Did Bono fly to Sunday's gig after partying with Sean Penn?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Timing of this doesn't compute:

On Sunday, Penn joined Bono for lunch at celebrity chef Marco Pierre White’s Steakhouse and Grill — but the Milk star left the eatery after just two hours while Bono continued to party into the early evening.

Even if early evening was 5PM, Denmark is an hour ahead of Dublin (so 6PM) - Bono would have to literally speed to the plane and step straight off the plane and into the show. While possible, I kinda doubt he cut it that close, hence timing doesn't compute.

I believe the party was actually on Friday night .. at least that is what some other papers reported.

Sean Penn was in the ellipse at my show back in 05 :hmm:

seanpennellipse.jpg

/random

Timing of this doesn't compute:

Even if early evening was 5PM, Denmark is an hour ahead of Dublin (so 6PM) - Bono would have to literally speed to the plane and step straight off the plane and into the show. While possible, I kinda doubt he cut it that close, hence timing doesn't compute.

I think the birthday party was friday, but besides that your point isn't completely valid. When we were already IN the stadium in Frankfurt, around 6pm people pointed to the sky. We saw the U2 360 plane ARRIVE at Frankfurt airport on the night of the show. So they actually do come in late sometimes. Though ofcourse arriving at 6 is different from departing.

the first party was the 13th (friday) and now there is a mention of continuing the celebrations the day after, so that would have been on saturday..

I read that they arrived in Denmark on Sundayafternoon, don't remember the exact time (nor the article), but it was definitely before 6pm

I think the birthday party was friday, but besides that your point isn't completely valid. When we were already IN the stadium in Frankfurt, around 6pm people pointed to the sky. We saw the U2 360 plane ARRIVE at Frankfurt airport on the night of the show. So they actually do come in late sometimes. Though ofcourse arriving at 6 is different from departing.

I saw the U2 convoy arrive at the stadium in Frankfurt almost exactly at 6pm (video on Facebook here), so I guess the flight you saw must have been a wee bit earlier. The Frankfurt airport is just next door to the stadium. I wonder if the band's whole entourage can breeze through the airport in minutes.

Yeah it could've been a bit earlier, perhaps 5.30. But it seemed quite late to me. Ofcourse the crew were already there, Dallas, Stuart, Joe et al.

I don't get the point of this thread. Is the question being asked because he was late and/or drunk during Sunday's gig?

What's next - Did Bono Buy Cauliflower Before Friday's Gig?

I was chatting to a Belgian fan in the GA queue on Monday who was convinced Bono seemed really lost and confused onstage at times during Sunday's show. I told him it was probably just a hangover. But now I see it was some dodgy cauliflower cheese!

I don't get the point of this thread. Is the question being asked because he was late and/or drunk during Sunday's gig?

What's next - Did Bono Buy Cauliflower Before Friday's Gig?

I was just wondering about the story posted in the media & how late Bono can leave a party in Dublin & still make it to a gig in another country on the same day.

Plus, I just love it that Sean Penn & Eve Hewson are working together. And that Kris Kristofferson was there. I would love to hear U2 snippet "Me And Bobby McGEe."

I was just wondering about the story posted in the media & how late Bono can leave a party in Dublin & still make it to a gig in another country on the same day.

Plus, I just love it that Sean Penn & Eve Hewson are working together. And that Kris Kristofferson was there. I would love to hear U2 snippet "Me And Bobby McGEe."

Bono did snippet 2 songs of Kristofferson at the end of ISHFWILF,
from u2gigs (Horsens 1 setlist):
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down (snippet) / Help Me Make It Through The Night (snippet)

Back
Top Bottom