Google Earth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
Has everyone seen the new thing U2's doing with Google Earth? Click on the 3D button and zoom in on Wembley Stadium

SMB

That's pretty cool.

From u2.com

U2.com > News > 360 On Google Earth

If you're following the tour as it moves around Europe, there's a very cool new feature on Google Earth - a model of the 360 stage, in situ, at the venue, about a week ahead of each show.

The model might be red, green or blue - corresponding to the three different steel teams who leapfrog each other from city to city to build the stage in each stadium.

We snapped Wembley Stadium, ahead of the shows this Friday and Saturday. Sheffield and Glasgow are also up, but the last European show, Cardiff, wasn't yet there when we looked.

'We thought it would be interesting to put up on Google Earth a piece of portable architecture, which is what this structure is, ' says 360 Tour Architect Mark Fisher. 'In a way it's got no practical purpose... except that it's fun!'

Log onto Google Earth, search for the city and stadium and make sure you select the '3D Buildings Layer'.

This looks pretty cool. I notice in Sheffield the Claw is askew... will it actually be like this I wonder?

Doubtful. Look at Wembley. The back of the Claw is in the stands lol. It's hard to place them I bet in the program

SMB

That's awesome. I wish Google Earth would work properly on Ubuntu for me... I might boot into Windows and install it later.

Stage being set up in Chicago

Got merged

u2inchicago.jpg

The stage is built/being built in Chicago? Are there any Chicago-based Interferencers who could confirm?

Yeah, make the Bears play under it! hahaha... Unless a punt hits the claw then the NFL will have to make a new rule... Like that ever happens...

SMB

So, uhm, I am looking at Google Earth but I don't see the claw!! How do I look at this again? lol. I feel like a loser. :lol:

interesting the claw was there almost 2 years ago

pre-pre-pre-pre-tour test run?

-dan

Back
Top Bottom