GA Discussion / Camera policies, etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
damn. I was hoping to take my chances with the lottery in vegas and phoenix and camp in LA...i guess all my plans are scrapped and need to be reassessed :|

I've been doing GA for many many concerts and I'm familiar with this procedure. Lining up early always brought me into the front of stage area. Last tour, it was ok to arrive in the early afternoon. It's always nice to hand around, talk with fans, share the excitement. When the gates are opening, things tend to get a little rough, but OF COURSE you have to run, no one just "walks" in. That's part of the excitement of being at a big concert. This system is best, IMO. Everyone can decide whether they want to come early or not. With this stage, I'm sure you'll still have a good view if you're several rows back. I think it would be best to be standing at the catwalk, outside the circle, because you have the best view from there. On the other hand, being in the circle means you get a wristband and can be relaxed. If it's too tight for you, you can go back and have space to move around. I don't see many problems with that system. The only thing that could go wrong is keeping the line(s) organised during the day. I've seen some really nasty scenes outside of stadiums. However, if everyone behaves and security know how to do their jobs, it should all work. For the Vertigo shows, at least the ones I attended, there were always more than 1 line, there were always more than 1 gates.

I did GA in Dublin in '05. Wife and I got there around noon, we were about 200 back or so. Had perfect position by the ramp, no problem. Somehow I sincerely doubt that there will be thousands of fans (at least at the Rose Bowl show) queuing up ahead of time.

So, if you read the whole GA rules, the stadiums will NOT allow camping out anywhere near the stadium - or at least around the stadium. So for anyone out there thinking that they are going to form "secret lines".....got news for you....not gonna happen. I know many, many people on here and other sites that have already decided that we will not honor any "un official lines" that people will attempt to form. Once that 9:00 a.m. line rule goes into affect...it will be first come first serve. I hope you can run fast!!!! The old system isn't going to fly. There is a new excitement here and a new fresh idea of fairness.
No lining up close by without others knowing, no lining up across the street (not gonna be allowed). They are cracking down big time! I am just happy I will get a good nights sleep. I know if me and my group of friends show up at 9:00 and someone runs to tell us there is a line already formed somewhere a block away, there will be hundreds who will follow the U2 rules, NOT the fan rules.
good luck and wear shoes you can run in. It will be a new excitement!!!! Glad to hear U2 is doing this!
YEAH!!!!!

:up: that sounds fair :)

Shoes you can run in? It's that kind of madness that turned my wife off to going to see U2 live again...She got knocked over as some mad jackass was trying to get "on the rail," or some bullshit like that while we were calmly following instructions and entering the arena for the Elevation show she went to...Only issue was that she was pregnant at the time. Yes, yes, you take risks going to any concert- but no one should be endangered by morons who lose all rational common sense...To those who will be pushing, running and shoving to get a better spot: break a leg! or an ankle! or whatever!

Camping or not, lining up at 9:00 or not, I hope stuff is organized and civilized, that's all I'm sayin'

It'll be intriguing to see how those lined up in Barcelona before 9 AM will be handled...

afraid to say it was like that at the stadium gig i went to last tour - it was especially traumatic because one of the gates opened a few minutes after the other gates opened, and it was the gate where the first fans had been camping out since the night before, and all hell let loose, close-on riot resulting in a dangerous crush against the closed gate! when security finally opened the gate people were going crazy and pushing and shoving their way thru - it was pretty scary i have to say... and then once thru the gates, everyone ran... the merchandise stall holders were standing on the side lines cheering everyone on just like at the races - mental!

i don't know how it'll go down in the States, but i'm expecting to have to run again in Europe...

Word is on the street that there are 1.500 people allowed to the FOS - and that all available whristbands were already been given out.

Word is on the street that there are 1.500 people allowed to the FOS - and that all available whristbands were already been given out.

I don't believe it. 1500 doesn't sound much for FOS. But since it's afternoon in Barca and fans began lining up very early there is a chance that FOS wristbands are already out.

