General Sale March 30th for Chicago, Toronto, Boston, New York + PRESALE 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ack! What's this wait time thing that keeps coming up and keeps increasing! It says I'll "lose my place in line" if I refresh but I feel like i'm losing it anyway!

It depends on the total showtime and the venue's curfew. Let's say the shows are 2:15 each -- if the venue's curfew is 11 pm, they'll go on at 8:40. If it's 11:30, they'll go on at 9:10.

Curfew could be imposed by the town as a noise ordinance, or it could just be the point at which you start paying overtime to union workers. Playing past curfew is very expensive in most US venues. I've seen bands stop mid-song and run off stage in order to avoid the costs.

Thanks, the reason I asked is that I have a holiday ends at 7:30 pm, and the ticket says "starts at 7 pm." But If U2 really doesn't go on before 8:30 I shouldn't miss any of the show hopefully. I got tickets just in case.

The person answering the phone at TM has no idea if/when a 2nd show will be added.

That's probably more accurate than June! Also probably means that it won't get added today, because usually they can see in the system that another show is on deck if the onsale is imminent.

wow congrats Lies, I'm glad SOMEONE got something!!!! :hug:

how fast did you get in?

Super fucking fast. I did not mess around. I had a clock sitting next to my browser, showing me the second count. I hit F5 right at 11am and it instantly refreshed but was still not open so I hit it again. I did a practice run this morning with Boston, and as I said this is the fifth presale/sale I've done now just for this show (Horizon w/ friend, Bears, Boots, SMG, general) so my hand can pull the number and the location even if I'm unconscious. My wait time was less than a minute. I received a confirmation e-mail at 11:01am.

i don't get how i keep getting bumped on TM's wait time. First it said 2 min, then it climbed up to 4 min, 7 min, 8 min... and then it goes down. Who or what the heck is able to bump me off like that? Do the scalpers trick the system to get them to the front of the line? I wanna know the secret!

If you buy property next to a GIANT stadium....you probably own a set of earplugs anyway...
I've been to enough shows at GS to tell you that curfew there is usually 11:30. There's no one who lives within a couple of miles of it; it's surrounded by swampland. Bruce played *much* later last summer (ended at 12:30 am or thereabouts) at a GS show that started about two hours late because of a total clusterf*** of a tractor trailer accident on the main NJ Turnpike offramp to the stadium complex.

Scott Stadium, on the other hand, is on the campus of UVA and will likely punish anyone who plays past 11. It really depends on the venue.

the speed at which GAs sell out for North America is just mind-boggling

Super fucking fast. I did not mess around. I had a clock sitting next to my browser, showing me the second count. I hit F5 right at 11am and it instantly refreshed but was still not open so I hit it again. I did a practice run this morning with Boston, and as I said this is the fifth presale/sale I've done now just for this show (Horizon w/ friend, Bears, Boots, SMG, general) so my hand can pull the number and the location even if I'm unconscious. My wait time was less than a minute. I received a confirmation e-mail at 11:01am.

:applaud: Good for you!

Just for shits and giggles I tried again and got this after I typed in the security word:

"An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #95.941ff648.1238425708.0"

Two GA's for Chicago too! I guess the $50 U2.com memberships was worth it after all. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom