and all, but it sucks as a closing song. I'd put either "40" or "All I Want Is You" in its place. Move MOS to earlier in the set.

If I could change one thing I would change it to this:

zootv_stage.jpg

or this

http://srv101.exitdns.com/~u2exit/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/webcam0011.gif

I always wondered why they got away from doing 40 as the last song....it is unlike any other closing song with people still singing it walking into the parking lot.

In general, I'd like to see them mix it up a little more and include more of a variety. I know this is easier said than done with this "production" but knowing the setlist ahead of time with these forums and such lends itself to only a couple of possible surprises. (Such as In a Little While in Raleigh the other night)

Back
Top Bottom