East Lansing Upgrading Tickets an option?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I told my wife to buy 2 $95 tickets for East Lansing when they went onsale, as I had to work. She bought the tickets, and I thought little else about it. I just noticed yesterday that she instead bought the $55 tickets, and not GA... shitty nosebleed seats. Do you think ticketmaster would let me exchange these tickets for $95 ones? I mean, they'd be making MORE money off me than they had before. I know there are $95 tickets available, pretty good ones too.

This will be my only U2 show for 2010, and who knows when my next chance will be after that. A fan of my calibur can't sit up in the nosebleeds with the casuals, I have to get better seats. However, I also can't justify spending $250 per ticket, so $95 is the range for me!

I'd call up Ticketmaster and try. Just explain that your better half did the buying and that she wasn't as familiar with the site and bought the 'wrong' ones. I can't remember what show it was for, but a few years ago I ended up finding much better seats right after I purchased the initial pair for some show. I wasn't thrilled so I called them up right away to see if they could do anything.

Not sure of how much ticketmaster buying experience you have, but I've spent a ridiculous amount with them, and I politely mentioned that when explaining my request. The person I spoke to gave me the predictable 'hold on while I see what I can do'. They then voided the first order with a 'we'll take care of it this one time' and I thanked them profusely. Never hurts to ask :up:

Honestly I think its a long shot that Ticketmaster will let you exchange. I'm pretty sure they're strictly no refunds, returns etc. You could always sell those, and then buy the better tickets.

Honestly I think its a long shot that Ticketmaster will let you exchange. I'm pretty sure they're strictly no refunds, returns etc. You could always sell those, and then buy the better tickets.

I emailed ticketmaster and if that doesn't work, I will call them. If that doesn't work, I am going to just buy the better tickets anyway and hope I can sell the other ones. It's gonna be hard to sell those tickets, though. They aren't very good, and this show isn't exactly impossible to get tickets for.

UPDATE:

I emailed ticketmaster's customer service and told them of my problem. They responded saying "our policy is no cancellations, refunds, exchanges etc etc" at the time of purchase. However, they said they would make a "one time exception" to their policy. They cancelled out my old order, and got me great seats off to Adam's side. I thanked them profusely, as it was a very nice thing for them to do. Nothing like starting the day off in a good mood!!

I think the thing that helped me out was that I wanted to move up to the next price range. They stood to make MORE money off my order then they originally would have, and that's the reason they did this. Money talks...

Getting so excited now! Hoping the next 3 months move swiftly!

You were able to do that because the show has lots of tickets available at all price ranges. Glad to hear Ticketmaster finally accommodated the end user.

Back
Top Bottom