I can't Believe this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partygirl43

Refugee
Ok, maybe I'm a bit naive, but I was visiting another popular website for U2 information and they had info posted on how to obtain pre-sale codes, if you are not a fan club member. I should have figured these sites exsist--but to actively promote them on a website for 'fans' seems so shady to me.

Honest the whole concert ticket buying expierence is so scummy all the way around I feel like I need a shower. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it for fear of sending any traffic their way---I'm just sooo pissed right now

/rant

thanks for listening

Ok, maybe I'm a bit naive, but I was visiting another popular website for U2 information and they had info posted on how to obtain pre-sale codes, if you are not a fan club member. I should have figured these sites exsist--but to actively promote them on a website for 'fans' seems so shady to me.

Honest the whole concert ticket buying expierence is so scummy all the way around I feel like I need a shower. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it for fear of sending any traffic their way---I'm just sooo pissed right now

/rant

thanks for listening

Just for the record, non-specific presale codes (i.e., "access" & "horizon," etc.) are MEANT to get around. The promoters WANT people to think they are in on inside information. Why? Because they want to sell out. Period. If U2 wanted to have 100% control over their tickets, they would do so. They are among only a HANDFUL in the industry that maintains full rights to their own musical material. If they wanted control over seats for fans, they would take it, and there's not a promoter in the business that would refuse them, at least not since the WAR tour.

If only U2 fans would realize that U2 is also a business. The band WANTS sellouts. Do they want fans front and center? Of course. But not if it means empty balconies.

Typically, run-of-the-mill presale codes offer a specific allotment of presale tickets in not-so-in-demand locations (i.e., upper deck) so the tickets sell out, artificial demand gets created and, in some cases (particularly stadium shows) the broker gets left holding the bag and the fan can get a ticket last minute for cheap. Yes, sometimes...moreso than not, I concede, brokers make money, but typically at the expense of fans who are too lazy to do their homework. In either scenario, the venue is full.

Me? I have row 4 side stage tickets for Chicago, 4 GAs for NYC, 2 GAs for Boston, 6 seats for Toronto, and 6 GAs for Chicago that I will be able to trade for other shows.

And...I still have my Horizon presale code. On top of that, while the run-of-the-mill presale codes have little if no tickets left, I can still pull up beauties with my presale code.

How? I spent a little extra money (bought two presale codes from brokers and found GAs for barely more than face on eBay) and did HOURS and HOURS of homework. I and my friends/family will be able to see all the local shows. For Vertigo, I ended up with THIRTY tickets for the Buffalo show. Everyone I knew got seats at face value. How? Because I did my homework.

So, everything is not as it seems. Everything is not "shady." As much as we like to think the band is singing to us and only us, U2 is a mammoth corporation. Tours are a way to figuratively PRINT MONEY.

If everyone has to be "equal," then that's called communism. And Bono and Edge and Adam and Larry probably wouldn't work all those hours writing, playing, touring, for the same pay as you and I so we wouldn't get their great tunes. Bono'd be a preacher and Edge would be a Monk. Adam? Who knows. Larry'd probably still play drums though.

Well, thankfully for most this rant was in a not so public thread.

It's just so disappointing to me that so many U2 fans have this sense of entitlement that the band is only for them and that people who go out of their way to be resourceful to score tickets are breaking some Godly "code." Give me a break! If "fans" wouldn't pay more than face for tickets there would be no brokers. And if U2 wanted to keep tickets off the secondary market and micro-manage their event tickets, they would do what Dave Matthews (Wharehouse) and Pearl Jam (10 Club) and Tom Petty do (can you say "Prima Donna?"). I've been to those shows. They are NOT U2 shows. And they're fans ARE NOT U2fans.

At least I thought they weren't.:hmm:

Everyone that bitches and moans about others getting what they want is, in my opinion, simply a communist who feels "entitled" to their "fair share" without being willing to go the extra mile to get it.

Of course, in my opinion, my opinion sucks. That's just my take.

Gillette presale code: Horizon
Meadowlands presale code: Access
Rogers Centre "Bills" presale: No code needed
Soldier Field presale code: Bears

If U2 didn't want it this way, it wouldn't be this way. Plain and simple.

I'm on the email list for all the major radio stations in my area, and without fail I'll get a presale code for for pretty much every major band/artist that comes to town. I'm sure there will be one for U2 as well, so it will give us extra chances to get tickets, which I am all for. :)

How did people use the Bears presale code? I only saw the U2. com presale password box. :hmm:

Believe it or not....

The Bears and the Bills have separate ticketmaster URLS for their login sites that are separate from the ticketmaster sites us normal folk were using.

Just for the record, non-specific presale codes (i.e., "access" & "horizon," etc.) are MEANT to get around. The promoters WANT people to think they are in on inside information. Why? Because they want to sell out. Period. If U2 wanted to have 100% control over their tickets, they would do so. They are among only a HANDFUL in the industry that maintains full rights to their own musical material. If they wanted control over seats for fans, they would take it, and there's not a promoter in the business that would refuse them, at least not since the WAR tour.

