Edge says "New things" for 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SInce I am seeing them for a second time this tour in Seatle I REALLY hope they play some POP songs!!!! They skipped pop now for two straight tours with the odd exceptions but they BETTER play some thing from POP. Ei MOFO or even Discotheque! ANd play more songs from Zooropa too as well as HMKMKMTM!

Right there with you on this! I loved both those albums and would absolutely love to hear Numb, Lemon, Dirty Day, MOFO, Last Night On Earth... Also haven't heard EBTTRT in a long time. (5/16/01?) Of course, the "take me higher" might be a bit difficult for Bono now. And Lemon, being mostly falsetto, may not be the easiest for him anymore either, although I would love to hear it anyway. Hold Me... would also be phenominal! 90's U2 is what I really grew up on though. So I hope we get something from one of those albums.

This spaceship was built to take us to... ZOOROPA!!!

(i'm going to keep saying it until it happens, i.e. never :wink:)

Nice - love it - yes! We are already seeing the Zooropa baby (or whatever you want to call him) I think it would be tight to have the Zooropa intro playing as the intro to the encore with Zoobaby on the screen. Alas, I doubt we will get Zooropa. :( Not nearly commercial enough.

Nice - love it - yes! We are already seeing the Zooropa baby (or whatever you want to call him) I think it would be tight to have the Zooropa intro playing as the intro to the encore with Zoobaby on the screen. Alas, I doubt we will get Zooropa. :( Not nearly commercial enough.

And Your Blue Room is commercial enough?

It's a little curious that the song HMTMKMKM is playing on the U2.com homepage right now. Maybe a hint of things to come next leg?

GAWD I hope so, I thought 360 was meant to be an all-around showcase of music from their career - even the hated 90's :D

It's a little curious that the song HMTMKMKM is playing on the U2.com homepage right now. Maybe a hint of things to come next leg?

Could very well be, U2 always seem to give out little clues of things to come.

3 weeks ago ticketmaster sent me an email saying your tix have been printed and will be mailed shortly. i still haven't gotten them. anyone know if they send an email when they actually ship the tix?

srry to sidetrack but the anaheim thread looks like its dead, thx...

3 weeks ago ticketmaster sent me an email saying your tix have been printed and will be mailed shortly. i still haven't gotten them. anyone know if they send an email when they actually ship the tix?

srry to sidetrack but the anaheim thread looks like its dead, thx...

You'll find the active Anaheim discussion in this thread.

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...again-in-june-club-203310-22.html#post6554534

You should check this thread to see if other people haven't received their tickets either.

The longest I've ever waited after getting the email saying my tickets had been printed is about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks.

Edge: U2 May Road Test New Songs in 2010

Posted: December 08, 2009
By: Matt McGee
With or without a new album, Edge says some of the band's new material may get played during the U2 360 tour next year.
The news comes from writer Neil McCormick who did a phone interview with Edge today (Tuesday). After the conversation, McCormick shared some details in his Twitter account, including this message:
"OK, quick Edge up date. He's just written a new song. Even if they don't finish new album they might road test new songs..."
Based on other recent reports, the band is still undecided on releasing Songs Of Ascent, working on songs from the Spider-Man musical, or re-visiting songs they worked on in 2006 with Rick Rubin.

Very interesting...

While I don't believe we will get a new album next year, I am pretty excited about what the future holds for the next album, whenever it may be. We have basically 4 different possibilities:

1. The Rubin Sessions
2. The Spiderman Sessions
3. The NLOTH/SOA Sessions leftovers
4. Any new material they have been writing recently

If I know this band, they will probably focus on option #4 for the next album. They tend to want to push forward and not dwell on the past for too long. Now they could pull a HTDAAB and make an album that is a hodge-podge of stuff from all 4 sessions, which could either make for an interestingly diverse album, or just sound like a cut up mess with 5 different producers. An EP (SOA material?) is a possibility for 2010 (much like it was a possibility in 93 to keep the tour's momentum going), but in the end I think U2 are an album band. I say 20% chance of a new album in 2010, 75% of an EP in 2010. Hopefully they put something out, because IMO there is nothing like hearing U2 songs for the first time.

i think this is bad news. my skeptical self kicks in here, after so many years of talk of quick turn arounds with nothing to show - i just don't expect anything soon.

i take this edge quote to mean, we will not get a new album before the tour, and they may do a half-assed acoustic version of a new song once or twice. i hope i am wrong, and will be ecstatic at anything new- but the track record makes it impossible to be optimistic. u2 is has never been about road testing new material- i will believe it when i see it.

I have a feeling next year will be the just like the big opening of the 93 zooropa tour, which for those that forget (or were to little) was the same timegap, and resulted in.....the exact same set

and back then, there was just as much if not more talk like there is this year about "big change" and they actually did record a record in there

And we'll get Jesse!

6a00ccff855d15985d00fae8dd637c000b-500pi.jpg

Have mercy...

i think this is bad news. my skeptical self kicks in here, after so many years of talk of quick turn arounds with nothing to show - i just don't expect anything soon.

i take this edge quote to mean, we will not get a new album before the tour, and they may do a half-assed acoustic version of a new song once or twice. i hope i am wrong, and will be ecstatic at anything new- but the track record makes it impossible to be optimistic. u2 is has never been about road testing new material- i will believe it when i see it.

Yeah, I was getting excited, but this^ really is the reality.

I'd love to see SOA come out and some second night shows get sold, but I seriously doubt it now. Tic Toc.

How about a good old EP? McGuinness recognises that the concept of an album as a single piece of music that people will sit down, savour and listen too is obsolete in many circles these days. Instead they could test the waters, boost the setlist and get some of their stockpile of recordings out there by releasing 3-5 new songs. Zoo TV tour - Zooropa tour was enlivened by the addition of Zooropa, Lemon, Dirty Day, Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car. 360 legs 3, 4 & 5 could benefit in the same way but without a whole new album. Then, if Songs of Ascent is too contemplative for live perfomance, release SoA after the tour.

Last time they wanted to make an EP, it turned into an album. Although Bono only sang 8songs, making it an EP for himself. I think The Edge should sing a song or two on this new album

SMB

Back
Top Bottom