Have the feeling 360 is the last tour - anyone else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono said in an interview with a radio station before the Turin show when asked whether the next tour would be even bigger or back to basics. He said some along the lines off " back to basics but not totally back to basics ". So it will probably be an Arena tour with another new unique stage to keep things fresh.
My guesses: They'll have some crazy 3D screen technology along the lines of Nine Inch Nails, or they'll finally use that "sound spotlight" thing they were working on before Vertigo.

Actually it will be interesting for them to release 2 albums (one before the end of the tour) and one a year later without a tour. I would like to see U2 do some live internet performances as well. They've oversaturated the touring market so I don't think they should tour for another 3 or 4 years at least.

Just be sure to make it visually interesting, then. Like something involving car chases and explosions, rather than something slow and dull, like arsenic poisoning.

something involving car chases and explosions

bbsequel.jpg

Have the feeling 360 is the last tour - anyone else??

This could be the last tour, who knows :shrug:

Bono has had some serious health issues, I have recently lost some friends around his age,
some of them, we did not even know they were sick until they were gone.

No this is not their last tour, the one thing U2 will not do is stop touring, even when they retire, they will still tour playing their greatest hits, they might no play with sets as great as the 360 claw. But you can count on U2 they will come up with another cool set.

In my opinion there going to go one better in the next tour. People say you cant top the 360 claw... I bet U2 can. :wave:

Supposedly the Stones are in the process of putting together a tour that will top it.

Remains to be seen.

How could you possibly do it bigger than 360?

U2387 said:

How can you go bigger than Zoo Tv?, PopMart? Stadium shows on Vertigo?

Ok, so maybe u2 aren't as "relevant" as they have been in the past..but they always seem to come up with something challenging when heading out on the road. I think they could definitely top 360 if they wanted, if it would be "better" that's the big question.

I think they'll scale it down a little for the next tour. Perhaps back to something Elevation like. Who knows....I honestly don't think the band would even be thinking of 'next tours' yet.

My guesses: They'll have some crazy 3D screen technology along the lines of Nine Inch Nails, or they'll finally use that "sound spotlight" thing they were working on before Vertigo.

:yes: By the next tour the technology may finally be developed enough for that sound spotlight idea. Along with well done 3d images...

Supposedly the Stones are in the process of putting together a tour that will top it.

Remains to be seen.

Fine by me because that means U2 will try to outdo them again (which means they will tour again after this:wink:) if they succeed.

Rumors are that the next stones tour will be their last, and that it will end in London on the anniversary of their first gig, July 12 1962 in London's Marquee club. So if the stones say it's their last tour, play enough shows and charge as much as we all know they'll charge for tickets, they just might beat 360 in terms of gross. In terms of attendance, no way.

They were working on the 360 idea for ages. It taking so long - I wouldn't mind betting it's why the US leg of Vertigo was in arenas, and also not much more than just Elevation II (Now with new lights!)

it seems a very long tour.

so I reckon it would be their last ever largest longest tour.

anything after will be turn-ups, and smaller gigs.

my thought anyhow.

a lot of today's artists are drowning out the likes of U2 because back when it mattered, they were very successful in the charts and whatnot. I think U2 are being pushed back as a classic type rock band and I doubt they will get heavier and funkier should a new tour arise. Unless they are prepared to be a bit like Madonna, and go update-modern in order to fit in, but unfort it takes away from the originality of songs and tours when you didnt have to even do all that, you could just be yourself.

The 3D technology has major tourble being around full concert volume. Gorillaz found this out the hard way.

IIRC is was used as part of Sara Brighman tour a couple years ago.

Looks like Japan has figured out how to make it work:
C'mon, Damon Albarn, give us a Gorillaz tour with this tech...:drool:

Gorillaz did that on an MTV awards show and once on the Grammys. The volume had to relatively low for the live audience because vibrations messed the image. I can't find anything Miku that's not proshot on youtube.

Back
Top Bottom