GA Discussion / Camera policies, etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally Posted by Blue Room View Post
I think this system is a recipe for disaster at least in N. America. Anyone remember San Diego first leg Elevation??? Now multiply it about 10 to 15 more thousand people rushing to get into the circle. YIKES The line Nazi's will be back in full force again (although they never quite went away. ).

I'm glad I'm done with GA. Vertigo was one of my most enjoyable tours. I didn't do GA once! Don't get me wrong, its cool when you get right up front. But the stress, panic, nerves, hostility that happen when that line starts moving. No thank you! I hope it works though for those of you that are on the field though. Good luck!
aye I remember San Diego all too well. It could have ended up very nasty.

aye I remember San Diego all too well. It could have ended up very nasty.

This makes me very nervous to do GA.

but...what if you can't get a rail spot on the inside, and you want a rail spot on the outside -- will they not let you stay on the outside until the inside fills up?

I'm wicked excited that there's no lottery. It's always kinda heartbreaking to be in the front of the line all day and then still be on the outside of the "circle/heart/whatever".

The no camping thing will be interesting. I'm hoping people keep it cool and work on the self numbering system that worked in some cities on Vertigo.

We'll all just have to wait and see how it goes regarding the lines, entry, and potential chaos that very well may ensue...As for me, my fat ass will be contently sitting on concrete for several hours before the Oct. 20 show...As far as no camping out beforehand, good freaking luck...Barcelona's current situation is testimony to that. So people were camping out not the night before, but the morning of the day before the show??? Insane

We'll all just have to wait and see how it goes regarding the lines, entry, and potential chaos that very well may ensue...As for me, my fat ass will be contently sitting on concrete for several hours before the Oct. 20 show...As far as no camping out beforehand, good freaking luck...Barcelona's current situation is testimony to that. So people were camping out not the night before, but the morning of the day before the show??? Insane

People were camped out two days before the Honolulu show, I seem to remember.

no lottery, no camping out, I'll just show up an hour before the gates open and rush into the circle...ha ha suckers. also line numbers mean NOTHING. its first come fastest served.

no lottery, no camping out, I'll just show up an hour before the gates open and rush into the circle...ha ha suckers. also line numbers mean NOTHING. its first come fastest served.

Please don't knock me down as you run past.

Come on now, that kind of stuff belongs at an AC/DC concert, for Christ's sake!!! U2 fans are civilized and above all that sort of behavior (yeah, right)
:bump:

^^^There'll be a lot of this once the chaos begins......

Um, OK... Like that will happen... No one will camp.. Sure... :doh:
So, if you read the whole GA rules, the stadiums will NOT allow camping out anywhere near the stadium - or at least around the stadium. So for anyone out there thinking that they are going to form "secret lines".....got news for you....not gonna happen. I know many, many people on here and other sites that have already decided that we will not honor any "un official lines" that people will attempt to form. Once that 9:00 a.m. line rule goes into affect...it will be first come first serve. I hope you can run fast!!!! The old system isn't going to fly. There is a new excitement here and a new fresh idea of fairness.
No lining up close by without others knowing, no lining up across the street (not gonna be allowed). They are cracking down big time! I am just happy I will get a good nights sleep. I know if me and my group of friends show up at 9:00 and someone runs to tell us there is a line already formed somewhere a block away, there will be hundreds who will follow the U2 rules, NOT the fan rules.
good luck and wear shoes you can run in. It will be a new excitement!!!! Glad to hear U2 is doing this!
YEAH!!!!!

So, if you read the whole GA rules, the stadiums will NOT allow camping out anywhere near the stadium - or at least around the stadium. So for anyone out there thinking that they are going to form "secret lines".....got news for you....not gonna happen. I know many, many people on here and other sites that have already decided that we will not honor any "un official lines" that people will attempt to form. Once that 9:00 a.m. line rule goes into affect...it will be first come first serve. I hope you can run fast!!!! The old system isn't going to fly. There is a new excitement here and a new fresh idea of fairness.
No lining up close by without others knowing, no lining up across the street (not gonna be allowed). They are cracking down big time! I am just happy I will get a good nights sleep. I know if me and my group of friends show up at 9:00 and someone runs to tell us there is a line already formed somewhere a block away, there will be hundreds who will follow the U2 rules, NOT the fan rules.
good luck and wear shoes you can run in. It will be a new excitement!!!! Glad to hear U2 is doing this!
YEAH!!!!!

You and your friends will be several hundred people back. Fine with me.

850. wowza. No chance theres that many lining up in the states the night before....

well shooooor

I guess we will have to have to see how it goes in America. Hey, if I hear lines are forming...I am there dude. I would personally like to see no overnights. Don't be hatin for that. If lines form....well they form.. if not...good for me and many others. Just opinions...that's all man. It's all good, dude. We'll all have fun brother, no matter what.

So, if you read the whole GA rules, the stadiums will NOT allow camping out anywhere near the stadium - or at least around the stadium.

That's what they said on the Vertigo tour, too, but I camped out overnight outside the stadium with a huge group of people for the San Diego show.

:shrug:

YEAH!!!!!

Shoes you can run in? It's that kind of madness that turned my wife off to going to see U2 live again...She got knocked over as some mad jackass was trying to get "on the rail," or some bullshit like that while we were calmly following instructions and entering the arena for the Elevation show she went to...Only issue was that she was pregnant at the time. Yes, yes, you take risks going to any concert- but no one should be endangered by morons who lose all rational common sense...To those who will be pushing, running and shoving to get a better spot: break a leg! or an ankle! or whatever!

Camping or not, lining up at 9:00 or not, I hope stuff is organized and civilized, that's all I'm sayin'

It'll be intriguing to see how those lined up in Barcelona before 9 AM will be handled...

Last edited:
oh yeah...

still, I don't think there will be that many people for any show at 7 a.m. in the US.

what do you think?

Well, at the last show in Hawaii... there were probably about 1500, maybe 2000 in line by 8:00am. I think.... I got in line about 8-ish.... But if that's the case, we'd still be in the inner circle I would imagine :hmm:

time zone

Yes.. Barcelona is about 8 hours ahead. Anxious to see how many people got there early. Current time is 7:10 a.m. How many allowed in pit?

I guess we will have to have to see how it goes in America. Hey, if I hear lines are forming...I am there dude. I would personally like to see no overnights. Don't be hatin for that. If lines form....well they form.. if not...good for me and many others. Just opinions...that's all man. It's all good, dude. We'll all have fun brother, no matter what.

I agree, totally. Overnightin' will be tough on my body. This is probably the last time I'm doing this many GA shows. But as long as I have GA tix, I need to take advantage of them. If I see a line forming, I gotta join it.

Back
Top Bottom