Dress Rehearsal Confirmed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today is already one of the best days of my life. Tomorrow would be amazing if I wasn't getting my wisdom teeth out.
Of course, your laughing gas-fueled incoherent ramblings on the setlist party thread will make it all the more amazing for the rest of us. :wink:

Of course, your laughing gas-fueled incoherent ramblings on the setlist party thread will make it all the more amazing for the rest of us. :wink:

Luckily, I believe I won't be on laughing gas tomorrow. General Anesthesia for the win.

are you kidding me? today...of all days, you're going to instruct me on quoting posts?

if there is something in the faq about quoting posts, i missed it. please point me in the right direction

if you have trouble reading my posts...i'll help you: what i'm typing doesn't have the white background, what i'm quoting does.

-dan

Could you PLEASE start quoting the proper way, as in, replying below the quote? It's really hard to read your posts, especially multiquotes. :crack:

are you kidding me? today...of all days, you're going to instruct me on quoting posts?

if there is something in the faq about quoting posts, i missed it. please point me in the right direction

if you have trouble reading my posts...i'll help you: what i'm typing doesn't have the white background, what i'm quoting does.

-dan

Actually, mate, not to be harsh or anything, but it is pretty confusing sometimes when you reply above the quote. Everybody else on the forum replies below the post they're quoting, and especially when you use multi-quote, your posts can be difficult to follow.

Actually, mate, not to be harsh or anything, but it is pretty confusing sometimes when you reply above the quote. Everybody else on the forum replies below the post they're quoting, and especially when you use multi-quote, your posts can be difficult to follow.

I agree. It just disrupts the whole page, it's like reading a book and then finding out certain sections you have to read backwards.

I find myself just skipping over your posts often, especially the multiquotes, not because of content but just because it disrupts the flow.

I'm all for originality, but not if it's form over function.

-dan

No I am not. And what does the day have to do with this?
It's not in the faq, it's common courtesy. I find you quite rude right now while I was just asking a friendly question in behalf of everyone else.

As you can see by the replies I am not the only one who finds your posts quite annoying to read through since you are the only person who constantly quotes the wrong way. Is it that hard to just be like the rest? Why do you want to stand out by this? Negative attention = attention? :huh:

I agree. It just disrupts the whole page, it's like reading a book and then finding out certain sections you have to read backwards.

I find myself just skipping over your posts often, especially the multiquotes, not because of content but just because it disrupts the flow.

I'm all for originality, but not if it's form over function.

wow, i'm glad i'm not the only one struggling with it.

today being the dress rehearsal....everyone is excited about the start of the tour and you start in about quoting posts.

i respond to posts like i respond to e-mail, with what i quote at the bottom. i have always done it this way and i never considered it to be the 'wrong way'. if we're talking about 'rude', i thought it was rude of you to tell me what was the 'proper' way.

and if you think i'm doing it for attention..... :huh:

if you or anyone else wants to give me a hard time about it, i'll go ahead and give you guys the last word. but i'm not going to continue the discussion about quoting posts here.

-dan

No I am not. And what does the day have to do with this?
It's not in the faq, it's common courtesy. I find you quite rude right now while I was just asking a friendly question in behalf of everyone else.

As you can see by the replies I am not the only one who finds your posts quite annoying to read through since you are the only person who constantly quotes the wrong way. Is it that hard to just be like the rest? Why do you want to stand out by this? Negative attention = attention? :huh:

No offense Dan, but when you are quoting someone and posting your comment first, it's hard to know what you are responding to. It's easier to read if you quote then comment. Sometimes when I see your quote following a post, I think it's a signature. It's just hard to read. Just my
2cents.gif
:reject:

:hug:

Thank you for the list. Mods, would it be possible to post set lists for each night after the show without the SetList Party and the usual number of posts; so post it once and lock it down?

For some, me cuz Im asking, it can be tiresome to search, hunt, type, browse and otherwise stare at Blue Crack when all I want to know is what songs were played in what order after the show is over.

Don't get me wrong, the commentary is fun, but surfing 800 posts to find THE SETLIST can be a long night when there are diapers to change.

If not, no big deal.

Thanks -- BTW cool claw lit up!

Thank you for the list. Mods, would it be possible to post set lists for each night after the show without the SetList Party and the usual number of posts; so post it once and lock it down?

For some, me cuz Im asking, it can be tiresome to search, hunt, type, browse and otherwise stare at Blue Crack when all I want to know is what songs were played in what order after the show is over.

Don't get me wrong, the commentary is fun, but surfing 800 posts to find THE SETLIST can be a long night when there are diapers to change.

If not, no big deal.

Thanks -- BTW cool claw lit up!

U2gigs.com

as V-bomb says, Axver runs u2gigs.com and it is updated live

We could probably make a locked sticky thread and one of the mods can update it each time with the setlist.

i respond to posts like i respond to e-mail, with what i quote at the bottom. i have always done it this way and i never considered it to be the 'wrong way'.

Not to beat a dead horse, but one thing to consider.

It makes sense to do this with email, because that person already knows what they wrote and what you are responding to, but a forum is different. It's not a conversation between two people who are privy to the conversation as a whole. It's a continuous ongoing conversations between several people. And in my opinion should read that way. The question before the answer, the quote before the response... Why should I have to start at the bottom only when I get to your posts?

Just something to think about...

Back
Top Bottom