DC, Charlottesville, Atlanta, Tampa, Los Angeles, Vancouver Pre-Sale & General Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are waiting to see how Washington DC, Charlottsville, and Atlanta sell, before they put the Raleigh show on sale. If they feel sales are strong, what they expect, or even stronger for those first 3 cities, then Raleigh will likely get a show on this leg. If not, they may do Raleigh in June 2010.

no worries of a football game, NCSU is playing at Wake that day......:hmm:

Sat. 10/03/09
Time TBA Demon Deaconsat Wake Forest

They won't do two Pasadena shows. There isn't room in the schedule for one, and it's a large stadium. It would be 2 Dodger Stadiums.

SMB

I honestly can't see them hauling the "every show" gear from Pasadena to Vancouver (not to mention customs) in one full day. I used to work as a stagehand and it seems very unlikely to me.

SMB

QUESTION: I don't have to access the pre-sale page through the email or the link on U2.com, do I? I can just go to Ticketmaster and search for the event?

I'm in an important class tomorrow and am having two friends buy for me. That's what I told them to do...hope I'm not wrong. :uhoh: :D

They can just go straight through ticketmaster and type in (or paste in) the pre-sale code. No need to sign in thru U2.com

SMB

I honestly can't see them hauling the "every show" gear from Pasadena to Vancouver (not to mention customs) in one full day. I used to work as a stagehand and it seems very unlikely to me.

SMB

There are two stage set-ups. The one in LA won't go to Vancouver. The one in Las Vegas will.

If these dates turn out to be accurate:

19 October 2009 Oklahoma Memorial Stadium Norman OK US Sat. 4 April
20 October 2009 Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Phoenix AZ US Mon. 20 April

...then, U2 have already determined that playing back-to-back nights in different cities is possible.

I understand there are 3 stages, but they still have 2 trucks full of their "every day" stuff. Guitars, soundboards, clothing, and a bunch of other stuff. And, the crew themselves travel by bus

SMB

QUESTION: I don't have to access the pre-sale page through the email or the link on U2.com, do I? I can just go to Ticketmaster and search for the event?

I'm in an important class tomorrow and am having two friends buy for me. That's what I told them to do...hope I'm not wrong. :uhoh: :D

I would think so. that's what i did last week to look for tix, but i didnt end up buying. It did give me the chance though.

Does anyone have any clue on what seats will be like behind the stage in DC? If you look at Ticketmaster's seating chart (U2 360º Tour tickets FedExField Landover, MD, Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site.) it looks like there is some stuff back there blocking you but if you look on 360.u2.com (they don't have DC up, but use Giants Stadium as an example: http://360.u2.com/images/largevenues/lg_newyork.jpg) it looks like the stage is open on all four sides meaning those rear seats might actually be good ones. Anyone with any guidance here? Thanks.

There are about 5,000 obstructed view seats for football games. Not sure if they will sell obstructed view for the concert.

Thanks. I'll have to wait and see what comes up, but hoping that I can get decent $95 seats in the 100 level with a breathe code. Guessing that it won't be a problem if there are no Redskins passwords to compete with, but iffy if there are.

Does anyone have any clue on what seats will be like behind the stage in DC? If you look at Ticketmaster's seating chart (U2 360º Tour tickets FedExField Landover, MD, Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site.) it looks like there is some stuff back there blocking you but if you look on 360.u2.com (they don't have DC up, but use Giants Stadium as an example: http://360.u2.com/images/largevenues/lg_newyork.jpg) it looks like the stage is open on all four sides meaning those rear seats might actually be good ones. Anyone with any guidance here? Thanks.

Not specific to DC, but the band has been saying the rear seats will be good. It's unfortunate that we don't have the benefit of some Europe shows occurring before pre-sale of NA. Might not know for sure how good those seats are until some concerts start. Best guess is you'll be fairly close and unobstructed, but looking at the band's back sides most of the night?

How would we know if they were cancelled? I would hate to line up all day only to find out my tix aren't valid!

Thanks Romi, I'll put my mother-in-law's billing address down.

Thanks Laura, too, I feel much better guys and will def be trying for L.A. tomorrow! :yes:

you wouldn't actually get your tickets they would actually cancel them and notify (refunding your money,etc.) you before they would of been sent out.

Anyone have an idea of the price structure for DC? Do you think 200-levels will be $95?

I am an Atlanta Falcons season ticket holder & I received an email this morning about a "special" presale opportunity for the ATL show. Seems as though Atlanta is following the lead of last week's presale cities in offering presales for their NFL teams. Wonder if U2 struck a deal with the NFL? Anyway, the thing that bums me about it is the fact that the presale starts TODAY (day 1 of the presale) at noon. I am a Breathe member, so I have been getting geared up for the day 2 presale. From what I read last week though, the season ticket holder presales must have had a different pool of tickets that were available -- no G.A.s. I kinda hope that is the case with Atlanta too.

BTW, I'm just a regular season ticket holder (of about 20 years) -- no suite tickets or anything special.

I am an Atlanta Falcons season ticket holder & I received an email this morning about a "special" presale opportunity for the ATL show. Seems as though Atlanta is following the lead of last week's presale cities in offering presales for their NFL teams. Wonder if U2 struck a deal with the NFL? Anyway, the thing that bums me about it is the fact that the presale starts TODAY (day 1 of the presale) at noon. I am a Breathe member, so I have been getting geared up for the day 2 presale. From what I read last week though, the season ticket holder presales must have had a different pool of tickets that were available -- no G.A.s. I kinda hope that is the case with Atlanta too.

BTW, I'm just a regular season ticket holder (of about 20 years) -- no suite tickets or anything special.

Do you know if your seats for the games will be the same for the concert? I should ask my father today if he received an email from the Falcons about the presale, since he too is a season ticket holder.

Great. :angry: (I'm a Breathe member too.)

I am seriously thinking of just going the Charlottesville show. Iris you said you'd seen Popmart at the Georgia Dome and it was cool? That place just makes me nervous, it seems so huge. :crazy:

Great. :angry: (I'm a Breathe member too.)

I am seriously thinking of just going the Charlottesville show. Iris you said you'd seen Popmart at the Georgia Dome and it was cool? That place just makes me nervous, it seems so huge. :crazy:

No, I missed PopMart, I saw ZooTV at the Dome. It was cool but the sound is not that great and I was near the stage.

Not specific to DC, but the band has been saying the rear seats will be good. It's unfortunate that we don't have the benefit of some Europe shows occurring before pre-sale of NA. Might not know for sure how good those seats are until some concerts start. Best guess is you'll be fairly close and unobstructed, but looking at the band's back sides most of the night?

Yup. I did this during Vertigo tour. Philly had so many shows during Vertigo that I had to try one time to get a seat behind the stage, just to see how it would be like. Of course, the seat is not ideal. Yes, you'll be looking at their backs, most of the time... The only glances we got of their faces were when Bono turned around from time to time, and when Adam and Edge looked to Larry just before they ended the songs. With Larry... you gotta be a little creative. He's the one who doesn't move freely during the shows, even if he wanted to engage the rear stage crowd, he wouldn't be able to. You also have a set of big screen TVs if you really want to see their facial expressions at a particular time.

But I found it to be a whole other experience... I loved it in its own way. I'd say if this isn't your only show, then go for behind the stage experience. You'll be really close to the band, and you'll only be paying $95 instead of $250 like the other sections. I know GA is not an option for some people...

With that shpiel done, please stay away from 2nd nights' behind the stage seating during general sales... I want a chance at those seats! :D

Good luck to everyone who's going for the presale today!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom