General Sale March 30th for Chicago, Toronto, Boston, New York + PRESALE 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
after i got in the system booted me cuz i had multiple browsers open...anyone ever had that happen with ticketbastard. i ALWAYS use multiples
yes, they're getting smarter, this happened to me in the presale (i figured using the code at the same time tipped them off) but didn't hurt me cause NY GA was already sold out for boots, :angry:. if i use multiples this time it's 2 browsers, and the 2nd not logged into my TM account cause that could be a way for them to catch you.

I agree. If we don't see the second show shortly, tickets won't go on sale today.

That said, U2 should capitalize on the momentum of the quick sell-out and at least announce a second show today....and then set-up presales this week, and make the general onsale next Monday.

I'm wondering if I should grab some Chicago tickets to trade with people. If they would just add the second show (don't even have to sell it now) I could relax, go to class and plan ahead.

after i got in the system booted me cuz i had multiple browsers open...anyone ever had that happen with ticketbastard. i ALWAYS use multiples

doesn't work anymore. even if you have two separate computers on same IP. it'll transfer one screen to the other. it's creepy.

Probably b/c they access files, cookies, stored data, etc in the same place, so you can't be at different places in the process at the same time using multiples of the same browser. I've used two different ones (FireFox and IE) with no problems.

i have used multiples of same browser in the past and had success.

but today i was using IE and firefox when i got that message

Just take one look at ebay if you want to know who grabbed all those GA tickets for GS.

Its such BS, the entire business needs to be scrapped, and scalping like this is technically against the law in Massachusetts.

I got my GA's for 9-20....but where's the 2nd show for Boston ?? ...on vertigo they added the shows for a 10:40 on sale time

Such bullshit. Go take a look at TicketsNow.com and see where Ticketmaster and scalpers are raking in the gold. They're selling sets of 14 fucking GAs. So obvious there was foul play at work.

Like most other people I was in for NY at 10:00:00, and got the no GAs available screen at 10:00:30. After that, forget it. They'll add 2nd shows in both NY and Boston but just maybe not today.

FYI, other than Honolulu, I haven't bought tickets on the first day of sale in seemingly forever, and the Hawaii show was the sort where I didn't feel comfortable buying plane tickets without concert tickets in hand. (Actually, come to think of it, I didn't really buy those first day either; I bought on the first day of the resale after the postponement. But I digress...) The last couple of tours I've gotten GAs through TicketMobster either the day before or day of, so my advice to everyone is to just be patient. There is *always* a drop, and for these shows the drops will likely be huge when the set up the stage and see where there are obstructions.

There's no logic in this.....

Not everyone gets their tickets online or over the phone....

So what they are doing if they do not put additional dates on sale today is seriously inconveniencing those who camp out at box office outlets and in addition they are allowing the scalpers and U2.com members to "re-load" in preparation for another possible pre-sale.

I'm a member, and I have 2 tickets left I can still get in another pre-sale.

This is unheard of. Every tour I can think of...all shows were added and put on sale the same day as the original show.

It also appears as though they have added two more cities today....

For a stadium show to sell out this quickly so fast, you know the scalpers were in full force. But thanks to them, we're assured of additional dates and they are in for a rude awakening when they can't sell the tickets.

God I hope you're right...

I was thinking they must have expected Giants to sell out because many people as far north as CT, and as far south as Delaware, Philadelphia, Penn State only have Giants stadium as their option since they're NOT playing in Philly! :angry: Sorry, still upset about that... I hope U2 can work out a schedule for a 2nd show in NJ. We desperately need it...

I don't understand why they immediately put up 2 TO shows on sale but they haven't even announced for some other cities. Weird.

Anyone have a good educated guess as to when U2 will actually start their performance at these shows? I know it's speculation but i'm still curious...

There is *always* a drop, and for these shows the drops will likely be huge when the set up the stage and see where there are obstructions.

For PopMart Toronto, I had floor seats in section C4.....all the seats were removed for the soundboard area, so the nice lady gave me dead centre A4 floor seats right on the floor. best of the best section!

I don't understand why they immediately put up 2 TO shows on sale but they haven't even announced for some other cities. Weird.
Maybe because the stadium is smaller than the others, so they felt more confident about selling out?

Though with the scalper action today, they should have been perfectly confident in selling out the others.... :mad:

four minutes to Chicago....im thinking im hosed...im guessin ill be in the first few seconds and GA's will be sold out....hopefully I can grab some decent seats behind the stage

Anyone have a good educated guess as to when U2 will actually start their performance at these shows? I know it's speculation but i'm still curious...
It depends on the total showtime and the venue's curfew. Let's say the shows are 2:15 each -- if the venue's curfew is 11 pm, they'll go on at 8:40. If it's 11:30, they'll go on at 9:10.

Curfew could be imposed by the town as a noise ordinance, or it could just be the point at which you start paying overtime to union workers. Playing past curfew is very expensive in most US venues. I've seen bands stop mid-song and run off stage in order to avoid the costs.

Back
Top Bottom