Hi! Question for you guys..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gwen

Babyface
So we have GA seats for the Mpls show coming up next Sat. How early do you guys recommend we get there to wait in line? Thanks!

Depends on how close you want to be. If you want to be in the front row, or on the outer rail, you should line up pretty early. No telling how far ahead of time someone will start the line, though.

If you are just want to be in the pit and don't need to be first or second row, you can waltz in when the doors open at 5 and get an amazing spot.

:)

Come hang with us in the Minneapolis thread - we'll be having a get-together Friday night if you'd like to come.

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...f-u2-prairie-homecoming-companion-211091.html

Well I would like to watch the show from Bono's lap and be the one that gets pulled on stage to dance with him BUT I don't think that'll happen! Ya never know though! Just wanted to know from the seasoned vets here how it works for the GA seats. I don't want to get trampled on by crazed fans! :) My guess is that the crowds are a little older and more mature than they were back when I saw them in the 80 and 90's. Haven't been to a U2 show since the early 90's. Shame on me! And I'm not really understanding this inner/outer rail business. But I did go through that thread and I love the comments and suggestions. You guys are awersome fans! Anyway, we're super excited for next Sat. Should be a good show!

Here's how it works: 1) There are no seats, just to let you know :) 2) The stage is set up in a way so that there is a catwalk that goes around it, this is called the ellipse. Inside that catwalk, is what is known as the pit. The rail for the pit would be the front row, right in front of the stage. 3) Outside of the ellipse is the rest of the GA area, most of us, I think, refer to the front row of the pit as outer rail.

If you want my advice, the pit is kind of a hectic place, and you get a far better overall view of all the stage has to offer, plus the show itself from the outer rail. This stage is kind of lifted higher off the ground than in the past, and as a result, I hear it's a bit of a pain to look up at it from the front row of the pit. But, in general, I'm kind of biased against the pit because I hated the one experience I had in there.

Hope that helps! Any other questions, feel free to ask. And yes, hope to see you in MPLS :D

Thanks! That helps a lot. I knew we wouldn't be sitting down but that's OK. I wouldn't plan to sit down anyway! I've been going through the threads that have some of the set lists and I'm so excited! "Scarlet"? Really? Very cool for an old timer like me. I appreciate that they do throw in some nostalgic faves here and there.

But HOLY CRAP it's gonna be a hot one in MPLS this Sat!!
:applaud:

Last edited:
If it is going to be hot don't get there early. Trust me it will suck. Get there around 4-5-6pm. Watch everyone try to get into the pit on Edge's side. Laugh at them. Point at them. Walk in to Adam's side. Get primo spot. You're done.

I think you could of had a primo spot last night on Adam's side up until 7-730pm. I think you could have gotten into the main circle up until 8-830pm.

It also depends on how they let you onto the floor. Last night they let us on on Edge's side. So everybody just goes to that side, forgeting there is a whole other side of the stage.

Back
Top Bottom