Help I need a quick run down on 360 w/kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

faithingrace

War Child
Hello all - I've been gone from here for 3 or 4 years. My last U2 concert was Hawaii. I haven't been paying much attention to the 360 tour because I wasn't going to be able to go in 2010 but then with the new dates I was able to get tickets and now we have GA tickets to Oakland, we are taking our 11 year old daughter too. So can anyone tell me if there is a special location they put you in with kids? If not what is the best area for those with kids? What is the GA situation like on this tour? Thanks for all the help.

You don't get specially with kids. I'd advise you with children to go Soundboard. That's where the best sound and view of the Claw is. You're not close, but you won't be pushed by the masses or surrounded by drunk idiots. :)

And might bump into some celebs to impress your kids:wink:

I've seen kids in the front circle. It's not like Metallica or ACDC, U2 fans are obviously cooler and don't have to enjoy a concert by head banging and pushing people around. There's always plenty of security on hand also. It may also pay getting up close with your kids. Bono loves to include them. I went to one of the Australian shows with my little cousin who is 9 years old. We were on the railing and every band member acknowledged her. However when I say acknowledged it was merely a wink from Adam, a point from Bono, a nod from from Edge and a smile from Larry.

There was a little tiny kid in the inner circle a few rows in front of me in Oklahoma. I found out later that he was only 5 years old! He sat on someone's shoulders the whole time and had on some giant headphones to protect his hearing. I'd imagine that if a five-year-old kid can do it then an 11-year-old would be just fine, unless she's really short.

The only place I would recommend you don't take your kids is to from about the midpoint of the field to the first row of the outer rail. Things are pretty uncontrollable there in terms of the crowd surge, etc. Inside the circle or soundboard is best IMO.

I'd go with Soundboard area

My experiences in the inner circle wasn't good for Fall 2010 shows. It got so crowded that you couldn't move or leave to use the bathroom or get anything to eat or drink. It could be really claustrophobic for anyone short. I saw one small girl get kicked in the head as security removed one guy who tried to jump up to hang onto the bridge when Bono was on it. Her Dad wasn't at all happy, but if I had kids, I wouldn't risk taking them into a really crowded area.

Back
Top Bottom