If only U2 fans would realize that U2 is also a business. The band WANTS sellouts. Do they want fans front and center? Of course. But not if it means empty balconies.

Typically, run-of-the-mill presale codes offer a specific allotment of presale tickets in not-so-in-demand locations (i.e., upper deck) so the tickets sell out, artificial demand gets created and, in some cases (particularly stadium shows) the broker gets left holding the bag and the fan can get a ticket last minute for cheap. Yes, sometimes...moreso than not, I concede, brokers make money, but typically at the expense of fans who are too lazy to do their homework. In either scenario, the venue is full.

Me? I have row 4 side stage tickets for Chicago, 4 GAs for NYC, 2 GAs for Boston, 6 seats for Toronto, and 6 GAs for Chicago that I will be able to trade for other shows.

And...I still have my Horizon presale code. On top of that, while the run-of-the-mill presale codes have little if no tickets left, I can still pull up beauties with my presale code.

How? I spent a little extra money (bought two presale codes from brokers and found GAs for barely more than face on eBay) and did HOURS and HOURS of homework. I and my friends/family will be able to see all the local shows. For Vertigo, I ended up with THIRTY tickets for the Buffalo show. Everyone I knew got seats at face value. How? Because I did my homework.

So, everything is not as it seems. Everything is not "shady." As much as we like to think the band is singing to us and only us, U2 is a mammoth corporation. Tours are a way to figuratively PRINT MONEY.

If everyone has to be "equal," then that's called communism. And Bono and Edge and Adam and Larry probably wouldn't work all those hours writing, playing, touring, for the same pay as you and I so we wouldn't get their great tunes. Bono'd be a preacher and Edge would be a Monk. Adam? Who knows. Larry'd probably still play drums though.

Well, thankfully for most this rant was in a not so public thread.

It's just so disappointing to me that so many U2 fans have this sense of entitlement that the band is only for them and that people who go out of their way to be resourceful to score tickets are breaking some Godly "code." Give me a break! If "fans" wouldn't pay more than face for tickets there would be no brokers. And if U2 wanted to keep tickets off the secondary market and micro-manage their event tickets, they would do what Dave Matthews (Wharehouse) and Pearl Jam (10 Club) and Tom Petty do (can you say "Prima Donna?"). I've been to those shows. They are NOT U2 shows. And they're fans ARE NOT U2fans.

Everyone that bitches and moans about others getting what they want is, in my opinion, simply a communist who feels "entitled" to their "fair share" without being willing to go the extra mile to get it.

Gillette presale code: Horizon
Meadowlands presale code: Access
Rogers Centre "Bills" presale: No code needed
Soldier Field presale code: Bears

If U2 didn't want it this way, it wouldn't be this way. Plain and simple.

Wow that really sucks, although I can understand your sell out theory it just doesn't seem fair to all of us who "think" we have a better chance to get great seats. I messed up my purchase, lost my code and cannot get the tickets I really wanted to. Good for you on figuring out how to cheat the system. It just made it worse for me. :|

You are part of the problem. WHY do you NEED 30 Tickets? Should I call you Ticketmaster?

I did go the "extra mile" I paid for a fan club membership. What you do is dubious at best, unethical at worst.

And yes your opinion does suck....

You have to know that when the boys play stadiums and arenas that the season ticket holders of the teams that play in those places will have a chance for tickets too. So you do a little searching for info. Sometimes you may not find the info you're looking for, sometimes you do.

I did the searching because I totally did a bonehead thing and bought tickets to a show I wasn't going to attend instead of one to the one I was going to attend. :doh: Come to find out, I'll still have to try during the general sale because GA's aren't offered to those STH.

Everyone's got their reasons for doing what they do. It's not being part of the problem, it's being resourceful. :shrug:

Like he said, they want the stadiums full. They wouldn't email the links/codes out if they didn't want them passed around.

What is the point then for us who think we are being fair?
I am a Warehouse member and a huge DMB fan too. I've been a member for years and you are not garunteed to get tickets to every show. They run a lottery and if you number is picked your credit card will get charged. Seats are the distributed by how long you have been a member. The system works well, but sometimes you don't get tickets. It seems fair.
Being a U2.com member and having the privlidge to purchase tickets in advance seems fair too. If they were so concerned about fillling the seats they should allow us to purchase more tickets with our codes. I could have! What you are doing just doesn't seem right.

What is the point then for us who think we are being fair?
I am a Warehouse member and a huge DMB fan too. I've been a member for years and you are not garunteed to get tickets to every show. They run a lottery and if you number is picked your credit card will get charged. Seats are the distributed by how long you have been a member. The system works well, but sometimes you don't get tickets. It seems fair.
Being a U2.com member and having the privlidge to purchase tickets in advance seems fair too. If they were so concerned about fillling the seats they should allow us to purchase more tickets with our codes. I could have! What you are doing just doesn't seem right.

