Has Anyone Received their presale/general sale tickets yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. I am British and so not arbitrarily zenophobic towards my country of birth. I have also travelled and lived overseas for 11 years now. I am very sad to see the way the UK is headed at the moment. It seems processes and procedures are put in place to try to prevent you enjoying yourself - penalising the many for the sake of guarding the few. I paid a hefty chunk of change for tickets months ago and have gone through a lot of shit trying to get my hands on them.

2. The point I'm making is that the UK is unique in sending out tickets at the last possible moment. This has not happened in any of the other markets U2 play in. I got tickets for Croatia months ago - from Croatia and from the Czech Republic.

3. All in it is typical of a customer service mindset in the UK at the moment where everything but the customer seems to matter. In this instance the promoter is trying to prevent touts, the ticket seller is avoiding the risk of sending the tickets. The culture here is one of protecting arse rather than servicing the customer.

Sorry, I take it back.

I agree with a lot of what you say actually...lol

Congrats, paulrg and good luck wombie!
Ive finally recieved confirmation that my ticket will be sent to my hotel in london. Great i thought, at first....but then i thought some more ( too much?) Can i even trust them to know if my tickets havnt already been sent out here to Oz? If Wombies tickets are on there way then maybe mine are to?

Watch this space......

Congrats, paulrg and good luck wombie!
Ive finally recieved confirmation that my ticket will be sent to my hotel in london. Great i thought, at first....but then i thought some more ( too much?) Can i even trust them to know if my tickets havnt already been sent out here to Oz? If Wombies tickets are on there way then maybe mine are to?

Watch this space......

When I spoke to ticketmaster, he told me I can call at anytime (preferably 2 days or more out from the show) to get tickets re-issued at the venue. So I wouldn't worry too much, as you should easily be able to get it changed to will call by calling once you're in london.

Since speaking to ticketmaster I found out they won't be getting here til only a couple of days before the show (Wed). I've arranged for Fed EX locally to hold the package til I get back - so at least I get a souvenier ticket.

My tracking shows that it left london on the 6th of August, and Ticketmaster tell me it was handed over on the 5th of August. I was advised at the time I called (morning of the 6th in London) that I shouldn't re-direct them to my London hotel as they may already be in the hands of Fed Ex and it may confuse the process.

Fuck ticketmaster (this is exactly what happens when you leave it so late). Fuck Fed EX (seriously - 7 day delivery?)

So this whole anti-touter 'keeping it cheap for the fans' thing has cost me a day of sighseeing in London now that I have to line up, who knows how many international phone calls, and how every many hours I've spent chasing them up.

Yaaaaaaaay :happydance::bonodrum::happydance::bonodrum:

Look what I got today, 3 days before estimated delivery:
Bilde253.jpg

My 4 GAs for Wembley 1 :applaud:
(picking up my seats tickets for Wembley 2)

Hope lots of people get them today.. good luck everyone!! :up:

Hi folks,
I've just returned from my holidays and luckily I found my Wembley presale tickets in the mail. I'll be home for three days before travelling to London.
I was afraid of having to phone all day with ticketmaster this coming Monday, but it has come to good end.
Take care and see you all at Wembley on Friday.

Have just recieved an email from my ticket re-seller site confirming that my ticket has been dispatched and is on its way.....to my home here in Oz or my hotel in london it doesnt specify....

So which pub are we drinking in again?

Finally my ticket is in my hand! I booked into my hotel this afternoon and my ticket was in an envelope behind the counter....phew!

I will never, ever use ticketmaster again. Total fiasco, if i didn't phone them several times this week i wouldn't have tickets for Wembley. It's a long story and i will inform you when i get back, but put it this way......if i my tickets arn't at the box office, watch the news at 10..........

Nice One

Finally my ticket is in my hand! I booked into my hotel this afternoon and my ticket was in an envelope behind the counter....phew!

That's a good result, have a great evening should be fun tomorrow! If you are around Wembley tomorrow and need a beer let me know!

Warby

yee-haa...my ticket is for sat but yes i will be there tommorrow as well, scrounging for a ticket.....

I am so mad at tickemaster. I got an email saying my tickets have been dispatched about 2 weeks ago, and I contacted them early this week asking where my tickets are and guess what, THEY NEVER SENT THE TICKETS TO ME! They claimed that my friend who is going instead can pick up the tickets at the box office with a letter written by me saying he can have it, but for some reason I don't believe anything they say anymore. Now my friend is flying across the world without tickets and hoping that the moron working the box office will just give him the tickets without any problems. If he doesn't I will be demanding a refund!

Back
Top Bottom