I wouldn't worry to much. From all I've seen and heard, FOS isn't the only option, it might not even be the best place to stand.

Suddenly....My Chicago Red Zone Tickets don't seem like such a bad investment---(Not that they ever were a bad investment...sometimes I just questioned my sanity...)

I have a feeling on how they'll do it in Houston. The gates to the parking lot won't be open until the time they want people to line up, so wait in your car nearby and time it perfectly.

This is why i got my wife expensive seats she can sit and enjoy bono. I will fight the GA line hahahaha. Oh man this means i got to be in line at 9. I was thinking of coming only at noon so thats 2 days off from work now :wave:

will you save me a spot at the Rose Bowl? kthx! :sexywink:

Me too :wink: please!

Wow! I am very excited to see how this all plays out! I'll be doing my first GA for the Rose Bowl.........solo :ohmy: and now I am very nervous after reading all of this!!!

I will take my chances though and show up in the am, no overnight for me. I can't imagine hundreds lined up here in the US the night before.........but that is just my wishful thinking too :wink:

:grouphug: Rose Bowl GA !!! :bump:

no lottery, no camping out, I'll just show up an hour before the gates open and rush into the circle...ha ha suckers. also line numbers mean NOTHING. its first come fastest served.

Suuuuure. You bring that to Toronto :lmao:

I like how the shots seem to taken at people in the forums who line up. Nice.

The line busters need to chill. This isn't a new policy, U2 has never officially sanctioned overnight lines and numbers, and we still do our thing.

The line busters need to remember that for every one of them, there are 10 or more able bodied people (and some more than others ;)) who have respectfully lined up and will have an 'over my fucking dead body' attitude to any jackasses who try to jump queue. It's gonna happen in a few cases, no doubt, but by far the majority of us will be in just fine.

As for differences in North America vs Europe..I'm fairly confident that it won't be dangerous rioting and pandemonium in Toronto. We're fairly civilized here, we'll get on alright ;)

Giants stadium lets you camp in the parking lot I believe, or at least they did in 2001. There is a lot less space now. I remember getting nearly crushed during the mad rush to the heart. I guess if the inner circle is twice as big, it should be no problem.

but...what if you can't get a rail spot on the inside, and you want a rail spot on the outside -- will they not let you stay on the outside until the inside fills up?

I believe once you are let into the stadium you can choose to go to a spot wherever you wish. Stand back by the sound board if you want. You do not HAVE to go into the inner circle should you choose NOT to, I doubt they will force you. You probably don't even need to line up "early" if you choose to see the show from the "outer" rail vs. and "inner" rail.

Giants stadium lets you camp in the parking lot I believe, or at least they did in 2001. There is a lot less space now. I remember getting nearly crushed during the mad rush to the heart. I guess if the inner circle is twice as big, it should be no problem.

I don't think U2 played Giants Stadium in 2001. The "heart" in a N.A. arena accommodated about 300 ppl. vs. the 360 "inner circle" which can accommodate close to 3,000 so 10 times as many.

So.. has anyone ever tried to get in through a different entrance?

I'm with a party of four, but I'm the only one with a different entrance. Seeing as we want to be in line early it's a really bad option to go to a different entrance since we will not end up at the same spot that way. I'm still considering entering with them but what if I get picked out because I've the wrong entrance? Will they really not allow me?

So.. has anyone ever tried to get in through a different entrance?

I'm with a party of four, but I'm the only one with a different entrance. Seeing as we want to be in line early it's a really bad option to go to a different entrance since we will not end up at the same spot that way. I'm still considering entering with them but what if I get picked out because I've the wrong entrance? Will they really not allow me?

U2.com says there will only be one line, so it looks like you'll just be all in through one gate

U2.com says there will only be one line, so it looks like you'll just be all in through one gate

i dunno - maybe that will depend on the venue... Stade de France has got several different gates, and the specific gate is printed on the ticket...

Back
Top Bottom