Help with Bono's Band Intros, please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magpie

The Fly
I was at the Toronto show and have been trying to find out what Bono said while introducing the guys - was explaining something to my cousin at the time and missed it. Is there a thread or anything where people have transcribed or posted videos of the intros from shows? There are other shows that I'd definitely like to read/see those bits! For the life of me, I can never remember which songs it's between and looking at setlists doesn't really help.

Thanks!

Magpie

It's before I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, every time. Or AIWIY when that's played instead.
Sadly I cannot find a video on youtube of the speech, they all kick in late. Perhaps there's already an audio bootleg on U2 start.com | Share your passion, then you can just get it there and listen again. :)

Someone should totally make a compilation of all the band intros that Bono has done this tour, it would be hilarious! The stuff he comes up with is sometimes really great and funny, and I think the audience is very much into it, it's not just ordinary Bono banter. I like to hear the band intros for every show they are doing.

I would love it if all the intros were compiled! Now that I know what song(s) to search for, hopefully I'll be able to hear more of them. Thanks you guys!

Ah nice! I can't believe there were plenty of videos on without the intro. :lol:

Maybe if I get really bored after the tour during my holiday week in august, which I inevitably will, I'll start doing the intros. I have quite a bunch of bootlegs from this tour, and I guess the rest is on youtube.

Back
Top Bottom