Girls on stage during 360

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
on watchin that vid again, its a bit silly to say she is attacking him, the vid description, that is. In fact, she is just being a little forward, or attempting to be. She does look like she has a bit of drink in her, and she maybe chances a quick feel of him all over, and he quickly changes the scene by grabbing her hand for a spin dance, and then after a she tries to go further again just before she is back down.

Looks like she may have been in the crowd begging and smiling to be bought onto stage.

While it may have made the moment a bit uncomfy she really wasnt overly grabbing and stuff. and Larry has always had a death glare, in fact, whats funny is that, unless he quickly turned but we dont see it, he keeps his head down playing keyboards, is it?....the whole time, so really would not have seen who the girl was, to glare at.

Im not saying what she done was okay, but it was a chanced situation, that Bono dealt with very quickly once he realised. So be it.

Ive seen girls having to be pulled off Michael Jackson by guards, at his concerts!!

and Ive read some stuff in here that could be classed a little bit ruder ya know! ;)

:D:D:D

I remember that girl too, she was totally inappropriate, if he had done that to her could you imagine the uproar, not too mention you can't even tell how old she is. There are so many of us out there who would love to be chosen by Bono and would be totally appropriate and appreciative of the experience.

(please dear God let that be me next July on my birthday in a respectful manner!!!:pray:)

i dont quite remember kissing his check,, i thought i did,,but then in the vid i cant see it so thought i just imagined it... good thing you say the same happened...

At one of the Wembley Stadium ZOOTV shows Bono ended up on his back on the runway singing babyface with a girl straddling him grinding away. 2-3 fancams do exists.

It's in the Fannigan book on the tour, Bono's dad was there and not impressed.

I've also seen girls "gently caress" his junk when Bono would venture to the edge of the Crowd in 2001/2005.

On the upside, doing a YouTube search on that brought up the video of TTYAATW live in Dublin (Zooropa '93), where Naomi leaves her dance with Bono and plants herself in front of Adam, filming him. I know people hate her but it's a cool moment still.

Putting the Vancouver 2005 clip into context.

Ah, true. The Vancouver clip isn't THAT bad compared to the Babyface incident. At least that wasn't filmed.

I was thinking about this thread today, asides from pulling girls onstage to be cute with, how long ago is it that they last pulled a fan up to play with them? I don't remember any from this tour at all.

On the upside, doing a YouTube search on that brought up the video of TTYAATW live in Dublin (Zooropa '93), where Naomi leaves her dance with Bono and plants herself in front of Adam, filming him. I know people hate her but it's a cool moment still.

"... a woman needs a fish like Clayton needs a handy-cam..." :lmao: And it was a cool moment. :up: Thanks for mentioning it - I'd never seen the clip before.

Ah, true. The Vancouver clip isn't THAT bad compared to the Babyface incident. At least that wasn't filmed.

I was thinking about this thread today, asides from pulling girls onstage to be cute with, how long ago is it that they last pulled a fan up to play with them? I don't remember any from this tour at all.

Angel Of Harlem - Berlin

Bono brought three guys onstage to play Angel of Harlem in Berlin! Edge, Adam and Larry all had an unexpected tea break!

Bono tossed the microphone to a fan in the crowd to sing Sunday Bloody Sunday in Raleigh last year. And brought a fan, Amp, up on stage to sing Sunday Bloody Sunday somewhere, Washington maybe ...? Or Phoenix?

Was there no-one at all onstage in Europe this year? (Apart from the Russian and Turkish legends.) Maybe Bono's being careful cos of his convalescence.

It wasn't SBS @ Raleigh last year, Cathal... the guy sang a bit of People Get Ready. Did a fair job of it, too. :up:

Yes, it was the DC show that Bono pulled Amp up. I was helping Amp hold his flag.

It wasn't SBS @ Raleigh last year, Cathal... the guy sang a bit of People Get Ready. Did a fair job of it, too. :up:

Ah, yeah, that sorta jogs some kinda fading memory! I wasn't at the Raleigh gig, but was outside listening to it and watching the screen on a hill overlooking the stadium. Did they sing People Get Ready during Sunday Bloody Sunday? Or have I got that bit *completely* wrong?!

Bono brought three guys onstage to play Angel of Harlem in Berlin! Edge, Adam and Larry all had an unexpected tea break!

Bono tossed the microphone to a fan in the crowd to sing Sunday Bloody Sunday in Raleigh last year. And brought a fan, Amp, up on stage to sing Sunday Bloody Sunday somewhere, Washington maybe ...? Or Phoenix?

Was there no-one at all onstage in Europe this year? (Apart from the Russian and Turkish legends.) Maybe Bono's being careful cos of his convalescence.

Ah that's much more than I remember, thanks. :)

I didn't know that about him tossing the mic in, pretty cool. :up:

Ah, yeah, that sorta jogs some kinda fading memory! I wasn't at the Raleigh gig, but was outside listening to it and watching the screen on a hill overlooking the stadium. Did they sing People Get Ready during Sunday Bloody Sunday? Or have I got that bit *completely* wrong?!

It wasn't done as a snippet - meaning, it was done in between songs, not during one. I can't remember exactly, but seems like it was done just after SBS.

It wasn't done as a snippet - meaning, it was done in between songs, not during one. I can't remember exactly, but seems like it was done just after SBS.

Well, we're both right, and both wrong! It was indeed People Get Ready, but it was indeed during Sunday Bloody Sunday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeFo_0FiJ4o&feature=related

"I'm gonna throw you this, now you sing it, be cool"

Bono clearly didn't know the words!

Back
Top Bottom