Have the feeling 360 is the last tour - anyone else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gorillaz did that on an MTV awards show and once on the Grammys. The volume had to relatively low for the live audience because vibrations messed the image. I can't find anything Miku that's not proshot on youtube.
I know, I just thought this looked like an improved version of said technology. The difference seems to be that they're projecting onto a glass pane instead of a sheet covering the whole stage...

I'd pay 2-3 times as much for a no-hits, deep album cuts only arena/theatre tour. Easy money, boys!

I thin it'd be great if they did like a dozen club shows for fan club members prior to the release if future albums.

I thin it'd be great if they did like a dozen club shows for fan club members prior to the release if future albums.

When they did a club show at the Astoria(2000?) in London fans were paying $5,000 for per ticket outfront.

Arcade Fire and Radiohead both did some small venue shows in 2006 and fans had major headaches getting tickets.

It is a bit of a dilemma. If they were to play small clubs and give all fans a chance to see them without charging $1,000 a ticket then they would need to play a long-term residency. I just don't see U2 performing well in that type of environment. U2 announcing a 90 night term at the Caesar's Palace Coliseum is the stuff of nightmares for me.

Probably much better in some ways the way they are touring now - actually very few dates since the tour kicked off in 2009 for the audience reached compared with an indoor tour - allowing them to bring full energy to each and every performance.

Another run of Vertigo type indoor arenas would be good but would take lot out of them physically having to play so many nights. Each night on the 360 Tour feels kind of exclusive and special compared with say, night number 7 in Boston, or night number 5 at Madison Square Garden (as good as they were!).

I'd pay 2-3 times as much for a no-hits, deep album cuts only arena/theatre tour. Easy money, boys!
:drool::drool::drool:
1) Return Of The Stingray Guitar
2) Glastonbury
3) Zoo Station
4) Wire
5) In A Little While (it's a buzzkill in a stadium, but it could be really cool in a more intimate venue)
6) Seconds
7) Your Blue Room
8) No Line On The Horizon II
9) Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
10) Stand Up Comedy
11) Miami
12) Lemon
13) Every Breaking Wave
14) Love And Peace Or Else
15) Staring At The Sun (Acoustic)
16) White As Snow (fading into...)
17) Where The Streets Have No Name (I know, I know, but this is Streets we're talking about)
---
18) Lady With The Spinning Head (Dance Mix)
19) God Pt. II
20) Bad (see "Streets")
21) If You Wear That Velvet Dress

It is a bit of a dilemma. If they were to play small clubs and give all fans a chance to see them without charging $1,000 a ticket then they would need to play a long-term residency. I just don't see U2 performing well in that type of environment. U2 announcing a 90 night term at the Caesar's Palace Coliseum is the stuff of nightmares for me.

I'm not talking about replacing their actual touring, I'm saying as a promo tour for new albums, and of course you couldn't accommodate every fan, but do it as a lottery thing, and use a Red-Zone kind of ID check in to prevent scalping.

I'm not talking about replacing their actual touring, I'm saying as a promo tour for new albums, and of course you couldn't accommodate every fan, but do it as a lottery thing, and use a Red-Zone kind of ID check in to prevent scalping.

Sounds good!

Definitely if they do something for small venues, they need to find out how to give a chance to get tickets to the real fans.

Age becomes a factor at this point and as years pass it will be something to consider more closely. Just by watching live performances it is easy to realize that the peak performance of U2 was in 2001 with Elevation Tour.
The Vertigo tour, and right now the 360 tour, are as usual great in terms of overall show experience and quality of music, but at least Bono can't sing "With or without you" or "Elevation" (and some others) the same way he did 10 years back, yet it sounds still beautiful and way out of reach for most singers.
Going to the point... they still have a lot to give, but if they ever think to retire from the stage (they will do at some point, inevitable), would be awesome if they to do it the same way as they started... playing at the smaller venues, being even closer to their fans that have put them as the best rock band ever existed on earth, a band that changed the way we appreciate music, lyrically, emotionally and as "the greatest show on earth".
Just my opinion.

Reading through all the posts, I would now personally prefer that U2 announced their retirement from touring after finishing some kind of touir.

Announcing a "Farewell Tour" would just be asking for trouble. Everyone would want at least two nights and maybe even three, No-one would be able to agree what if any songs shouldn't be played since it's the last go-round and it would just be depressing knowing for a fact we were never going to see U2 live again.

For those reasons I can see a Farewell Tour lasting Cher-like for aeons....

As I'm sure Ive said earlier, I wouldn't take a "Goodbye, we're leaving" comment seriously until the band had had at least a year of rest (ie no touring, recording) and had time to seriously consider things.

I've been thinking this too, and here's why I believe it could be their last;

1. They've struck it big time playing stadiums in America, the first time in over 13 years, they couldn't do this during Elevation, and Vertigo. This would be a HUGE accomplishment and the finishing touch on that. They've proved that they can come back swinging bigger than ever.

2. With Bono getting older, @ 50 years old, maybe it's almost time to retire the stage antics and movements and focus about good health. He nearly came to being paralyzed, he'll serve the tour out at the best he can, but in some retrospect, he's probably afraid it could happen again and maybe not get the full enjoyment out of life.

3. Creativity, where do we go from here? We asked ourselves this with "Bomb" -- surely "No Line" is a quasi-reinvention of the band itself, but it borrows from previous records and doesn't really give us a solid direction of where they're headed next, unlike how Zooropa birthed Pop.

But then again, time will tell. Maybe we'll have the same laugh we did in 2001/2005 about how we were wrong that they're got nowhere to go.

Back
Top Bottom