GA Discussion / Camera policies, etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't see the police being too happy to have hundreds of fans (most of them strangers to the cities) roaming around the streets near the stadiums. There will be some places where that just won't be all that safe.

That's true - and just so you know, downtown Toronto is very, very unsafe - I suggest you stay away until at least 10am the next morning!

:wink:

:lol: Good point. I personally wouldn't mind hanging out all day meeting fans.. I just think I'll be too wiped out by the time the show starts. I'd rather enjoy the show several rows back instead of wishing it would end soon :crack:

Didn't I read somewhere the inner circle holds 3000 people? If so, you could probably show up early afternoon and still get a spot in there, which is wonderful because you get a wristband that allows you to come and go as you please.

about the "no camping rule." Nothing will change. There are 450 waiting in in Barcelona. They were not asked to move.

Yep, the line is already well formed and is right on the sidewalk next to the stadium, exactly where the Vertigo tour line was. It's like a mini city has been forming out there since this morning.

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!

-dan

•We ask that these ticket holders proceed in an orderly fashion as to not risk injury to one's self or others.

"We ask that these ticket holders proceed in an orderly fashion as to not risk injury to one's self or others"

This cracks me up.... of course I'll play my life and risk other's to get in the inner circle...:reject:

hmmm i find this very interesting..... Yeah, I don't see how they can keep that many people away from the venue the nite before.. And with whats happening now in Barcelona well...

about the "no camping rule." Nothing will change. There are 450 waiting in in Barcelona. They were not asked to move.
How confusing it must be for those 450 fans lying in front of a stadium pronounced "camp now" while on the other hand being ordered not to camp now. :scratch:

it was "no camping" for the US arena tour last night, too. didn't mean a thing. this is most likely a CYA statement.

"We ask that these ticket holders proceed in an orderly fashion as to not risk injury to one's self or others"

This cracks me up.... of course I'll play my life and risk other's to get in the inner circle...:reject:

Me too. I'm bringing a Ferrari to the show - that'll get me across the field real quick. Outta my way, suckas!

:yes:

•We plan on allowing General Admission/Field patrons to begin queuing at the venue entrances between 9:00am - 12pm on SHOW DAYS. This time will be based on local authority's regulations. We will try to post these times on the website once we get this information.

Wait so I know that means we cannot camp outside but they are not allowing any lines to 9 AM?

So I cant come at 5 AM in the morning? :scratch:

Didn't I read somewhere the inner circle holds 3000 people? If so, you could probably show up early afternoon and still get a spot in there, which is wonderful because you get a wristband that allows you to come and go as you please.

Maybe 1000-1500 will have a great view inside the circle. The rest will probably have a side view. We'll have to see reviews from tomorrow's show.

I think this system is a recipe for disaster at least in N. America. Anyone remember San Diego first leg Elevation??? Now multiply it about 10 to 15 more thousand people rushing to get into the circle. YIKES The line Nazi's will be back in full force again (although they never quite went away. ;) ).

I'm glad I'm done with GA. Vertigo was one of my most enjoyable tours. I didn't do GA once! :) Don't get me wrong, its cool when you get right up front. But the stress, panic, nerves, hostility that happen when that line starts moving. No thank you! I hope it works though for those of you that are on the field though. Good luck!

I think this system is a recipe for disaster at least in N. America. Anyone remember San Diego first leg Elevation??? Now multiply it about 10 to 15 more thousand people rushing to get into the circle. YIKES The line Nazi's will be back in full force again (although they never quite went away. ;) ).

I'm glad I'm done with GA. Vertigo was one of my most enjoyable tours. I didn't do GA once! :) Don't get me wrong, its cool when you get right up front. But the stress, panic, nerves, hostility that happen when that line starts moving. No thank you! I hope it works though for those of you that are on the field though. Good luck!

aye I remember San Diego all too well. It could have ended up very nasty.

GA Pit Instructions Posted

Is there a thread covering the que for the Barcelona show and what's going on there? Are there actually 450 people in line? If not a thread, is there somewhere to watch for updates? I'm just curious as to how it's all proceeding.

It will be interesting to see whether these rules actually stick consistently for the tour...

Back
Top Bottom