For those of you who saw the Winter Olympics Closing Ceremony....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think we (Canada) stole anything from U2. The spiral thing was all fabric and projected on. If anything, the Canadian spiral was much more versatile than U2's LED light cylinder.

Great 'shop, Sicy!

Oh, right.

u2olympics.jpg

Big, beefy Edge.... :ohmy: :heart:

:giggle:

u2olympics.jpg
[/QUOTE]
This is very cool. Obviously the boys flew WAY under the radar if they won at both Salt Lake AND Vancouver. I did read this however...
Bono- first interview afer winning the metal: "thanks for giving us a great life".
Cheers,

^ The pic makes me long for the uniforms of ZooTV days, back when U2 should have formed their own country that could have then competed in the Olympics.

(and great job Sicy, right down to the angle of the heads in the turtlenecks :up::up::up:)

The original subject matter of this thread has me wondering-

Can someone sue someone else for "stealing" the idea of a particular stage design?

I mean- There have been many in-the-round stage designs well before THE CLAW was invented.

Foo Fighters
Foo2.jpg

Justin Timberlake
JT1.jpg

Jonas Brothers
jonas1.jpg

Britney Spears
britney2.jpg

Wrestlemania
800px-WMXXIVlive.jpg

What do you guys think?

Hope I'm not stirring up any trouble here.:reject:

Well the general idea is the same but those stage designs look nothing like the Claw (except maybe the last one) so I don't see how any 'suing' can happen. If it were the exact same complete stage setup in all aspects then maybe.

Well the general idea is the same but those stage designs look nothing like the Claw (except maybe the last one) so I don't see how any 'suing' can happen. If it were the exact same complete stage setup in all aspects then maybe.
besides, there are only so many ways to construct a stage with a screen for an in the round configuration.

it's like one car manufacturer suing another for building a box-shaped object with four wheels.

This is very cool. Obviously the boys flew WAY under the radar if they won at both Salt Lake AND Vancouver. I did read this however...
Bono- first interview afer winning the metal: "thanks for giving us a great life".
Cheers,[/QUOTE]

:lol: KA-POW !

U2 never claimed to be inventing the whole "in the round" concept, and the only of those stages that looks remotely similar is the wrestling one.

I can't believe I will admit this, but I saw Whitney Houston and she had the 360 stage as well back in the 90's....or 80's.
That would be pre-crack Whitney btw

Rod Stewart and Celine had "in the round" stadiums for shows in Europe in the mid/late 90's.

Peter Gabriel had a round/spherical/egg shaped projection screen used in his "in the round" stage show in 2002.

Rod Stewart and Celine had "in the round" stadiums for shows in Europe in the mid/late 90's.

Peter Gabriel had a round/spherical/egg shaped projection screen used in his "in the round" stage show in 2002.

Where can I find pics of Rod Stewart's and Peter Gabriel's stage designs from those tours?

I already found some pics from Celine Dion's tour in the General Tour Discussion thread. But I can't find any for Rod Stewart and Peter Gabriel.

Back
Top Bottom