Hints for a 2009 tour???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allegra

Refugee
The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap,
U2 FILM DIRECTOR TO SPEAK AT SIGGRAPH EXHIBITION

May 20, 2008
posted by: Tassoula from atu2.com

U2 3D director Catherine Owens has been chosen to speak at SIGGRAPH 2008, which celebrates the art of computer graphics and interactive technology. The exhibition will take place in Los Angeles this August.

It is noted that Catherine is currently "working on a new body of drawings in her studio, where she is also creating content for the next U2 album and tour campaign."

So all you skeptics that say the 2009 tour isn't gonna happen may want to change your tune...

I like what I'm hearing :yes:

:rockon:

I think I'm gonna try to attend this actually....sounds interesting, and i'll be getting closer to the U2 circut :giggle:

Last edited:
I just hope Catherine is using poster-board (ZooTV, Popmart) this time to come up with concepts instead of construction paper (IE, Arena designs) :)

If they're doing early designs for the tour, where are Mark Fisher and Willie Williams ?

Didnt Willie Williams part ways with u2 during the Vertigo tour ?

During the Euro leg and third leg in N. America he left the tour. But he returned for the remaining legs after those.

Not sure why there are skeptics on a tour next year. I would say its a greater possibility than not.

If we truly have an album releasing in fall (and it looks like we just might), I find it hard to believe it wouldn't be supported by a tour in 2009.

And, let's face it, touring is where the real money is at ... and U2 make LOTS of money on their tours.

It's all following the usual pattern, I'm sure there'll be a tour next year.

Back
Top Bottom