I can't Believe this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have no idea where to find any of these general presale codes...would anyone be kind enough to PM me to let me know where I can find one for Foxboro...as I really don't wanna pay 2X-3X face value aftermarket....THANKS

Wow that really sucks, although I can understand your sell out theory it just doesn't seem fair to all of us who "think" we have a better chance to get great seats. I messed up my purchase, lost my code and cannot get the tickets I really wanted to. Good for you on figuring out how to cheat the system. It just made it worse for me. :|

wow. i "cheated" the system? really? i didn't create these presale codes, the promoters did, with the blessings of u2.

my only wish is that people would realize that u2 sets the rules. and i would also add that the "ticket limits" supposedly set by TM or whomever have, to my knowldge, NEVER been enforced. why on earth would ticketmaster or the promoter or u2 for that matter go through the hassle of voiding a sale, refunding the buyer, voiding the tickets (without notice, as they claim), putting the tickets back into circulation, just to have it sell again for the same price to a different person? it doesn't happen. if someone is able to buy 50 tickets in a general sale when the limit is 8, they usually get away with it. and TM gladly takes their money and u2 is glad that the show sells out. i have simply never seen a sale voided. moreover, brokers can easily avoid the restriction by ordering extra cards in fictitious names. i can easily log on to amex or chase visa and click "add user" and get cards issued to mickey mouse. TM doesn't check to see you "owns" the card, they check to see if it's got the funds to make the purchase.

Kevin seems like a great guy and maybe I should ask him if he has the tickets I could not get. That is fine and wonderful, BUT if he is doing this so are scalpers and that is just NOT cool. If the presales worked well Kevin or others wouldn't have to scoop up tickets and dole them out, we would be able to get them ourselves.

Kevin HELP please!!

It's true that if he can do it, so can scalpers. But I think the point you're missing is that if he wasn't doing what he does, then those tickets would probably end up in scalper's hands. In a way, he's preventing that by being very resourceful. I can't even count the number of times I read on here last tour where he helped genuine fans out. Seems like a stand up guy to me. :up:

And now it turns out that after yesterday, I may have to beg him for help, lol.

my only wish is that people would realize that u2 sets the rules. and i would also add that the "ticket limits" supposedly set by TM or whomever have, to my knowldge, NEVER been enforced.

I agree

why on earth would ticketmaster or the promoter or u2 for that matter go through the hassle of voiding a sale, refunding the buyer, voiding the tickets (without notice, as they claim), putting the tickets back into circulation, just to have it sell again for the same price to a different person?

But they do this, I have had it done!

it doesn't happen. if someone is able to buy 50 tickets in a general sale when the limit is 8, they usually get away with it. and TM gladly takes their money and u2 is glad that the show sells out. i have simply never seen a sale voided.

Like I said it happens.

moreover, brokers can easily avoid the restriction by ordering extra cards in fictitious names. i can easily log on to amex or chase visa and click "add user" and get cards issued to mickey mouse.

Right and that sucks too!!!

TM doesn't check to see you "owns" the card, they check to see if it's got the funds to make the purchase.

Thank you for your PM, I'm glad to have met you!

You are part of the problem. WHY do you NEED 30 Tickets? Should I call you Ticketmaster?

I did go the "extra mile" I paid for a fan club membership. What you do is dubious at best, unethical at worst.

And yes your opinion does suck....

That's why it's just an opinion.

but to respond to you saying having 30 tickets was greedy, I'll note that for that show (Buffalo 12/9/05), more than half were bought well after the general sale, and several from brokers for close to face because they didn't want to hold the tickets for 6 months to make another fifty bucks. buffalo wasn't exactly a tough ticket to get if you wanted one. Me accumlating thirty tickets over three months time likely only derailed people who decided 6months after the general sale that u2 was their fave band and going to the show was a priority. kinda like alyssa milano in hawaii :hyper:

So true...

wow. i "cheated" the system? really? i didn't create these presale codes, the promoters did, with the blessings of u2.

my only wish is that people would realize that u2 sets the rules. and i would also add that the "ticket limits" supposedly set by TM or whomever have, to my knowldge, NEVER been enforced. why on earth would ticketmaster or the promoter or u2 for that matter go through the hassle of voiding a sale, refunding the buyer, voiding the tickets (without notice, as they claim), putting the tickets back into circulation, just to have it sell again for the same price to a different person? it doesn't happen. if someone is able to buy 50 tickets in a general sale when the limit is 8, they usually get away with it. and TM gladly takes their money and u2 is glad that the show sells out. i have simply never seen a sale voided. moreover, brokers can easily avoid the restriction by ordering extra cards in fictitious names. i can easily log on to amex or chase visa and click "add user" and get cards issued to mickey mouse. TM doesn't check to see you "owns" the card, they check to see if it's got the funds to make the purchase.

So true! We once got a credit card in my dogs name, he had a higher limit than I did! That's off subject I guess, but he has a point. It's all fair in this game. I hate ticket scalpers for the reason being they don't have any clue how amazing the band is that they are hocking tickets for. They don't go to these concerts, they just see $$. On the other hand, if a stranger who loved the band offered to sell me some tickets they acquired (be it 2 or 20), I would be much more obliged to buy them from him and have a great conversation at that! If I could afford to buy 30 tickets I just might do the same. For now, I only hope for one!

That's why it's just an opinion.

but to respond to you saying having 30 tickets was greedy, I'll note that for that show (Buffalo 12/9/05), more than half were bought well after the general sale, and several from brokers for close to face because they didn't want to hold the tickets for 6 months to make another fifty bucks. buffalo wasn't exactly a tough ticket to get if you wanted one. Me accumlating thirty tickets over three months time likely only derailed people who decided 6months after the general sale that u2 was their fave band and going to the show was a priority. kinda like alyssa milano in hawaii :hyper:

Hey Kevin, are you going to Chicago or Boston or both? Hope to see you there. :wave:

Hey Kevin, are you going to Chicago or Boston or both? Hope to see you there. :wave:
Chicago fo sho!
NYC 90%
Boston 50/50 (Of course, that's what I said about Boston, NY, Vegas, Portland, etc., last tour!).
I'm also waiting to see what the other dates are and if they announce Leg 3 or 4 over the summer.

That's not Mia's last name, though. ;)

...... or I have completely missed your joke AND the sound it made as it went zooming over my head.

It's all about good ticket karma

Guess who has trashed their Karma? :hmm:

You are part of the problem. WHY do you NEED 30 Tickets? Should I call you Ticketmaster?

And yes your opinion does suck....

Come on---buying 30 tickets is NOT resourceful---its GREEDY--and THAT is a PROBLEM.

I believe I met kevin briefly in Boston as he was selling one of his extra tickets at face value to a good interference friend.

Guess who has trashed their Karma? :hmm:

OK if that was for me---I don't have anything to worry about.

You don't know me, or what I have done for fellow fans......just like I don't know Kevin.

I'm an idealist. I wish U2 would sell all of us Interferencers front row seats---so I knew I'd be surrounded by cool, like-minded crazy people like me.

It seems to me that the ticket buying experience has become a "by any means necessary" ordeal....and that makes me alittle sad.

Can we agree to disagree?

I wish EVERYONE all the best is their quest for seats.

I got mine. Hope to see some of you in Chicago. See ya at the show :wave:

I personally would never sell pre-sale codes as it is what it is. But I can certainly tell you that if I'm able to purchase more than the two GA's that I need for Chicago tomorrow I will. Why? Because the thought of scalpers ripping people off does not appeal to me. I would rather buy as many as I could and return here and just offer them to people that need them.

Back
Top Bottom