For Scottish u2 fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not in Scotland, but the article seems plausible. The guy has already heard GOYB as well.

"with hardhitting anti-war lyrics" :hmm:

Great news. :up:

Fuck me, this could be the best news ever! I hope to god its true. I'm sacrificing a summer holiday this year so as to try and get to as many U2 gigs as possible - including Dublin hopefully!

It's got to be Edinburgh's turn...... 87, 97, 09.

There's allready 7 gigs lined up for Hampden so that's got to be doubtful.

BTW - Billy Sloan goes back a long way with U2.

There's a large slice of stating the bleedin' obvious sin that article.

U2 will tour this summer.....I think we all knew that.

U2 will play in Scotland.....We would be most offended if they didn't.

U2 will play stadiums.....duh!

U2 will play either Hampden or Murrayfield......The only big stadiums in Scotland currently putting on gigs with any regularity.

I agree that it is probably Edinburgh's turn, mainly because Murrayfield is walking distance from my flat!

Fuck me, this could be the best news ever! I hope to god its true. I'm sacrificing a summer holiday this year so as to try and get to as many U2 gigs as possible - including Dublin hopefully!

Great news! When the tour comes round I'm packing my bags and trekking round the country for the entire UK/Irish leg! The more UK dates the merrier, need to make up for lost time having seen the band just once in my 19 years!

Aye...he has a healthy relationship with u2. I remember Bono personally thanking him on the second Glasgow date on Elevation Tour.

Man...I hope its more than one date. Am taking my oldest to his first u2 gig hopefully, be great to take him to two shows. And...if the article is correct....Zoo Tv was the Biggest stadium tour they have done in uk, and us Scots got two back to back shows then.........so............heres hoping:drool:

Man...I hope its more than one date. Am taking my oldest to his first u2 gig hopefully, be great to take him to two shows. And...if the article is correct....Zoo Tv was the Biggest stadium tour they have done in uk, and us Scots got two back to back shows then.........so............heres hoping:drool:

Just realised the article says gigS, as in plural. Wow, that would be something.

How sad is working this out.....at Hampden Park, this summer:

Take That - 19, 20, 21 June

AC/DC - 30 June

The Eagles - 4 July

Scotland v Macedonia - 5 September

Scotland v Netherlands - 9 September

Coldplay - 16 September

That's one heck of a gap between 4 July and 5 September. If rumours of a tour start in late June in Spain are true, it would seem to make sense to have UK gigs maybe in late July?

So far as I can tell, the only gig at Murrayfield this year is Oasis on 17 June.

It's got to be Edinburgh's turn...... 87, 97, 09.

There's allready 7 gigs lined up for Hampden so that's got to be doubtful.

I have to admit...I prefer Murrayfield Stadium over Hamden Stadium for gigs if they must play stadiums. But then there is also Ibrox and Celtic Park too. Still think my suggestion of a gig on the Shores of Loch Ness....just like the rockNess festival, would be a break from the norm and a great setting.

Anyone know if Glasgow Council has ever imposed any restrictions on the amount of gigs at Hampden ?

Just a thought.... I wonder if the stage will be "in the round" ? That would suit Murrayfield...

Anyone know if Glasgow Council has ever imposed any restrictions on the amount of gigs at Hampden ?

Just a thought.... I wonder if the stage will be "in the round" ? That would suit Murrayfield...

Eh...what does "in the round" mean? I didnt like Hampden for Vertigo tour, coz they had the stage along one side...instead of at one end of the stadium. Didnt like that for some reason.

Oh...and i hope theres no booze on sale also. cant be aresd wi pissheads throwing their drinks

Last edited:
Eh...what does "in the round" mean? I didnt like Hampden for Vertigo tour, coz they had the stage along one side...instead of at one end of the stadium. Didnt like that for some reason.

Oh...and i hope theres no booze on sale also. cant be aresd wi pissheads throwing their drinks

For some reason, it's fairly standard at Hampden for the stage to be along one side. Don't why, possibly related to facilities/ability to get the feck out of dodge after the gig?

There will always be booze, but it was worse at the Vertigo show waiting outside in the queue as pissheads kept pushing. We were pretty close to the front at one of the turnstiles and there was regular surges in the 30 mins or so before the gates opened. Once inside, it was ok, but then again we were against a barrier.

I would prefer Murrayfield even though it's futher away for me. Hampden is a bad place to view anything, including football. I agree about what you said regarding it being along one side rather than at the end of the pitch. I saw Oasis and their stage was at the end of the traditional Celtic/away end and it made for better viewing and atmosphere.

That said, as long as they come I will be there.

I hope they play murrayfield this time,to much echo at hampden. Infact im going to see oasis at murrayfield this year,what about a joint gig!?:drool:lol

Lucky you, not so keen on their last albums but a great live act. Just a pity all the wee neds they attract. I saw them at Murrayfield around about 96 or 97. Do you think poor Liam's ego could handle playing second fiddle? psml

Sunday Mail are reporting that U2 will play Hampden on Tues August 18th. Hampden sucks (should have been Murrayfields turn) but thankfully it won't be the longest day this time !

Back
Top Bottom