I think kassandra has a point. I don't want to get all judge-y about this whole scene, being resourceful is all well and good. IMO nobody who won't buy presale codes or who doesn't think to google for them and to buy a bazillion tix is a commie lol.
*But*, why not throw more in the fanclub pool if the fear is about keeping the stadia full? For sure there is more involved, like playing the favors game. Gotta keep the connections going, play the game. I would assume that U2 don't really feel they should stop playing that, for whatever reason, again not judging. Radio stations are part of the game, venues are part of the game, etc. I'm sure things just run more smoothly if you play, and maybe that's the incentive. anyway, hope everyone gets what they are aiming for! cheers all...

I agree with Kevin. We do what we have to do. Last tour, Kevin sold me a GA ticket to a sold out show last minute at face value, a ticket he could have sold/traded or given to a friend or someone he knew. He's not scooping up tickets to scalp or anything like that. He does his research and knows how to play his cards. If I had the time and resources, I'd do the same thing!

I thought this sort of thing has always happened. Maybe not presales, but don't "special people" like say AmEx Black card holders have "ins" on getting tickets? Maybe it's not the most fair, but that's just how it is.

You are part of the problem. WHY do you NEED 30 Tickets? Should I call you Ticketmaster?

I did go the "extra mile" I paid for a fan club membership. What you do is dubious at best, unethical at worst.

Just wait until you are desperate for a ticket and Kevin will sell or trade you at face value. I would rather have fans holding extra tickets than scalpers.

If you wanted tix bad enough, wouldn't you do your darnedest to get some?

Can't we agree to disagree?

Last edited:

dude, this guy helped out real fans here on Interference during Vertigo. People who didn't get through or didn't understand the system, and others who did but missed out. I can't see much wrong with that, really.

Just wait until you are desperate for a ticket and Kevin will sell or trade you at face value. I would rather have fans holding extra tickets than scalpers.

QFTMFT :up:

(I think I even owe him money still :yikes: At minimum, he hooked people up, even made sure we had a place to crash and took us out for breakfast in Philly. Stand up guy, in my books)

DO NOT diss bfloxng!

This man has showed me love beyond love. Not only sold me tickets when I had none for face value....

....but heck....even crashed his pad.

Sometimes it's who you know.
He has been a quality guy.

I'd seriously rather Kevin be the one holding the tickets than a scalper:wave:

I figured out last tour that persistence pays off when trying for good tickets - I either traded or was able to pull quality seats/GA's a couple weeks to the day before a show while the people sitting around me paid hundreds more from a scalper

In a couple instances I was the one with the extra ticket and was able to sell to fans from this site

It's all about good ticket karma

We said that over and over again last time. Did things people thought we were crazy to do or maybe even questioned our motives for. In the end, we had our dreams realized in so many ways last tour it was insane. Never expected it or did those things to try and get that karma, but it's what happned.

Kevin seems like a great guy and maybe I should ask him if he has the tickets I could not get. That is fine and wonderful, BUT if he is doing this so are scalpers and that is just NOT cool. If the presales worked well Kevin or others wouldn't have to scoop up tickets and dole them out, we would be able to get them ourselves.

Kevin HELP please!!

In my case, it was kind of a last minute thing. A show I never considered until someone suggested I go, but I said I had no ticket. Not only did Kevin sell me the ticket, he offered it to me (I wasn't going around begging, b/c I had never planned to see this show, I just got an e-mail saying "someone" offered face value tickets). I handed him $50 and he handed me a ticket, easiest transaction ever. And I was on the front row on the rail inside the ellipse dead center. :hyper:

does anyone wnat the bills link and you can get 252 dollar single tickets but i cant see GAs. am i going to pick up my ticket form here hell no

dont think its been mentioned in this thread, so I'll post it:

these other presale codes have ZERO impact on the u2.com presale. the u2.com presale has its own allotment of tickets and then these other 'special codes' have a separate (much smaller in this case) allottment.

case in point, yesterday the Giants Stadium 'access' presale code (a separate input area on TM.com and everything) did not have many GA tickets (might not have offered any to be honest). the 'access' code would say no GA tix available and u2.com Horizon members were still getting GAs available.

these other presales only effect how many tickets make it to the general sale. and since these presales are free/available knowledge its not really impacting the general public negatively eithe.

dude, this guy helped out real fans here on Interference during Vertigo. People who didn't get through or didn't understand the system, and others who did but missed out. I can't see much wrong with that, really.

This/QFT/whatever the kids are saying these days

In my case, it was kind of a last minute thing. A show I never considered until someone suggested I go, but I said I had no ticket. Not only did Kevin sell me the ticket, he offered it to me (I wasn't going around begging, b/c I had never planned to see this show, I just got an e-mail saying "someone" offered face value tickets). I handed him $50 and he handed me a ticket, easiest transaction ever. And I was on the front row on the rail inside the ellipse dead center. :hyper:

That was an awesome show, wasn't it? :drool: :hi5:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom