Gothenburg, Milan, Amsterdam - Pre-sale experience - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2009, 04:19 AM   #101
The Fly

Local Time: 01:21 AM
Got top price seats in block 118, row 6 for Amsterdam - which I suspect will be slightly behind the stage - oh well. At the next price down, only block 123 was on offer. Transaction couldn't have been smoother.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:19 AM   #102
Refugee

Out of interest, I entered my code to see how smooth it was all running for Breathe members, and even though its not yeet 10am, I got through to able to purchase GA tickets. Thank goodness its running so well by the look of it, but how early are they going to go on sale???

Old 03-11-2009, 04:20 AM   #103
The Fly

Local Time: 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varitek View Post
Just got 4 GAs to Milan as a Breathe presaler at 10am, no problems at all (now just nervous about the shipping - won't be completely relieved til the tickets are in hand). Thank you to the person on this thread who confirmed that prato posto unico was GA.

Will have 2 spares to barter for another european date once I figure out what else I've got and what I want
Pleasure mate. see ya!
Old 03-11-2009, 04:20 AM   #104
The Fly

Local Time: 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerla View Post
How did you/we find out that there are only 26000 subscribers? It's great news, I'm just surprised...
Phommel posted back on page 3 of this thread that there are only 26,000 subs. Don't know how he knows that, official figures have never been released, have they ?
Old 03-11-2009, 04:24 AM   #105
The Fly

Wow! really smooth for "Amsterdam Breathe's"

It seems that I got my 4 GAs....no confirmation email yet though...still waiting
Old 03-11-2009, 04:41 AM   #106
Refugee

Local Time: 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fer Castillo View Post
Wow! really smooth for "Amsterdam Breathe's"

It seems that I got my 4 GAs....no confirmation email yet though...still waiting
Right on, bro!

My friend Fernando in Germany got 4 Amsterdam 1 GAs, too, so we're set. Can't wait to party with you, mi Amigo!

The only problem my friend had was trying to get the tickets shipped to his place in Germany at the low-cost shipping fee. His credit card is registered here in the US, though, so when he typed his Delivery Address different from his Invoice Address, a note popped up saying they still have to charge him the 34 Euro "Worldwide" shipping fee, even though they only have to ship the tickets a couple hundred miles away... greedy bastards.

While trying different address combinations so he could avoid the Worldwide shipping fee, my friend's order timed out, so he had to start over again, but everything turned out well, in the end.

Will try for Amsterdam 2 tickets if and when they go on sale this Saturday (or later) during the general onsale.

I have an extra Boots code, so I'm tempted to buy more Amsterdam GAs in order to trade them for other shows, but since there seems to be a lot of GAs available to fan club members this time, maybe I'll wait and try my luck with Gelsenkirchen, Chorzow, Zagreb or London with this code...

Glad to hear all the positive U2.com presale stories this time, I guess Larry's Grammys speech paid off.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:51 AM   #107
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntalwar View Post
How are they within the section - front, middle, or back?
row 3
Old 03-11-2009, 04:53 AM   #108
The Fly

I got my confirmation email!!

Going to sleep now (almost 04am in Mexico City) but I want to thank all of you for your help and specially Nick for his directions (you're the man!).

And good luck to my fellow Breathes and Boots who are still looking for tkts!
Old 03-11-2009, 04:55 AM   #109
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcgrath View Post
Phommel posted back on page 3 of this thread that there are only 26,000 subs. Don't know how he knows that, official figures have never been released, have they ?
well if you go to the website and to the community-section you can check 'members' then you can see how many pages with members there are. 20 names for each page, so times 20...
assuming that all members are automatically in that list? this I am not sure...so there can be more members
Old 03-11-2009, 05:00 AM   #110
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblin rose View Post
What section were they in? On the side of the stage?

This is the graph of the stadium with the stage: http://360.u2.com/images/largevenues/lg_milan.jpg

This is a picture of the coloured sections in the Stadium.

I am in row 3 of the red section. opposite where the teams come out of their tunnel, so in the side closer to the stage. I hope it's gonna be worth the expense.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:02 AM   #111
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Smooth transaction for Amsterdam via LiveNation! Logged in at about 09:40 AM (yeah yeah, I didn't have a lot of patience to wait and try until 10 AM ), could see exactly what seats they would be, row and chair! Then paid via iDeal, received a confirmation e-mail the minute after the transaction
Old 03-11-2009, 05:22 AM   #112
The Fly

Amsterdam presale: the first 150 EUR seats didn't satisfy my needs, but after a couple refreshes I finally got seats that I think are worth 150 EUR. But I have to say all seats I could pull up were close to the stage so I think they reserved the better 150 seats for the presale.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:29 AM   #113
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by phommel View Post
well if you go to the website and to the community-section you can check 'members' then you can see how many pages with members there are. 20 names for each page, so times 20...
assuming that all members are automatically in that list? this I am not sure...so there can be more members
But is that all members, including those who have just registered on the site ? If it is then the number of paid up members must be less....
Old 03-11-2009, 06:47 AM   #114
Babyface

Gothenburg -e-tickets only if you live outside Sweden

Is this true, Gothenburg - e-tickets or pickup tickets only if you live outside Sweden? Has anyone outside Sweden bought Gothenburg tix during this presale What delivery methods were offered?
Old 03-11-2009, 06:52 AM   #115
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

did any Breathe members manage to get GA tix for Milan??

apparently on U2Achtung people are saying there were no Milan GA left for the Breathe group! which is worrying for the Boots crowd as well
Old 03-11-2009, 06:55 AM   #116
Galeonbroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStar View Post
Smooth transaction for Amsterdam via LiveNation! Logged in at about 09:40 AM (yeah yeah, I didn't have a lot of patience to wait and try until 10 AM ), could see exactly what seats they would be, row and chair! Then paid via iDeal, received a confirmation e-mail the minute after the transaction
I'll see you in Amsterdam then!

Going to try for A'dam II too or not?
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 03-11-2009, 06:56 AM   #117
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edurban View Post
I am in row 3 of the red section. opposite where the teams come out of their tunnel, so in the side closer to the stage. I hope it's gonna be worth the expense.
Thanks for the info!!
Old 03-11-2009, 07:01 AM   #118
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
I'll see you in Amsterdam then!

Going to try for A'dam II too or not?
Maybe, hopefully... See ya in Amsterdam!
Old 03-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #119
The Fly

Gothenburg breathe sent smooth. Guided my fiancee via phone from work. She got in about 9:58 and went for 4 tickets for the best (hopefully) seated places. Most expensive anyway. About 1275 sek. We død have to register an account with the ticket company along the way but very smooth. Is there somewhere to check where our section really is. Some kind of placement map?
Old 03-11-2009, 07:23 AM   #120
Galeonbroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStar View Post
Maybe, hopefully... See ya in Amsterdam!
Definately a deal! So what time will you be there? We're planning on taking the first train in the morning so we can queue around 6 am.

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...

Tags
amsterdam, gothenburg, milan