Dress Rehearsal Confirmed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I was looking through Spanish U2 message boards and there were people saying they heard U2 rehearse at Camp Nou: Streets, Pride, and then Unknown Caller, Magnificent, Moment of Surrender. They said they also heard the vocals. And a lot of organ.

Yes, I was looking through Spanish U2 message boards and there were people saying they heard U2 rehearse at Camp Nou: Streets, Pride, and then Unknown Caller, Magnificent, Moment of Surrender. They said they also heard the vocals. And a lot of organ.

I was hoping we had seen the back of Pride.....:doh:

I wouldn't worry about Pride or that being heard. It may just be the techs working through some parts, they tend to stick to the classic songs and one or two newer songs to get a baseline for the sound. The fragmented nature of the rehearsal, a bit of organ, a bass line etc suggests that it's probably the techs doing a run through for the real thing to start tonight or more probably tomorrow.

*fuckyes*

Well I haven't seen a gazillion shows so I wouldn't mind seeing Pride again myself, but at this point they could play Yankee Doodle Dandy and I'd :drool:

Well I haven't seen a gazillion shows so I wouldn't mind seeing Pride again myself, but at this point they could play Yankee Doodle Dandy and I'd :drool:

yeah, it's just one of those songs that's easy to complain about, yet when you're at the show, you're having such a good time, it doesn't matter that they're playing it.

yeah, it's just one of those songs that's easy to complain about, yet when you're at the show, you're having such a good time, it doesn't matter that they're playing it.

I've never seen a U2 show... I personally would welcome singing Oh-Oh-OhOh along with the band and 75,000 other people. Just once.

OMG, for some reason this post gave me goosebumps. I can't believe in two weeks I'm going to see U2. :ohmy:

*fuckyes*

I've never seen a U2 show... I personally would welcome singing Oh-Oh-OhOh along with the band and 75,000 other people. Just once.

:up:

puts it all in perpective....

^ What he they said.

Very true. I've seen U2 plenty of times. And sometimes I wouldn't have minded if they dropped it. But at my last concert in Hawaii I really wanted them to play it. And they did. :)

Yeah, just once would be nice.

:up:

And as much as I'd love for U2 to have a setlist that included God Part II, Dirty Day, Electrical Storm, Wire, Gloria, etc., not gonna happen.

Ugh...I'm happy with everything EXCEPT Pride...I can't stand that overplayed, ridiculously overrated piece of crap. It's my least favorite U2 song. :down:

Otherwise, I'm very happy with everything else so far. :applaud:

Ugh...I'm happy with everything EXCEPT Pride...I can't stand that overplayed, ridiculously overrated piece of crap. It's my least favorite U2 song. :down:

Even worse than J.Swallow, A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel, and Twilight (Demo Version)?

Wow, the poster on u2eastlink said his eyes watered when he heard MOS. :drool:

eta: I need to stop reading u2eastlink. :crack:

Last edited:

Otherwise, I'm very happy with everything else so far. :applaud:

Then you're in the minority. Most people who go to a U2 show aren't hardcore fans that care only about new and rarely played stuff but want to hear the songs that U2 are famous for. These song bring down the house. I'm not a big fan of Pride live either, but I wouldn't want to miss the atmosphere that songs like Pride and Streets create in the stadium. U2 should work out a set that does include classics as well as rarities with some rotation/variation.
I'll never forget hearing Still Haven't Found at the 2005 concert in Vienna when 60.000 people were singing the chorus for minutes after the song had ended. A lot of fans tend to bitch about that and other U2 classics, but it was the highlight of the show, atmosphere-wise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom