Edge's Microphone:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no same forum, I think what I said was rather pro, and calm and good natured, nothing rotten.

You people take yourself way to serious. I will continue to post cause I am a U2 fan, and like to discuss off topics.... but you all act like children. I am just having fun, and not slamming the band, or making horrible statements.

I tried to give an olive branch, but ok - nobody cares. Fine.

Civil? You said I made gay slurs and shit before, hardly!? I even said can't we agree to disagree!?!

You can't be serious!?!?!

no same forum, I think what I said was rather pro, and calm and good natured, nothing rotten.

You people take yourself way to serious. I will continue to post cause I am a U2 fan, and like to discuss off topics.... but you all act like children. I am just having fun, and not slamming the band, or making horrible statements.

I tried to give an olive branch, but ok - nobody cares. Fine.

There you go with that irony thing again...

Civil? You said I made gay slurs and shit before, hardly!? I even said can't we agree to disagree!?!

You can't be serious!?!?!

Uhm, I believe that was BVS, but either way, you did. So that's not uncivilised, that's actually stating a fact.
And I doubt it, because you want to desperately have me look like the bad guy here.

Very serious.

finally, something we can agree on

Agreed. :wink:

Irony, gee...U2 have no irony do they...

So, I can have an opinion on Edge's Mic or Adam's outfit as long as it meets the U2 fandom here? Again, what I said was quite pedestrian. You all take it as cutting drama. I just thought others might agree...so, the majority don't? OK, fine.

Moving on. Can't we just be ONE now?

Well, it's not the opinion you have, it's the way you state it.

There's nothing wrong with being critical on the band, or saying you do not like the Edge's mic. But the fact that you said it was whimpy and calling Edge a gay leatherman, THAT is what I have a problem with.

Interesting you're playing victim's role now.

No way did I say anything bad about gays:

I mentioned Edge's Gay Leatherman look during POP, and that his current watch reminded me of that.

I mentioned I wished Adam wear Gucci over his Versace inspired number right now - to which someone incorrectly made a gay assumptions.

Then I had another person claim I was gay do to my handle...cause it sounded like some magazine.

Some world U2 community here. Christ on a crutch.

Sad. I just wanted to talk about some U2 related stuff, even if its not related to the music.

I have having fun, but when someone says I said a gay slur, that is a bit out of line. That's my only beef.

As said, I am fine with being in the minority on the mic.

I am off to get some power converters for my T-16

Y'all quit picking on my new best friend!

(He doesn't want to admit it, but he loves both Daria and me. :shh: )

PS: I don't like Adam's outfit, and will glady accept any scolding from those who would scold me for having an opinion on it. I have no problem with the microphone and will happily point and laugh and mock those who do. It's the internet, y'all!

Daria thinks Edge's microphone is just fine and doesn't see the big deal. Like Edge is suddenly some dancing pop star because he's wearing a headset mic?

Edge is wearing a headset mic so he can walk around the stage more to please his crowd, and apparently that's not very rockstar ish of him to do.

Edge is wearing a headset mic so he can walk around the stage more to please his crowd, and apparently that's not very rockstar ish of him to do.

Rockstars don't come near their stupid, dirty and fashion senseless fanbase.
If possible, they spit on the nearest fans too. :rockon:

FUNCTION beats FORM. It is not 'whimpy' it is funcional, so that Edge can get travel the stage and get closer to more of the audience. To me, that is more important than how it might look to some. A traditional mic may look 'nicer' to you but it does not allow band members to roam the stage and connect and be closer to the audience.

Edge used a headset mic for "Zoo Station" on the Vertigo tour, as did Larry for "Elevation" on the Vertigo tour. I don't remember reading one person gripe about that on any forum.

if the argument is being made here that the headset mic helps the band connect with the audience -- U2 has been doing this for years! i would say that the outdoor Elevation shows were by far the most intimate stadium gigs of U2's career. they didn't need a bloody headset mic to bring the audience together.

the microphone is not just a piece of equipment, it's an iconic symbol in the world of rock n roll, arguably as much as a guitar or a drum kit. would Roger Daltry or Freddie Mercury be looked at the same way if they wore fucking headset mics? hell, would Bono? i can't imagine watching Sunday Bloody Sunday from Red Rocks without seeing The Edge, hard at work on his guitar, shouting those lyrics into his microphone. watching Edge grab his microphone and sing the falsetto chorus of The Fly is an image that I could never forget. and seeing Bono and Edge share a mic to sing Staring at the Sun, In a Little While, and Satellite of Love is really something special. so yes, a headset mic does allow Edge to run around more. but that classic microphone means so much for the image of U2. Bono certainly would not be the same without a classic microphone (and his legendary mic stand), and Edge is not the same without his classic microphone either.

as for Edge's headset mic use on the Vertigo tour -- i hated it then also, but at least he didn't use it for the entire goddamn show.

It would be weird if Bono had a headset microphone, that much is true. I don't see how it's weird for the backup singer, though.

Personally, I think he should have a mic set up on stage to sing into while wearing the headset mic, so that he can use both as he pleases (like he did on Vertigo encores).

It's not a big deal at all. Using the mic for the whole show is fine. It's something different, and that's OK.

Back
Top Bottom